• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Money system in new worlds?

That is a nice design for the bank. How would someone deposit money into the bank? Aside from the levers acting as a lock for the doors downstairs, how else would you keep the money safe from theft? I saw you made the rooms lined with obsidian, which takes forever to dig through, clever.

To make the whole thing automated would require a mod. Given that each player would have their own account, deposits and withdrawals would be extremely difficult to automate with minecarts and redstone, and very very insecure, even with a 20 lever combination. So without a server side mod that can turn a chest into a virtual ATM, players would be required to man the bank. I'm going to start working on such a mod soon. Shouldn't be too hard.

They have written a mod for it, just check the Buxville.net Minecraft server. Or go here- http://forum.hey0.net/showthread.php?tid=354

And I'm pretty sure you can name the money, so MineCoins arent the only currency.

It looks like iConomy isn't going to provide the functionality I'm looking for. One feature I'd like to add is a type of universal chest; imagine you have a chest at the bank, when the user opens it, it shows him the inventory of his chest down in the vault, each user would only see the inventory of their particular vault chest when they access this one universal chest.

I don't think anyone should bother programming anything until Woot tells us if we are still using the diamond monetary system.

Back