Official Pokémon Thread

Ok, so as far as I can tell, once they are decided, they could (if they wanted to) trade battle tips between one another and figure out better strategies that they alone wouldn't have thought of.

If I am misled, please correct.
You are correct. However, it is a known courtesy among trainers that while advice is always a nice gesture, informing someone of how to best beat an upcoming opponent is seen as distasteful and unsportsmanlike.

You are correct. However, it is a known courtesy among trainers that while advice is always a nice gesture, informing someone of how to best beat an upcoming opponent is seen as distasteful and unsportsmanlike.
Which is why I stated in my edit that there would be no allowing of a challenger to know ahead of time what the teams would be comprised of.
It would be done through PMs between the leaders if they chose to converse.

I have leaked one of my Pokemans to the public, that will be my only hint to them. As for what moves, buffs, etc... and the rest of my roster, they will have to find out the hard way.

What is the logic behind banning all legendaries? Attempting to reduce the fun of this?
Logic being this:

The Legendaries are called that for a reason. Their stats are much higher than most other pokemon, which is why they're so powerful. To make things fair, they are banned, and anyone caught using them will be disqualified and/or have their rank removed. Besides, the idea of a challenge is for it to actually be challenging. :/ If you could steamroll through everything like it wasn't anything, where would the fun be in that, aside from 5 minutes of smug self-satisfaction?

EDIT: Also, for now, I'm going with Bug type. I love Ghost to death, but Bug-type don't get enough love, so.

No. Every move is allowed. Yes, even accuracy lowering/evasion raising moves. The only restriction thus far is no Legendaries, at all. Held items are allowed, and moves to exchange them are as well. One-hit KO moves are also allowed.

List of Banned Pokemon so people know what counts as a Legendary: (FORMS COUNT AS WELL)
  • Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Mewtwo
    Mew
    Suicune
    Raikou
    Entei
    Celebi
    Ho-Oh
    Lugia
    Regirock
    Regice
    Registeel
    Groudon
    Kyogre
    Rayquaza
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Latios
    Latias
    Mespirt
    Azelf
    Uxie
    Palkia
    Dialga
    Giratina
    Regigigas
    Heatran
    Cresselia
    Darkrai
    Phione
    Manaphy
    Shaymin
    Arceus
    Victini
    Cobalion
    Terrakion
    Verizion
    Tornadus
    Thundurus
    Landorous
    Zekrom
    Reshiram
    Kyurem
    Keldeo
    Genesect
    Meloetta
I see no Rotom there, so I assume it is available?
GO Super Morphin Rotom Rangers!

Twp things:
One being, if ur pokemon is (for example) a fighting type. Does he need 100% atleast 1 fighting move?
Second, I have my fighting type team setup! Bur before I make any hasty desicions, my team mostlikely be changed :3
Chiba if u need my current list just pm me :
Mainly I am going on the fourms and researching (I get spell check on my 3DS ;) ) some other AWESOME pokemon. But for now my team is perfect. :O one last thing! Are starters allowed? I ask of this because I usally use my starter, and he has grown to 1 hit ko iris (beat her for a 2nd time tonigh ^.^) and litterly rape her. :I

Twp things:
One being, if ur pokemon is (for example) a fighting type. Does he need 100% atleast 1 fighting move?
Second, I have my fighting type team setup! Bur before I make any hasty desicions, my team mostlikely be changed :3
Mainly I am going on the fourms and researching (I get spell check on my 3DS ;) ) some other AWESOME pokemon. But for now my team is perfect. :O one last thing! Are starters allowed? I ask of this because I usally use my starter, and he has grown to 1 hit ko iris (beat her for a 2nd time tonigh ^.^) and litterly rape her. :I
I'm beginning to wonder if people only skim over my posts and don't actually read them

1. As long as they are all part of the same type, it doesn't matter what moves they have.
2. Nothing is set in stone yet. You send it to me, I will ignore it.
3. If only legendaries are banned, why in the hell wouldn't starters be allowed?

