• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

New contest?

Maybe something like 'A Picture of you, doing something you have never done before.'

we did not need to know that...
:trollface:

Nah, I wouldn't do that. I would jump out of a window. That surly would be my first time.. And of course also my last. (well, depends on the height of the window, but I won't do it under 100m ;) )

How about instead of a lottery, everyone chooses a game and makes a review on it. The top three most creative AND informative reviews get the prize. What do you think Wooty? Everyone else?

How about instead of a lottery, everyone chooses a game and makes a review on it. The top three most creative AND informative reviews get the prize. What do you think Wooty? Everyone else?
Again, apeals onlymto a very slim audience.

So we get the game we review randomly? Like in a lottery? Problem: I have no money to buy any games -> I can't review them.

Again, apeals onlymto a very slim audience.
How wide the audience has to be? Should it be related to Team9000 completely or tangentially?
Depending on the audience and on the amount of people you want to attract, the conditions to enter need to be simpler, or interesting enough in a general way.

Everyone has a camera, how about we make a contest where everyone photographs a random thing of their choice, while showing off some kind of sign with their hand (just so we know they didn't take that pic off the internet.)

If we really want to promote a certain aspect of our community, we should relate the activity involved to it.

Everyone has a camera, how about we make a contest where everyone photographs a random thing of their choice, while showing off some kind of sign with their hand (just so we know they didn't take that pic off the internet.)
Good Idea, but too easy to fake. I take a picture of something, google 'Hand', edit the picture a bit with Photoshop and finished. I wouldn't say anything with photos, because they are too easy to fake.

Good Idea, but too easy to fake. I take a picture of something, google 'Hand', edit the picture a bit with Photoshop and finished. I wouldn't say anything with photos, because they are too easy to fake.
I was saying one certain type of hand-sign.

I still think my idea of the "recreate the team9000 logo in any way" would appeal to alot of people....

I still think my idea of the "recreate the team9000 logo in any way" would appeal to alot of people....
Most people dont have the capability or the creativity to use a graphical program good enough to deliver something of significant apeal.

Most people dont have the capability or the creativity to use a graphical program good enough to deliver something of significant apeal.
Did I say you had to dray?
You could make it out of pencils or chips in your house.
Mostly everyone here plays minecraft so mostly everyone here has a creative mind.
So I dont see why someone cant take there coke cans or clothes or use paint or photoshop.
They have a wide variety of stuff to do. You are only limited to what your making. Which you could be very creative with.
Also Wooty could choose the one that appeals to him most. Then the one that one could be edited a bit by casham and then it would be the logo on the website. With the persons name in the corner or something.
If you see any flaws with my logic/suggestion please point them out. =P

I dont really like his idea, but you're wrong here too: He considers ALL means of recreating it, even if it's toilet paper.

When I say review I mean that each person chooses a game of his or her choice, that way it can be a game you already have. Who ever makes the most creative review has the chance to win an xbox 360 and if woot its up for it get their review on the front page of the website. Runner ups get the choice of a 60 or 30 dollar game, depending on either first out second place. The reviews can be in any format and will be rated on creativity. this way anyone can participate. You can be creative in writing, drawing, or video editing. Or all of them. The idea is to get people active and contributing to team9000 in places other than minecraft and give us a chance to find a new game we can play. What do you guys think about that. I want something that takes a little more effort than just snapping a picture but still offerable to everyone. The prizes are bigger so the requirements should be a little bigger.

P.S. Minecraft will be the only game not allowed to be reviewed.

When I say review I mean that each person chooses a game of his or her choice, that way it can be a game you already have. Who ever makes the most creative review has the chance to win an xbox 360 and if woot its up for it get their review on the front page of the website. Runner ups get the choice of a 60 or 30 dollar game, depending on either first out second place. The reviews can be in any format and will be rated on creativity. this way anyone can participate. You can be creative in writing, drawing, or video editing. Or all of them. The idea is to get people active and contributing to team9000 in places other than minecraft and give us a chance to find a new game we can play. What do you guys think about that. I want something that takes a little more effort than just snapping a picture but still offerable to everyone. The prizes are bigger so the requirements should be a little bigger.

P.S. Minecraft will be the only game not allowed to be reviewed.
Hmmmmm.....
+3

Back