Official Pokémon Thread

Was playing Pokemon Colosseum on emulator. Got a chuckle out of this. Then I felt bad.
0Q4AZT1.jpg

No.

Hm.... I'm wondering if I should disqualify myself from entering. :/ Considering, I'm going to be managing this whole shinding and keeping tabs on the challenger's pokemon. I'd love to participate with a ghost type team, but I feel I might have an unfair advantage....
no? What is it that i can't enter? Or the question i made at the end? :U confused like always :eek:

Just going to say this now: While I am going to partcipate in said tournament, because I really wanna, I'm also willing to help people out with building their teams, be they planning to challenge or planning on trying to be a gym leader. It's an old hobby of mine to design gimmicky teams, so yeah.

Which brings me to something else. The option to challenge other gimmick teams are going to be available through me should you so desire. Mostly as training to get yourself in the mindset for the challenge, I plan on making several odd teams just because. Beating them will grant you nothing (As of yet) but it's a fun thing we can do. :3

OH, one more thing. You can, in fact, make your gym a double battle/triple battle/rotation battle gym if you so wish. While I'd like everyone to keep it to single battles for the tournament, once you have your place, feel free to change up your team to better suit those kinds of battles, if you so wish. <3

Are there any banned moves etc? I might consider trying this but its all kind of vague on rules and requirements.
No. Every move is allowed. Yes, even accuracy lowering/evasion raising moves. The only restriction thus far is no Legendaries, at all. Held items are allowed, and moves to exchange them are as well. One-hit KO moves are also allowed.

List of Banned Pokemon so people know what counts as a Legendary: (FORMS COUNT AS WELL)
  • Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Mewtwo
    Mew
    Suicune
    Raikou
    Entei
    Celebi
    Ho-Oh
    Lugia
    Regirock
    Regice
    Registeel
    Groudon
    Kyogre
    Rayquaza
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Latios
    Latias
    Mespirt
    Azelf
    Uxie
    Palkia
    Dialga
    Giratina
    Regigigas
    Heatran
    Cresselia
    Darkrai
    Phione
    Manaphy
    Shaymin
    Arceus
    Victini
    Cobalion
    Terrakion
    Verizion
    Tornadus
    Thundurus
    Landorous
    Zekrom
    Reshiram
    Kyurem
    Keldeo
    Genesect
    Meloetta

No. Every move is allowed. Yes, even accuracy lowering/evasion raising moves. The only restriction thus far is no Legendaries, at all. Held items are allowed, and moves to exchange them are as well. One-hit KO moves are also allowed.

List of Banned Pokemon so people know what counts as a Legendary: (FORMS COUNT AS WELL)
  • Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Mewtwo
    Mew
    Suicune
    Raikou
    Entei
    Celebi
    Ho-Oh
    Lugia
    Regirock
    Regice
    Registeel
    Groudon
    Kyogre
    Rayquaza
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Latios
    Latias
    Mespirt
    Azelf
    Uxie
    Palkia
    Dialga
    Giratina
    Regigigas
    Heatran
    Cresselia
    Darkrai
    Phione
    Manaphy
    Shaymin
    Arceus
    Victini
    Cobalion
    Terrakion
    Verizion
    Tornadus
    Thundurus
    Landorous
    Zekrom
    Reshiram
    Kyurem
    Keldeo
    Genesect
    Meloetta
I saw no lucario. I has happiez.

• Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Mewtwo
    Mew
    Suicune
    Raikou
    Entei
    Celebi
    Ho-Oh
    Lugia
    Regirock
    Regice
    Registeel
    Groudon
    Kyogre
    Rayquaza
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Latios
    Latias
    Mespirt
    Azelf
    Uxie
    Palkia
    Dialga
    Giratina
    Regigigas
    Heatran
    Cresselia
    Darkrai
    Phione
    Manaphy
    Shaymin
    Arceus
    Victini
    Cobalion
    Terrakion
    Verizion
    Tornadus
    Thundurus
    Landorous
    Zekrom
    Reshiram
    Kyurem
    Keldeo
    Genesect
    Meloetta
Please tell me no item using... *crosses fingers*

According to what Chiba told me yesterday, the game itself will physically block the option to open your bag in a fight. No items can be used.

Like a Dragonite :whistle:
Thee are you planning to use a Dragonite or Salamence? Or maybe both?

Will gym leaders/E4 members be pitted against eachother at any point in time after they are decided?

Will gym leaders/E4 members be pitted against eachother at any point in time?
Yes. I plan to have regular tournaments involving the 12 members to keep them on the top of their game. However, outside skirmishes are allowed. Battles for ranks, however, will have to be run by me first.

Yes. I plan to have regular tournaments involving the 12 members to keep them on the top of their game. However, outside skirmishes are allowed. Battles for ranks, however, will have to be run by me first.
Ok, so as far as I can tell, once they are decided, they could (if they wanted to) trade battle tips between one another and figure out better strategies that they alone wouldn't have thought of.

As long as the challengers do not get wind of the leader's team beforehand, other leaders would be fine to know what eachother have.

If I am misled, please correct.

Back