Languages

I speak, write, know American English.
I have a mild understanding of German and Welsh.
I took Latin and German in high school. I remember zero Latin even though my dad babbles at me in it now and then. I have no idea what he's saying, but he acts like I do so I roll with it.
I understand very, very little Japanese and Italian. My mothers family is heavily Sicilian so...hooray. The Japanese I blame my friends family(Her and her mother were born and raised in Japan.) and anime.

Took 3 years of spanish, don't care to remember much of it.
Trying to teach myself japanese and german.
All I can say is I love you in both so far.
That's all that's necessary though right?
images

I speak (American) English, and I studied German in High School and Latin in College. Last year I received some books on learning Japanese characters, and how to speak Japanese.

Ultimately, I know very little of the three latter languages, and just enough of the former to get by.

I have the same curse of only knowing that in various languages.

Ich liebe dich
Aishiteru
Wo ai ni
Jag alskar dig
Je t'aime
Saranghae

And so on.

Similarly, I know how to say 'I cheesed your mum' in various languages. Unfortunately it doesn't really make sense in any language, and it's probably not quite as useful as I love you. Nearly, though.
I speak English fluently, conversational German, patches of French from school and a reasonable amount of written Danish. Not a word spoken though, and I'm laughably bad at the accent.

I'm only fluent in English. However, I can communicate effectively enough in Ukranian, French, American Sign Language, English Sign Language, French Sign Language, Spanish, and Italian. Having said that, I wouldn't trust myself dropped into any country where those are the only languages spoken.

Back