League of Legends Thread

This is why ranked infuriates me so much. I belong in a rank so far above silver I, but I am continuously teamed with people who belong far below silver I. My MMR is pretty high with my win rate, so for most games I am paired with high gold-low plat players despite being in silver I, which is perfect. I get very even games that don't feel lopsided, but out of nowhere, riot decides to put me with players who make the game look like a joke… I don't understand why matchmaking does this.

My play level is almost perfectly consistent. Consistently good. No matter where I play, I win lane, hands down. So that being said, my win rate is entirely dependent upon who I am paired with. Any decent team I can usually carry, but sometimes it is too much, per screenshots below.

5yVVAPv.png

RbZ1C2O.png

I duo'd with a friend to help him win his final promo to get out of Silver. He made the mistake of not banning Yasuo and Jax, and on top of that, we got the worst kind of Teemo. I seem to have bad luck when duoing with people nowadays.

Draven Match.PNG

This is why ranked infuriates me so much. I belong in a rank so far above silver I, but I am continuously teamed with people who belong far below silver I. My MMR is pretty high with my win rate, so for most games I am paired with high gold-low plat players despite being in silver I, which is perfect. I get very even games that don't feel lopsided, but out of nowhere, riot decides to put me with players who make the game look like a joke… I don't understand why matchmaking does this.

My play level is almost perfectly consistent. Consistently good. No matter where I play, I win lane, hands down. So that being said, my win rate is entirely dependent upon who I am paired with. Any decent team I can usually carry, but sometimes it is too much, per screenshots below.

5yVVAPv.png

RbZ1C2O.png
Uhh, you're getting paired with people from Silver 1 to Gold 4 because that's what your elo is. If you want to get paired with high elo people you should probably climb to it first. Your win rate is 53%, you're gaining elo slowly. I'm not sure what you're mad about, you can't win every game. You're going to have teams that aren't that good and you're just going to have to carry them.

So that being said, my win rate is entirely dependent upon who I am paired with.

Don't make me cringe .-. You can dictate the pace of the game from any role.

5yVVAPv.png

RbZ1C2O.png

I don't mean to be that guy...

But you did die 10 times, you have some room for improvement somewhere in there.

I view the game like this ; No matter how well i do, it is my fault my team loses. There is always something i could have done differently to win my lane harder or to give vision for team. For example, if i was to go 3/0 as jungle lee sin but my bot lane didn't do so hot, its my fault i wasn't there to assist. I also could have used my sightstone wards to provide vision for them, or fought the enemy jungler so that they can't go bot. I also could have peeled better at some point in the game or stolen some objectives with my smite q spike combo.

Basically there is always something i could have done better. I just look for what i could improve on in every loss and don't get upset.

In season 3 i went from silver 4 to plat 3 skipping every other division , and went on a 27 win streak through high gold and low plat. If i could do it, anyone could :D

Tl;dr: there's always something you could improve on, just look for those on your loses

I don't mean to be that guy...

But you did die 10 times, you have some room for improvement somewhere in there.

I view the game like this ; No matter how well i do, it is my fault my team loses. There is always something i could have done differently to win my lane harder or to give vision for team. For example, if i was to go 3/0 as jungle lee sin but my bot lane didn't do so hot, its my fault i wasn't there to assist. I also could have used my sightstone wards to provide vision for them, or fought the enemy jungler so that they can't go bot. I also could have peeled better at some point in the game or stolen some objectives with my smite q spike combo.

Basically there is always something i could have done better. I just look for what i could improve on in every loss and don't get upset.

In season 3 i went from silver 4 to plat 3 skipping every other division , and went on a 27 win streak through high gold and low plat. If i could do it, anyone could :D

Tl;dr: there's always something you could improve on, just look for those on your loses

I've actually never seen anyone think of a game like this in that way. It actually seems like a really good idea so long as you are cool with knowing your mistakes. Dota ranked is the exact same way, as the majority of people whine and complain that they can't get better because of their teammates, when infact I have seen time and time again people perform MMR (match making rating) experiments and get their MMR back to the near exact same spot it was either through work or right out of the calibration stage. I don't know if LoL's ranked is as seemingly well designed, but I know that blaming and flaming your teammates won't make you or them any better. Even though I find myself doing it anyways many times out of anger and frustration. These sorts of games feel like more of a balance of mindset AND skill than skill alone, and that is the truly challenging part.

I've actually never seen anyone think of a game like this in that way. It actually seems like a really good idea so long as you are cool with knowing your mistakes. Dota ranked is the exact same way, as the majority of people whine and complain that they can't get better because of their teammates, when infact I have seen time and time again people perform MMR (match making rating) experiments and get their MMR back to the near exact same spot it was either through work or right out of the calibration stage. I don't know if LoL's ranked is as seemingly well designed, but I know that blaming and flaming your teammates won't make you or them any better. Even though I find myself doing it anyways many times out of anger and frustration. These sorts of games feel like more of a balance of mindset AND skill than skill alone, and that is the truly challenging part.
It's like that in league. Stratadon should be focusing on improving himself instead of complaining about teammates.

It's like that in league. Stratadon should be focusing on improving himself instead of complaining about teammates.

