Ingress Thread

Time to get this...

Well, great, I'm smack dab in the middle of Enlightened territory as Resistance and there's a Enlightened guy literally 300m down the street creating control fields...

Time to get this...

Well, great, I'm smack dab in the middle of Enlightened territory as Resistance and there's a Enlightened guy literally 300m down the street creating control fields...
Why would you be a smurf? You know what the Resistance is resisting, right? The furthering of humanity! Progress, creativity, inventions! It's people like you who held us back in the Dark Ages :mad:

Why would you be a smurf? You know what the Resistance is resisting, right? The furthering of humanity! Progress, creativity, inventions! It's people like you who held us back in the Dark Ages :mad:
I actually flipped a coin. 50-50 chance of finding out my area is friendly/enemy?

The Enlightened strive for a new era of human development. Stagnation, resistance to progress, and the ignorance of man. These are all the obstacles we face, but must overcome. I imagine a bright world, but the 'resistance' of the so called 'protectors of the human mind' are causing a halt in the progress and stride of mans' ingenuity and creativity. The only logical choice is to join the true resistance movement, the Enlightened, and resist the mortal binds that hold us and lead us astray from our next stage of human evolution.
Pick Green
Be a Frog
Resist the Resistance

Google drove through my town a week or two ago, and included in that train were some individuals from Niantic. I missed nl1331 (one of the moving portals) due to working during the event. :C
The plus side is, last Friday I bumped up to Level 9. And with the 2 Year Anniversary badges coming out November 15th, I might fast track to Level 10. :D

TAKE HEED, TADPOLES.

EDT:
Downloaded this today whilst on the bus. Managed to hack 8 portals before I got home. All of them places of worship for some reason. Not sure about the point of this game but it sure drains my battery quickly aha.
places of worship are often portals, as they are hyper-local areas of community. I recently had a portal submission activate that is a New Adventist Church. Not much for decorations, but it met the criteria for an acceptable portal.

EDT2: oh, and Gurw, pick up yer damn keys!

EDT2: oh, and Gurw, pick up yer damn keys!
no_rage_face_vector_by_caffeinejunkie-d4tb60e.png

Interestingly, all the urban areas around me are looking very green whilst the rural areas are much more blue...

5ed39dce8f.jpg

Went on a day trip with the parents today. Managed to perform drive-by hackings on various portals. Acquired a Jarvis virus, which is apparently quite rare?

Went on a day trip with the parents today. Managed to perform drive-by hackings on various portals. Acquired a Jarvis virus, which is apparently quite rare?
Yes. Jarvis Viruses are quite rare. The drop chance on them (for some people) are very very low. I got mine relativly fast, but i know some who wait at least 3000 hacks before they get another one. Use it wisely. It is not something to be taken for granted.

Lucky bastard. I STILL don't have one.

Anyway, yes, they're extremely rare, and best saved until you find a smurf's main anchor portal (a high-level portal that's the main connection or "anchor" point of a large number of fields, usually over 10). You can instantly turn that portal into ours.

Lucky bastard. I STILL don't have one.

Anyway, yes, they're extremely rare, and best saved until you find a smurf's main anchor portal (a high-level portal that's the main connection or "anchor" point of a large number of fields, usually over 10). You can instantly turn that portal into ours.

I figured as much. I read in the wiki that you can only convert a portal up to one level higher than you are, and I'm only level 3 atm so need to hang on for a bit. Will just keep it safe aha.

one theory I've heard about the viruses is that their drop rate depends on how much you attack and destroy enemy portals.

to date, I've probably hacked 5 Jarvises and 1 ADA, and i've been playing since the end of February, when I upgraded my phone. They don't pop up often, so keep it safe!

whoooh, boy! four layers is perdy
I know it's hard to tell, but that outer layer is actually 2 layers deep.
That one was put up for the checkpoint before end of cycle, lasted until the third checkpoint in the next cycle.
Capture7.PNG

8 layer wrap a few days ago, lasted through two and a half checkpoints (I say half because we were blocked on the last 5 layers until the next checkpoint)
Capture8.PNG

7 layer wrap over my city right now, hopefully it lasts a few checkpoints.

All three of the above I assisted with. I've been part of a dozen city wraps in the last few weeks. I lurv megafielding!

Edit: 5 checkpoints! Woooo!

Recently I began to start playing seriously, reached level 7 today while layering fields. Also got a First Saturday coming up around here.

View attachment 144709
I'm actually on a sort of hiatus while I get my finances in order. I'm applying for a $1.5M loan at the start of the next fiscal year and I need to have a shitton for a down payment. But Ingress is still a huge part of my daily life. Playing heavily gets more and more fun the more you integrate with your community. I'm one of the leaders of the local ENL faction, even though I'm far from the highest level, and it really upped the fun factor.

Last edited:
Back