Lucid Dreaming

Are you a lucid dreamer?

• Total voters

DooMake

Lucid dreaming is when you are aware of dreams while dreaming. That means you can do whatever you want to while the dream lasts or until you somehow manage to wake yourself up. They say our brains work at full capacity while we are dreaming. There are many ways to attain lucidity in dreams, one of them being the WILD (wake-induced lucid dream) method. To attain lucidity using the WILD method, one needs to wake up during the night (having slept for approxamitely 6 hours), stay up for some minutes and then go back to bed, but being concious while entering a dream.

Doesn't that sound interesting? To do whatever you want to in your dreams and being fully concious of it. Maybe fly (what everybody thinks of first), maybe place blocks "in real life" or any other thing what you have always wanted to do. I have studied lucid dreaming for about 7 months now, and have not yet managed to enter a single lucid dream. So there is one question. Is lucid dreaming Really possible? Or is it just the usual spiritual talk-to-the-dead-and-be-able-to-foresee-the-tomorrow- stuff? Sure it has been proven by scientists, but does that make lucid dreaming possible? Are there any lucid-dreaming Team9000-ers? For more lucid dreaming stuff and guides, go here
http://www.dreamviews.com/content/

From what you described, I think I have had 1 lucid dream that I can remember. Or, more specifically, a lucid nightmare. All I remember from this dream (was like 3/4 years ago) was that the dream started and I was in the middle of some large body of water and it was dark. Also, the water was cold and there was nothing around me. And then I had a feeling that there were "things" below me and I started laughing in my dream thinking it was so ridiculous that I was in such an obvious and fake situation. Then I woke up and I laughed. The end.

I must've been lucky, cause i had such dreams like... 5? Maybe 6 times, without even trying :eek:
Most of them were wery short though, because i was getting excited everytime i noticed i'm in a dream and i can do whatever i want, and as you prolly know, getting too excited = waking up.
And, you know... flying isnt the first thing i thought of in these dreams... Try to guess, what could it be... =3

I must've been lucky, cause i had such dreams like... 5? Maybe 6 times, without even trying :eek:
Most of them were wery short though, because i was getting excited everytime i noticed i'm in a dream and i can do whatever i want, and as you prolly know, getting too excited = waking up.
And, you know... flying isnt the first thing i thought of in these dreams... Try to guess, what could it be... =3
A lot of hot chicks.

From what you described, I think I have had 1 lucid dream that I can remember. Or, more specifically, a lucid nightmare. All I remember from this dream (was like 3/4 years ago) was that the dream started and I was in the middle of some large body of water and it was dark. Also, the water was cold and there was nothing around me. And then I had a feeling that there were "things" below me and I started laughing in my dream thinking it was so ridiculous that I was in such an obvious and fake situation. Then I woke up and I laughed. The end.
With that good awareness in your dreams you could easily become lucid with some other method... DILD (dream induced lucid dream) I think. Lucid dreams can also help getting rid of nightmares :p

A lot of hot chicks.
<3

With that good awareness in your dreams you could easily become lucid with some other method... DILD (dream induced lucid dream) I think. Lucid dreams can also help getting rid of nightmares :p

I dont have nightmares almost at all :eek:
Is my life so sweet that my brain doesnt know what should it put to one? :O
Btw, tell me moar about that DILD... interesting name btw :3

Well DJ, to enter a Dream Induced Lucid Dream, you gotta at least keep a dream journal (when waking up, write down what happened in your dream) and then you need to do "reality checks" during the day, so that when you do a RC in your dream, you magically realize you are in a dream. Example of one RC method: pinch your nose and see if you can breath. If you can't, you aren't dreaming, but if you can, you are in a dream and hopefully you will realize that. Another RC method is to look at some text, read it, and then look away for a sec. Then read the text again, and if the text is different, you are dreaming. Personally I don't do RCs as pinching your nose looks stupid. That is all I remember about DILDs. If you want to know more, here is a link to a DILD tutorial http://www.dreamviews.com/f12/puffins-dild-guide-100798/ You can also browse the dreamviews site and forums for more techniques and stuff.

yeah, I've had tons of ridiculous dreams that involve free reign to do whatever I want....but I always wake up and become disappointed that it only lasted ten seconds. WHY!?!?!?!:( Also, I voted yes in the poll of lucid dreams, woohoo 3 to 2!

yeah, I've had tons of ridiculous dreams that involve free reign to do whatever I want....but I always wake up and become disappointed that it only lasted ten seconds. WHY!?!?!?!:( Also, I voted yes in the poll of lucid dreams, woohoo 3 to 2!
It seems like you get too excited or something and wake yourself up :O You too should browse the Dreamviews forums, there's an answer to everything in there.

2am, i'm sleepy as hell... a great moment to try that wild-dild-whatever dream :3
just make sure you have slept at least 6 hours before trying any of those Wake-initiated lucid dreams, you must have hit REM when waking up (or wake up right before hitting REM sleep) as that's when we dream the most vividly

I slept for good 10 hours... and i got a normal dream that i forgot right after waking up :eek: I didnt even manage to save it (yes, i'm saving all the dreams in my cellphone, as keywords - this way nobody other than me can understand them and its enough for me to remind what was going on in 'em) I was doing it for a good year already, maybe thats why i have lucid dreams :p

Back