-_- Please people, I understand the curiosity, but most of the questions I'm getting asked now I've answered already, or can be answered by thinking a bit. Please, no more questions involving "is <pokemon> allowed?" I've already stated all of the banned pokemon. No more will be added to that list. That is it. Also, your pokemon can have whatever moves you wish, I don't care, as I've already stated in a previous post.

I see no Rotom there, so I assume it is available?
GO Super Morphin Rotom Rangers!
Twp things:

I think chiba made it pretty clear that the only banned pokemon are the legendaries, which he listed. ALL other pokemon are fine. They may be rare, but unless they're on chiba's list they are not legendary. His list is the correct list, and there are no legendaries missing from it. All other pokemon not listed are allowed.

I think chiba made it pretty clear that the only banned pokemon are the legendaries, which he listed. ALL other pokemon are fine. They may be rare, but unless they're on chiba's list they are not legendary. His list is the correct list, and there are no legendaries missing from it. All other pokemon not listed are allowed.
Tempted to make multiple accounts to like this over and over again.

Logic being this:

The Legendaries are called that for a reason. Their stats are much higher than most other pokemon, which is why they're so powerful. To make things fair, they are banned, and anyone caught using them will be disqualified and/or have their rank removed. Besides, the idea of a challenge is for it to actually be challenging. :/ If you could steamroll through everything like it wasn't anything, where would the fun be in that, aside from 5 minutes of smug self-satisfaction?

EDIT: Also, for now, I'm going with Bug type. I love Ghost to death, but Bug-type don't get enough love, so.
OK, while we're at it why dont we limit the battles to only use level 36, rare candied or caught in the wild bidoofs. No EV training allowed, as it can unfairly raise a Pokémon's stats and allow it to steam roll through the enemy team of Bidoofs.

Alright. I haven't played pokemon since platinum but I just picked up Black 2 last month. I have barely touched it so I'll need to play through the game and get my team set up but this seems like a fun event/tourney. Hopefully more people sign up.

OK, while we're at it why dont we limit the battles to only use level 36, rare candied or caught in the wild bidoofs. No EV training allowed, as it can unfairly raise a Pokémon's stats and allow it to steam roll through the enemy team of Bidoofs.
Quit being a douche, Crane.

Seriously though. An all out ban doesn't make any sense. I could see limiting them (one per team) but a sweeping ban all together is basically forcing us to put a ream of Bidoofs together. If your ban stays in place I will not be participating.

Seriously though. An all out ban doesn't make any sense. I could see limiting them (one per team) but a sweeping ban all together is basically forcing us to put a ream of Bidoofs together. If your ban stays in place I will not be participating.
I will consider it. No promises, however.

There are plenty of viable non-legendaries. If you were looking for legendary power, make a Ground team with 3 Garchomps and 3 Excadrills, then abuse sandstorm.

Pros: Excellent balance of power and speed. Neither of these pokemon share a weakness. You can cover almost any type offensively.
Cons: I will permanently hate your very existence. (Many others will, too.)

So... Anyone wanna help me complete my Unova Pokedex?

Only 7 pokemon left until its done.

Need to encounter:
001 Snivy
003 Serperior
080 Buneary
082 Cottonee
083 Whimsicott
111 Vullaby
222 Gliscor (Been searching for this bastard for a few days in the wild without any result...)
245 Walrein

I have White 2 and can't obtain half of these.

EDIT: 3 minutes after posting, my hunt for a Gliscor finally comes to a close. I need 7 more encounters to complete it now.

uhh pixie can u hhelp me evolve my pokemon imto gurrderr? I need him for my ffighting team ans I have no friends :I

So... Anyone wanna help me complete my Unova Pokedex?

Only 7 pokemon left until its done.

Need to encounter:
001 Snivy
003 Serperior
080 Buneary
082 Cottonee
083 Whimsicott
111 Vullaby
222 Gliscor (Been searching for this bastard for a few days in the wild without any result...)
245 Walrein

I have White 2 and can't obtain half of these.

EDIT: 3 minutes after posting, my hunt for a Gliscor finally comes to a close. I need 7 more encounters to complete it now.
also if u go to bulbapedia, and search the pokemon u need, it will give u the breeding "recipe".

Back