Languages

ollee

So, being a very multinational community(I love the thought of that) I'm curious, what languages does everyone speak??

Naturally, most of us speak English, however, I speak a little German. I know many of our non-American brethren speak more than one language, and quite a few of the others, so let's hear 'em!

I am receptively bilingual when it comes to Arabic, but I'm only fluent with English. I am learning French in school.

I speak English and can nearly speak Spanish fluently. I can understand Italian (family background), but can't speak it in return. I pick up the slightest bit of Dutch from living there when I was a kid, same with Arabic due to family relations. I know the slightest bit of Thai as well.

I've learned a minuscule amount of Dutch, but would absolutely love to learn more. I speak English (both), and I can write in Al Bhed :trollface:
I studied Spanish for 3 years in high school, but retained a very small amount of it since I never had to use it practically. I'm able to remember bits and pieces when I need to, and I can understand a good majority when spoken to me. I'm usually able to understand an unknown language better when I'm reading it, rather than hearing it, though.

Edit:

However -
My Spanish teacher had us watch Selena and was obsessed with Enrique Iglasias xD
I learned my Dutch from a free limited online program.
Al Bhed has a very small use, as it's only in Final Fantasy.
So, no. My languages are not practical, but I'm still proud of what I do know, and I'm looking to learn more.

I'd ask DutchCheese, but I don't feel like learning Druntch

Eu falo português, sign language, and I also speak Amer-, I mean, English.

Betting that I am the only person in this thread that can speak their other tongues as fluently as English :p

*EDIT*

Didn't mean it in a negative manner whatsoever, was only joking. So, before people claim me as the devil or get themselves in a bunch... yeah.

Mother tongue is Dutch. [Mijn moedertaal is Nederlands.]
Second language is French, as it is an official language in Belgium. [Ma seconde langue est français parce que c'est une langue officielle de la Belgique.]
I am also quite fluent in English (I think). [herp]
Being able to talk Dutch I can understand a grand portion of German.
Learning Norwegian and the other Scandinavian languages. [Jeg lærer norsk og andre skandinaviske språk.]

I've learned a minuscule amount of Dutch, but would absolutely love to learn more. I speak English (both), and I can write in Al Bhed :trollface:
I studied Spanish for 3 years in high school, but retained a very small amount of it since I never had to use it practically. I'm able to remember bits and pieces when I need to, and I can understand a good majority when spoken to me. I'm usually able to understand an unknown language better when I'm reading it, rather than hearing it, though.

Edit:

However -
My Spanish teacher had us watch Selena and was obsessed with Enrique Iglasias xD
I learned my Dutch from a free limited online program.
Al Bhed has a very small use, as it's only in Final Fantasy.
So, no. My languages are not practical, but I'm still proud of what I do know, and I'm looking to learn more.

I'd ask DutchCheese, but I don't feel like learning Druntch

Dutch isn't that hard gramatically-wise, although I've noticed that pretty much every non-Dutch speaking person I know has trouble pronounciating our beautiful little language : P

English, and the small amount of Spanish I can remember our angry Spanish teacher screaming at us. 45 minutes of that woman letting out strings of fluent Spanish mixed in with...Flamboyant profanites....>.> 15 minutes of a lesson. Plus, a small amount of Yautjan.

Also, currently taking Chinese. Honestly one of the easiest and most simplistic languages to learn, it kinda brings out how difficult of a language English is with all of English's circumstantial and situational lingo.

I speak English and can nearly speak Spanish fluently. I can understand Italian (family background), but can't speak it in return. I pick up the slightest bit of Dutch from living there when I was a kid, same with Arabic due to family relations. I know the slightest bit of Thai as well.

Sawatdee, Usty.

As for me, I was raised speaking both Thai and English but have lost most of my Thai due to growing up in a non-Thai community. I can still understand hearing others speak quite well though.

Learned Spanish through out high school and am fairly fluent reading and writing it. I can get by conversationally.

I was born in France. I speak French. Ya rly.
I've learned English. At first I thought my English was bad, but if it was really bad, I wouldn't be on this forum.
I've learned German at school too, I can understand written German, but I think it's harder than English. Ich mag Kartoffelsalat und Wurst mit Schokolade.

Betting that I am the only person in this thread that can speak their other tongues as fluently as English :p

It has to be done... You just lost your bet.. :p
Some people on mumble (when I used to go on) had no clue i spoke French or that I was Canadian. I speak French fluently as obviously (or not) it's my mother tongue. Speak it the most, really.

Mais, que veut tu? Des fois, les apparences peuvent êtres décevantes!

English is my native language. I took both German and French in high school, so I can read, write, and speak to some degree in those languages. I can figure out most written Dutch, but I can't understand it when it is spoken(let alone speak it XD).

I also know some Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Icelandic, Japanese, Italian, and Spanish.

Ich mag Kartoffelsalat und Wurst mit Schokolade.
Und gib mir 3.427 bratwürste mit sauerkraut , senf und ketchup.

Sawatdee, Usty.

As for me, I was raised speaking both Thai and English but have lost most of my Thai due to growing up in a non-Thai community. I can still understand hearing others speak quite well though.

Learned Spanish through out high school and am fairly fluent reading and writing it. I can get by conversationally.
Sawatdee krub ^_^

Und gib mir 3.427 bratwürste mit sauerkraut , senf und ketchup.

image.png

Back