Official Pokémon Thread

If anyone is looking to trade pokemon, I plan on collecting them all over time, so let me know and I will see if I can get you what you want.
I'd like to extend on that to say I already have all the pokemon (not counting dreamworld abilities) so if anyone needs any pokemon, I'm willing to trade any if you need them.
EDIT: I have a literally infinite supply of gen 1,2 and 3 legendaries, so if you need one, hit me up. (Does not include event pokemon, except jirachi. ;) )

So is there a fighting type gym leader yet? because i wonna be fighting type ^.^ also is this over the internet? or like a lan type deal. Also is it gonna be black white 2?

RARE POKEMON ALERT:

If you own the English-language version of Pokemon Black2 or White2, you will have a chance to get a Deoxys via a Wifi event starting May 8-31. The Deoxys will be level 100, and ties in with the release of some new Pokemon TGC pack or something.

*used to play in the past*

*stopped for years*

*obtained a DS Lite and White 2, and SoulSilver*

*has gained interest in this*

I will call either Dragon or Flying, whichever you would want me to have out of those 2.

*Has found a nice way to powerlevel lower lvl pkmn by using my Legendary's massive power*
*Can make good army of non-legendaries pretty quickly*

OKAY TO ANSWER QUESTIONS:

Q. Is this still a thing?
A. Yes.

Q. What games are these going to be based around?

A. Black/White/Black2/White2, followed by X/Y when it comes out.

Q. Can I use legendaries?
A. Absolutely not.

Q. Can I call a type now?
A. Kinda. You can go ahead and do so, but this doesn't mean you'll get it. If someone else wants that type, they can battle you for it, winner getting the type.

Q. Single-type teams? So, like, Venusaur can't be used?
A. Single-type refers to all pokemon sharing one type, regardless of if they have another type or not. For example, a Normal type team can have Blissey (Normal), Noctowl (Normal/Flying), and Giraffarig (Normal/Psychic) because they all are Normal type.

Q. 17 people needed, but only 12 spots available? What gives?
A. 17 current pokemon types. 5 people will be bunked from the roster, the 6th person taking the spot as the 1st gym leader.

Q. Are tiers a thing in this?
A. As with legendaries, absolutely not. Tiers are metagame bullcrap. Pokemon is a game about strategy, skill, and a little luck. A Pokemon in the highest tier doesn't make it better.

Q. How will we be able to tell if someone won or not?
A. When the gym leaders/Elite 4 have all been decided, I will start a private conversation with them. They are then to report to me when someone has beat them, and to let the next person know. If I catch you lying, you will be stripped of your rank. No exceptions.

Q. Is this an online thing?
A. Yes. Using the DS's rather nice online capabilities, it is completely possible to host all of this online, provided everyone has a wireless connection somewhere.

Q. What do the winners get?
A. That will remain a secret for now. Just know that you will receive a certificate stating that you've beaten the T9k Pokemon League, along with a special prize from me, and possibly Casey. This means you will receive these prizes (From me anyway) in the mail, and they will be shipped free of charge to you. Yes, even you upside-down weirdos in Aussie-Land.

Q. Hey! <Insertnamehere> rechallenged me, and I lost, and they revoked my badge! WTF!?
A. Gym Leaders have the ability to rechallenge you 3 times after you've beaten them, no matter where you are on the ladder. If they win, your badge is revoked, and in order to progress, you must beat them again. If a Gym Leader is beaten again aster revoking the badge, they can no longer rechallenge you.

Q. Can I change up my party midway through? :D
A. No. Once you start, you stay with that party until the end. When you start, you will register your party with me, so I can keep tabs on what pokemon you are using. Feel free, however, to switch up their moves.

Q. What if I'm a gym leader/Elite 4?
A. Yes, you can switch pokemon around in your party, as long as you obey the Single-type clause.

If anyone has anymore questions, ask away.

OKAY TO ANSWER QUESTIONS:

Q. Is this still a thing?
A. Yes.

Q. What games are these going to be based around?

A. Black/White/Black2/White2, followed by X/Y when it comes out.

Q. Can I use legendaries?
A. Absolutely not.

Q. Can I call a type now?
A. Kinda. You can go ahead and do so, but this doesn't mean you'll get it. If someone else wants that type, they can battle you for it, winner getting the type.

Q. Single-type teams? So, like, Venusaur can't be used?
A. Single-type refers to all pokemon sharing one type, regardless of if they have another type or not. For example, a Normal type team can have Blissey (Normal), Noctowl (Normal/Flying), and Giraffarig (Normal/Psychic) because they all are Normal type.

Q. 17 people needed, but only 12 spots available? What gives?
A. 17 current pokemon types. 5 people will be bunked from the roster, the 6th person taking the spot as the 1st gym leader.