I don't appreciate this picture you are painting of me. I do not complain about my teammates. I simply make logical conclusions of cause in a given result of a game. I do not bitch them out in game. I always try my hardest, encourage my team and play the game out to the end. In review, however, I always dissect a game to find cause for loss. Many mechanics of the game are objectively calculable without question. There are simply aspects of your team's performance that you cannot control. No matter what you may think, in addition to the actions made by the team collectively, in any team game, there are individual's actions that nobody else can contribute to. This means that, in fact, there actually are aspects of my team's performance that I could not have changed with better playing on my own part. If you need examples of this to convince you, I would be happy to provide such, but honestly, just think about the laning phase pre-6. Playing top, I can't possible prevent my bot lane from going 0/5 before level 6 if I wanted to, don't be ridiculous.

The real issue at play here is what is gained with this attitude of finding cause for loss. The only issue I see with my current out view on league of legends is the fact that I will never play with these players on a team again, and so identifying causes of defeat in individuals other than myself has no merits, other than satisfying my discontent with the outcome in the immediate present. If I was on a team that continued to play with each other, however, this is the most useful kind of attitude possible to exhibit, if the goal is improvement--Identifying problems not only in yourself but in your teammates and how to overcome them with practice is of the utmost importance. My expression of annoyance here on the forums is simply the built up aggravation of wanting to be able to correct my teammate's poor playing but being unable to do so, and frustration that in my perception, I am not paired with teammates I believe to be of my same skill level.

It is noble to always blame yourself for your team's loss, but in my mind, that doesn't make sense logically. If you take my first conclusion--that there are aspects for the team's performance that cannot be changed by an individual on that team--Saying to yourself that the defeat was your fault when it was really disproportionately caused by a sum of individual actions of a teammate really doesn't get you anywhere. On the other hand, because I also identified the problem that I will never play with these people again, the causes of defeats I find in my teammates also will not get me anywhere, unless I use it as a "what-not-to-do" kind of exercise for the future, though I have not found it to be useful as such.

We are all exhibiting behaviors/attitudes that get us nowhere. Best to just think nothing. Let riot be riot. We play games. We always try to do our best, and sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. Despite having this outlook, it may still be true that riot is not doing the best job at teaming people together with other players of the same skill level. This is where my complaint lies, not bitching at teammates and being a general cunt. That is not how I roll.

I don't appreciate this picture you are painting of me. I do not complain about my teammates. I simply make logical conclusions of cause in a given result of a game. I do not bitch them out in game. I always try my hardest, encourage my team and play the game out to the end. In review, however, I always dissect a game to find cause for loss. Many mechanics of the game are objectively calculable without question. There are simply aspects of your team's performance that you cannot control. No matter what you may think, in addition to the actions made by the team collectively, in any team game, there are individual's actions that nobody else can contribute to. This means that, in fact, there actually are aspects of my team's performance that I could not have changed with better playing on my own part. If you need examples of this to convince you, I would be happy to provide such, but honestly, just think about the laning phase pre-6. Playing top, I can't possible prevent my bot lane from going 0/5 before level 6 if I wanted to, don't be ridiculous.

The real issue at play here is what is gained with this attitude of finding cause for loss. The only issue I see with my current out view on league of legends is the fact that I will never play with these players on a team again, and so identifying causes of defeat in individuals other than myself has no merits, other than satisfying my discontent with the outcome in the immediate present. If I was on a team that continued to play with each other, however, this is the most useful kind of attitude possible to exhibit, if the goal is improvement--Identifying problems not only in yourself but in your teammates and how to overcome them with practice is of the utmost importance. My expression of annoyance here on the forums is simply the built up aggravation of wanting to be able to correct my teammate's poor playing but being unable to do so, and frustration that in my perception, I am not paired with teammates I believe to be of my same skill level.

It is noble to always blame yourself for your team's loss, but in my mind, that doesn't make sense logically. If you take my first conclusion--that there are aspects for the team's performance that cannot be changed by an individual on that team--Saying to yourself that the defeat was your fault when it was really disproportionately caused by a sum of individual actions of a teammate really doesn't get you anywhere. On the other hand, because I also identified the problem that I will never play with these people again, the causes of defeats I find in my teammates also will not get me anywhere, unless I use it as a "what-not-to-do" kind of exercise for the future, though I have not found it to be useful as such.

We are all exhibiting behaviors/attitudes that get us nowhere. Best to just think nothing. Let riot be riot. We play games. We always try to do our best, and sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. Despite having this outlook, it may still be true that riot is not doing the best job at teaming people together with other players of the same skill level. This is where my complaint lies, not bitching at teammates and being a general cunt. That is not how I roll.
While I understand, and agree with most of what you said, it's important to note that not everyone is very consistent, and while consistency is an amazing trait to have, it isn't 100% of what composes of player skill. Some people just have bad games.

While I understand, and agree with most of what you said, it's important to note that not everyone is very consistent, and while consistency is an amazing trait to have, it isn't 100% of what composes of player skill. Some people just have bad games.

I think that this, inherently, is what makes match-making very difficult to do well. It may very well be the cause/root of the majority of the chaos and discontent found in MOBA games. The engine of negative attitude is driven by this.

Back