My Basement is Quarantined.

Noble

I went downstairs just now to get my laptop and... I saw them. Three house centipedes on the curtain all atleast 5 inches long. They are my mortal enemy... I do not sleep until they are dead... But they are also my greatest fear.

I won't post a link to the wikipedia page for the house centipede because it's nasty and tainted. I need some advice... How do I slay them... I have smacked one with a broom... It hit the wall and just ran away. I've trapped one under a glass but it somehow ripped a few of it's own legs off and escaped.

I have set an official quarantine of my basement. Tomorrow morning I'm gearing up for some slaying.

May Notch watch over me.

I went downstairs just now to get my laptop and... I saw them. Three house centipedes on the curtain all atleast 5 inches long. They are my mortal enemy... I do not sleep until they are dead... But they are also my greatest fear.

I won't post a link to the wikipedia page for the house centipede because it's nasty and tainted. I need some advice... How do I slay them... I have smacked one with a broom... It hit the wall and just ran away. I've trapped one under a glass but it somehow ripped a few ofnit's own legs off and escaped.

I have set an official quarantine of my basement. Tomorrow morning I'm gearing up for some slaying.

May Notch watch over me.
Just be glad you didn't find it in your tiny ass room like I did, and have it try to hide under your bed and dresser and you need to go look for it.

Holy fucking squick. I try to respect nature and all that 'we are connected' stuff, by centipedes are creepy as all fuck.
I'm not sure how to kill a centipede. Maybe you could make little centipede traps.

Are you sure it's a centipede and not a millipede? There's a big difference in the severity of your situation.

Also, my advice is to destroy the control segment (usually the head, but idk about centipedes.) If you cut a worm in half, it will continue going unless you destroy it's control segment, which is, as previously posted, usually the head.

Please note that this is merely a hypothesis, and may not be effective in your case.

Are you sure it's a centipede and not a millipede? There's a big difference in the severity of your situation.

It's a House Centipede. Google it... They are behemmoth... With awesome speed and nasty ass fur and... They are nasty and gross.

It's a House Centipede. Google it... They are behemmoth... With awesome speed and nasty ass fur and... They are nasty and gross.
Ahh. that's some serious business. Centipedes are poisonous for the most part. they are also carnivorous (thanks biology!)

I posted my advice in a previous post.

My god... These centipedes... Are... Unkillable... They move too fast for me to land a header on them.

I won't post a link to the wikipedia page for the house centipede because it's nasty and tainted. I need some advice... How do I slay them... I have smacked one with a broom... It hit the wall and just ran away. I've trapped one under a glass but it somehow ripped a few ofnit's own legs off and escaped.

May Notch watch over me.

I seriously LOL'd

Get someone to kill them?

Or...

Train rigorously until you achieve a high enough level to challenge them. You may need weapons, or just a shoe. Good luck.

But seriously, the first one is what I would do.

Alright man, I just got done laughing... Here is what you need to do. Put gasoline in a squirt bottle. Make sure there is nothing that is going to ignite a flame nearby (candles, fireplace etc..) and spray them once with the squirt bottle. It will kill them almost instantly. This is what I use on wasps and they literally drop off of the nest dead within seconds. It is a little more complicated for you since you are indoors. Good luck.

I've got an idea. Invite one of the half of the centipedes to dinner. During dinner tell them that the other group of centipedes has been talking bad about them, and that they are weak and worthless. Then go to the other group of centepedes and tell them the same thing. Then supply both sides with tiny weaponry an let 'em fight it out in an epic civil war.... then I guess you could burn the survivors.

Alright man, I just got done laughing... Here is what you need to do. Put gasoline in a squirt bottle. Make sure there is nothing that is going to ignite a flame nearby (candles, fireplace etc..) and spray them once with the squirt bottle. It will kill them almost instantly. This is what I use on wasps and they literally drop off of the nest dead within seconds. It is a little more complicated for you since you are indoors. Good luck.
That's basically half the Vorsprung method of sorting out shit.

I just realized there are a lot of horrible politically incorrect jokes I could make about committing centipede genocide. Horrible horrible jokes, that would be insulting to my ancestors.

Back