Q. Are tiers a thing in this?
A. As with legendaries, absolutely not. Tiers are metagame bullcrap. Pokemon is a game about strategy, skill, and a little luck. A Pokemon in the highest tier doesn't make it better.

Q. How will we be able to tell if someone won or not?
A. When the gym leaders/Elite 4 have all been decided, I will start a private conversation with them. They are then to report to me when someone has beat them, and to let the next person know. If I catch you lying, you will be stripped of your rank. No exceptions.

Q. Is this an online thing?
A. Yes. Using the DS's rather nice online capabilities, it is completely possible to host all of this online, provided everyone has a wireless connection somewhere.

Q. What do the winners get?
A. That will remain a secret for now. Just know that you will receive a certificate stating that you've beaten the T9k Pokemon League, along with a special prize from me, and possibly Casey. This means you will receive these prizes (From me anyway) in the mail, and they will be shipped free of charge to you. Yes, even you upside-down weirdos in Aussie-Land.

Q. Hey! <Insertnamehere> rechallenged me, and I lost, and they revoked my badge! WTF!?
A. Gym Leaders have the ability to rechallenge you 3 times after you've beaten them, no matter where you are on the ladder. If they win, your badge is revoked, and in order to progress, you must beat them again. If a Gym Leader is beaten again aster revoking the badge, they can no longer rechallenge you.

Q. Can I change up my party midway through? :D
A. No. Once you start, you stay with that party until the end. When you start, you will register your party with me, so I can keep tabs on what pokemon you are using. Feel free, however, to switch up their moves.

Q. What if I'm a gym leader/Elite 4?
A. Yes, you can switch pokemon around in your party, as long as you obey the Single-type clause.

If anyone has anymore questions, ask away.
Will "baton passing" be allowed or will it be banned from this?

Interesting, I might have to start trying competitive battling again. I have Black/Black 2, my battle teams are on Black.

Quick question, when you said absolutely no legendaries, are the ones that are allowed normally allowed (namely the legendary trios)?

Also, I'd be fire if it isn't already taken, or if I had enough time.
(it hasn't been taken yet, has it?)

So yeah in light of calling types I would like to be dark. I'll be the first dark type gym leader. Dark is the only type to not have a gym leader in the game. Also if anyone can get me a sableye with the ability prankster then that would be dandy.

Slate me up to being Flying type. Someone else can run for Dragon leader...

I have a good team set up and I'm in the process of leveling them.
My team is quite diverse and its going to be hard to find a solid weakness in my team as I will have almost all types covered. ;) (Chiba caught a glimpse of my roster and can confirm its a fair team)

Interesting, I might have to start trying competitive battling again. I have Black/Black 2, my battle teams are on Black.

Quick question, when you said absolutely no legendaries, are the ones that are allowed normally allowed (namely the legendary trios)?

Also, I'd be fire if it isn't already taken, or if I had enough time.
(it hasn't been taken yet, has it?)
No legendaries, period. None, nadda, nothing. Teams with legendaries will be asked to change them or be removed from the roster/challenge. Yes, this goes for any challengers, too.

Also:

So yeah in light of calling types I would like to be dark. I'll be the first dark type gym leader. Dark is the only type to not have a gym leader in the game. Also if anyone can get me a sableye with the ability prankster then that would be dandy.
Slate me up to being Flying type. Someone else can run for Dragon leader...

I have a good team set up and I'm in the process of leveling them.
My team is quite diverse and its going to be hard to find a solid weakness in my team as I will have almost all types covered. ;) (Chiba caught a glimpse of my roster and can confirm its a fair team)
I can be ground type!
Remember, you will have to battle other people should they want the type. They are not set in stone yet. However, once the tournament starts, the types and those representing them are set in stone.

No legendaries, period. None, nadda, nothing. Teams with legendaries will be asked to change them or be removed from the roster/challenge. Yes, this goes for any challengers, too.

Also:

Remember, you will have to battle other people should they want the type. They are not set in stone yet. However, once the tournament starts, the types and those representing them are set in stone.
I fully understand that, and am fully prepared to defend it if needed.

Chiba! you forgot about me! I wonna do fighting or legendary type (trololollolololool). mainly fighting. BTW if i am a gym leader, and I loose. Do I give up my spot?
No.

Hm.... I'm wondering if I should disqualify myself from entering. :/ Considering, I'm going to be managing this whole shinding and keeping tabs on the challenger's pokemon. I'd love to participate with a ghost type team, but I feel I might have an unfair advantage....

No.

Hm.... I'm wondering if I should disqualify myself from entering. :/ Considering, I'm going to be managing this whole shinding and keeping tabs on the challenger's pokemon. I'd love to participate with a ghost type team, but I feel I might have an unfair advantage....
I fail to see how you can gain an advantage if you become a leader/E4... You will have a set team no matter what once you choose your best setup so its the challenger that would be at an advantage if they were in your position, not a leader. Unless of course, you are planning on being a challenger....

Back