Items and/or things you think should be added to minecraft itself.

I would like stained glass.

Not just blocks of glass/panes of different colors. I want to be able to edit the 16x16 of mini-mincraft-pixels that make up each side of a glass pane to make intricate stained glass designs.

An editor would open up when you right click a glass pane. Depending on what dyes you insert, you have access to different colors of stained glass which you use to essentially make a sprite in the 16x16 plane. Yes, this would take forever to make huge stained glass windows, but they would look godly amazing. They could add simple tools to make the pixel art a bit faster, considering each 16x16 pane of glass is 256 squares.

edit: I have been thinking about how this can be implemented practically and this is what I have come up with from a programing viewpoint. What we see as a glass pane in minecraft is really only the image that we have it set to in our minecraft folder. A mod to achieve my goal would create a new individual texture image for each pane that is right clicked on and edited, which is then permanently attached to that pane, and that pane only. When the pane is destroyed, the image associated with it should be erased. I hope sometime in the future to either present this idea to someone at mojang who is willing to listen, or try to code it myself as a mod.

Not just blocks of glass/panes of different colors. I want to be able to edit the 16x16 of mini-mincraft-pixels that make up each side of a glass pane to make intricate stained glass designs.

An editor would open up when you right click a glass pane. Depending on what dyes you insert, you have access to different colors of stained glass which you use to essentially make a sprite in the 16x16 plane. Yes, this would take forever to make huge stained glass windows, but they would look godly amazing. They could add simple tools to make the pixel art a bit faster, considering each 16x16 pane of glass is 256 squares.

edit: I have been thinking about how this can be implemented practically and this is what I have come up with from a programing viewpoint. What we see as a glass pane in minecraft is really only the image that we have it set to in our minecraft folder. A mod to achieve my goal would create a new individual texture image for each pane that is right clicked on and edited, which is then permanently attached to that pane, and that pane only. When the pane is destroyed, the image associated with it should be erased. I hope sometime in the future to either present this idea to someone at mojang who is willing to listen, or try to code it myself as a mod.
tbh multidimensional array of colors representing the grid of 'mini-minecraft-pixels' on each block would be a significantly less silly implementation.

http://help.mojang.com/customer/portal/articles/920890-where-can-i-submit-suggestions-

Basically get a high rating on Reddit and they'll possibly take a look.

Back