Ingress Thread

MotorKat

yin-yang-ingress.png

(a Google Niantic Labs creation)
So, upon acquiring a Smartphone, I've started participating more in this App/Game/Capture-The-Portal/Turf-Wars thing, and am thoroughly amused. It also gives me further incentive to jog more around town for fitness and health x3 Its really fascinating!

Anyone else here play this? If you do, what team did you side with? There's a huge crew of The Resistance at the college campus where I live, so I decided to be part of The Enlightened instead just to mess with the campus hotspots there. Within the first day of actual usage, I've taken two portals untouched by anyone near my apartment and linked them together.

(I did make a search query on the forums to see if anyone else made a thread, but nothing popped up :confused:)

In case this wasn't tl;dr enough

I downloaded the app and found out the nearest portal is near a water tower 900m away from me! Sadly I can't go there right now.

I was interested, until it turned out my phone's screen is too small to run this.
STUPID UI WHY CAN'T I PRESS THE NEXT BUTTON

I'm really digging how the UI scales. Being unable to see half the screen makes for an excellent experience.

I've been reading up on this. Even though I may not be able to use Ingress, I am forming a team here that can. We are the Enlightened.

I'm really digging how the UI scales. Being unable to see half the screen makes for an excellent experience.
I've noticed that too, sometimes zooming in, then out fixes that. Or, when the map tilts in an inconvenient way.
I've been reading up on this. Even though I may not be able to use Ingress, I am forming a team here that can. We are the Enlightened.
Wooo! Take out the Smurfs!

I've joined the Enlightened as of last night. The Resistance is fairly evenly-matched with the Enlightened in my area. While chatting with the locals, we took almost our entire city core, then promptly lost it half an hour later, then gained it back, rinse and repeat twice more. Currently, the part of the core on the north half of the river (my side) is holding at about 90% Enlightened, while the south side (the university campus) is about 80% controlled by Resistance.

I need to somehow get access to the Intel Map. There is a portal just outside my school controlled by the Resistance.

There's 2 portals within 1 km of where I live and a metric fuckton of XM all around but I can't do a damn thing about it because this game requires your phone to have data connection at all times to function. Where I live there is no cell service, let alone data connection...

So, any takers for a T9K meet up so we can take some portals on the side of the Enlightened? (I need to find a way to get into the intel map.)

EDIT: I have access to the map now, and oh boy is my town screwed. The entire place is pretty much Resistance controlled.

So where I live the resistance pretty much rules. But there happens to be on open portal at a park just down the street from me

So, any takers for a T9K meet up so we can take some portals on the side of the Enlightened? (I need to find a way to get into the intel map.)

EDIT: I have access to the map now, and oh boy is my town screwed. The entire place is pretty much Resistance controlled.
There's 2 portals within 1 km of where I live and a metric fuckton of XM all around but I can't do a damn thing about it because this game requires your phone to have data connection at all times to function. Where I live there is no cell service, let alone data connection...
if you have a Tablet with wifi/#G capabilities, as opposed to a normal smartphone you may be in luck! I know one of my friends plays from both types of devices. wifi hotspots are a helpful tool if they are freely accessible.

So where I live the resistance pretty much rules. But there happens to be on open portal at a park just down the street from me

the areas with high numbers of portals (like my college campus) are great places to train and hack for the tools and experience toward leveling up. I'd look and see if there's a local frog team in your areas, and if not just cause a ruckus and flip portals!

I really am curious if there's going to be a thing at PAX concerning this, conventions must bring in a bunch of chaotic movement and shifts of map control in Boston x3

I go to a lot of road trips and what keeps me awake is trying to find the nearest portal and tell whoever is driving to go and pass there. Sadly, I don't have my phone anymore... ;( I used to walk everywhere at the mall to just hack and hack.

Back