No More Twinkies...

I don't even eat that shit Im allergic to Wheat,Eggs,And Peanuts Fuck my life I Hate Twinkies I could care less about the world loosing all Capri-Suns then this correction
My comment about the whining was for Hallu, actually. I'm allergic to wheat as well. My post wasn't actually to you at all, it was to him, showing him he didn't have to be a dick.

did you guys hear? hostess got some other company to help and now there not closing, because they decided that to many jobs would be lost if they closed, the twinkies are saved

did you guys hear? hostess got some other company to help and now there not closing, because they decided that to many jobs would be lost if they closed, the twinkies are saved

Twinkies won't ever be gone. Either another company will buy the brand, or this is really just a big scheme to scare the workers on strike (in which case they'll exit bankruptcy and re-open).

called it.

regardless, you could always just ask me to bootleg them for you. Canada's brand owners weren't going under.

Sort of. Hostess CEOs and union workers are meeting one last time for court-ordered mediation. The judge in the case feels that ever effort has not been made to try to reach and agreement, and so they two groups are meeting one last time today. Unless an agreement can be made, the company will file a motion with the court again to liquidate their assets on Wednesday. There is a company called Sun Capital Partners that would be interested in buying the Hostess brand and re-opening the factories and re-hiring the workers, but that can't happen unless Hostess can liquidate.

One thing to take into consideration here is that about 18k jobs are at stake with this company going under. Sun Capital Partners looks like they may swoop in and save the jobs for now, but they're not buying Hostess just to keep the same business model as before, and there will be revisions and cuts made once they start digging around. They're in it for the profit, not to save jobs.

I'm going to point something out. Everyone seems to be hating on the union for this - but the union is trying to avoid a major wage cut, get the pension fund back that company execs "borrowed" and then decided to not give back, and a whole list of other fucked-up things Hostess is trying to pull.

All while the Hostess execs increased their own salaries by up to 300% (the CEO now makes $2.55M/year).

So don't hate the unions. They're just working stiffs like anyone else.

And before you ask, yes, I'm part of that union, even though I haven't worked in the industry in four years.

I'm going to point something out. Everyone seems to be hating on the union for this - but the union is trying to avoid a major wage cut, get the pension fund back that company execs "borrowed" and then decided to not give back, and a whole list of other fucked-up things Hostess is trying to pull.

All while the Hostess execs increased their own salaries by up to 300% (the CEO now makes $2.55M/year).

So don't hate the unions. They're just working stiffs like anyone else.

And before you ask, yes, I'm part of that union, even though I haven't worked in the industry in four years.

By everyone, you don't mean people on here, right? Because, I don't see any posts that are placing blame on the unions in this thread.

By everyone, you don't mean people on here, right? Because, I don't see any posts that are placing blame on the unions in this thread.
Oh, no. Of course not. I just want to clarify that just because a company says this:
Hostess said:
We are sorry to announce that Hostess Brands, Inc. has been forced by a Bakers Union strike to shut down all operations and sell all company assets.
doesn't mean that it's the truth.

twinkies.jpg

Why the hell does jollyjack show up all the time, of all the "popular DA artists"? I've seen him mentioned in every other thread.

Back