I got a new car. Be Jealous.

Road taxes, hiking gas prices, the constant worry of getting scratched, stolen or spilled. You bought yourself a winner alright.

I R jelly :c

:confused: We don't really have that. Our infrastructure funding comes from income tax, like most of the government budget. What an interesting system.
Here in the province i'm in a large portion is mainly for public transportation, a small 'insurance' fee and then a few mere dollars for the actual license lol

Here in the province i'm in a large portion is mainly for public transportation, a small 'insurance' fee and then a few mere dollars for the actual license lol
What province is that? Here in Alberta vehicle registration is almost identical to the cost of the driver's license, and none of it is used for public transportation. And insurance is dealt with separately, in fact you must be insured before you can even register the vehicle.

What province is that? Here in Alberta vehicle registration is almost identical to the cost of the driver's license, and none of it is used for public transportation. And insurance is dealt with separately, in fact you must be insured before you can even register the vehicle.

I live in Quebec. Also, we are also obliged to have a separate insurance. The one we're feed is to cover costs of injury or death in case of accident offered by the SAAQ , where ever in the world.
I can't remember, but i think it also serves for something else.. :confused:

Passenger Vehicle License (no demerits and no other class licenses):
68$ for Insurance contribution
4.25$ for Charge
17$ for Ministry of Finances and Economy
total 89.25$

Vehicle Registration (3000Kg or less):
128$ Insurance Premium
4.25 Charge
111$ Registration Fee
30$ Contribution to public transit or 75$ for owners of vehicles registered on the island of Montréal (Fuck I live here)
Total: 273.25$ or 318.25$

I live in Quebec. Also, we are also obliged to have a separate insurance. The one we're feed is to cover costs of injury or death in case of accident offered by the SAAQ , where ever in the world.
I can't remember, but i think it also serves for something else.. :confused:

Passenger Vehicle License (no demerits and no other class licenses):
68$ for Insurance contribution
4.25$ for Charge
17$ for Ministry of Finances and Economy
total 89.25$

Vehicle Registration (3000Kg or less):
128$ Insurance Premium
4.25 Charge
111$ Registration Fee
30$ Contribution to public transit or 75$ for owners of vehicles registered on the island of Montréal (Fuck I live here)
Total: 273.25$ or 318.25$
And this is yet another reason for me to never move to Quebec.

5 year operator license: $75 + up to $9 service charge.
1 year vehicle registration: $75 + up to $9 service charge.

Total to get on the road: $150

And this is yet another reason for me to never move to Quebec.

5 year operator license: $75 + up to $9 service charge.
1 year vehicle registration: $75 + up to $9 service charge.

Total to get on the road: $150

Yea it sucks.. And we have to pay both each year.. >_>

Yea it sucks.. And we have to pay both each year.. >_>
Ewwww. I can understand the way road tax is set up in the US, people who drive pay more to help the roads stay maintained. But why do drivers of cars in Quebec have to pay to maintain busses and light rail transit? Sense makes none brah.

Road taxes you say?

Y u no check dates.
Dates?!?! I saw pretty vid of a car going in a tunnel, it was on the uppity with the forum list stoof. Still roughly a 'new' car purchase >.> (course I bought a house at the end of the year last year so....yeah.....)

Back