OUYA going to give Microsoft and Sony a run for their money

If it's designed for indie developers, why force them to stick with Java? We have to leave it sooner or later.
And why are the specs not even on current gen level? Indie developers can't make good looking games, is that it?
And GreenEarth, while I agree with most of your views I don't agree with your views on piracy. Bedides, didn't they say you had to make free demos of the game before you were allowed to sell it on OUYA?

If it's designed for indie developers, why force them to stick with Java? We have to leave it sooner or later.
And why are the specs not even on current gen level? Indie developers can't make good looking games, is that it?
And GreenEarth, while I agree with most of your views I don't agree with your views on piracy. Bedides, didn't they say you had to make free demos of the game before you were allowed to sell it on OUYA?
It's a low-end console for 100 dollars, how much power can we expect from a price like that. Their main idea is affordability and access to gaming for lower income people.

It's a $100 console. Has a nice looking controller. Runs Android. Allows you to try all games. Open Source. Cheaper than any device running android.

How. Do. You. Say. No?

Seems like the PC already has everything OUYA will have, but OUYA will have a controller. Besides, a PC can download any game for free anyways.
If you need a gamepad you can buy one for PC, or if you like me already have an xbox you can do like I did and buy one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000HZFCT2
Voila! You now have the ultimate gaming console.

A gaming computer isn't $99! OUYA is $99.

It also allows ANYONE to develop games on it.

Microsoft charges over $10,000 to certify a game on XBLA.

It's customizable, so lots of homebrew will arise from this.

A PC can download any game for free? Find me a demo on Steam for Deus Ex, or Borderlands, or Crysis 2. ALL games on OUYA must have some sort of trial or demo. It's a pre-requisite to get your game published. Thus no buyer remorse.

I don't understand why is there so much hate.

Once again, 99 FUCKING GODDAM AMERICAN DOLLARS! CHEAPER THAN ANYTHING, BRAND NEW, RETAIL DEVICE THAT PLAYS GAMES!

There's also the problem that it's phone hardware, meaning it will be outpreformed by the next model substantially enough to make it obsolete really fast. It then loses what many consoles maintain for long periods, the fact that they don't go ridiculously obsolete in a year.

There's also the problem that it's phone hardware, meaning it will be outpreformed by the next model substantially enough to make it obsolete really fast. It then loses what many consoles maintain for long periods, the fact that they don't go ridiculously obsolete in a year.
-_-

Why is everyone stuck on the phone thing? The OUYA is not a phone, nor is it made from phone hardware; it happens to be using the Android OS because Android is Open-Source. It is a console, made from console hardware. Become informed please.

-_-

Why is everyone stuck on the phone thing? The OUYA is not a phone, nor is it made from phone hardware; it happens to be using the Android OS because Android is Open-Source. It is a console, made from console hardware. Become informed please.
It seems using an ARM based processor (tegra I believe). What uses arm but tablets and phones?

That said, it's probably faster than an xbox and a ps3. We have come a long way with processors since they came out.

It seems using an ARM based processor (tegra I believe). What uses arm but tablets and phones?

That said, it's probably faster than an xbox and a ps3. We have come a long way with processors since they came out.
Well, routers and hard drives use them too.

It might be. PC gamers with consoles are under the impression that their console hardware has to match their PC hardware when console hardware is always way behind in tech.

lVG6q.png

I find threads like this absolutely pointless when you could simply just pre-order this. Set for life.

Back