OUYA going to give Microsoft and Sony a run for their money

Only thing worth buying: Halo 4

Save your money, and buy something nice for yourself. :3
Sidenote on the topic of Halo: Halo 5 is already in development. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
This. I will buy this so fast. And if it's really going to be inexpensive like she said it would be, I can see where i'm going to find and guy all the indie games I love.
Send them $99 now and you've pre-ordered a console....and send them $225 and you get a personalized console, two personalized controllers, and a reserved username with a founder emblem permanently attached to it. Which is probably what I'll do.

-_-

Why is everyone stuck on the phone thing? The OUYA is not a phone, nor is it made from phone hardware; it happens to be using the Android OS because Android is Open-Source. It is a console, made from console hardware. Become informed please.
But it IS made on phone/tablet hardware. Where does it state that it's using technology other than the kind we find in modern phones?

But it IS made on phone/tablet hardware. Where does it state that it's using technology other than the kind we find in modern phones?
The Tegra 3 quad-core processor is used in tablet computers, in-vehicle entertainment systems, and laptops; whereas the previous models of Tegra are commonly found in phones. The difference is in the generations of the hardware.

I see nothing else that indicates phone hardware.

Where does it say that it IS using phone hardware?

The Tegra 3? It's not specific to phones. It may be specific to mobile devices, but not just phones. tablets, phones, in vehicle entertainment displays, digital instrument gauges, and more.

That's beside the point. This console was made to create a better hardware company/software developer relationship. It's too show the big dogs how you SHOULD treat your developers.

It's a breaking ground for game developers who don't have tens of thousands of dollars.

It's a piece of hardware which will be embraced by the Android community, hacked, and a plethora of wild, imaginative, possibilities will flourish from this device.

It'll be a great console for kids. It's cheaper and if it gets broken, it won't be such a big deal.

Opening it won't void it's warranty, so people will overclock it, make add-ons, juice it up.

I can go on and on.

Why there is so much dislike for this console? Tell me why? I demand a reason. You say phone hardware, but:
Tegra3 quad-core processor
1GB RAM
8GB of internal flash storage
HDMI connection to the TV, with support for up to 1080p HD
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth LE 4.0
USB 2.0 (one)
Wireless controller with standard controls (two analog sticks, d-pad, eight action buttons, a system button), a touchpad
Android 4.0
ETHERNET! (Announced by Muffi 7/18)

^ these stats on a phone either require a contract on a wireless service provider or fork up $500. You have $500? $99 sounds better to me. I also bet someone mods this to make phone calls :D.

Lastly, it has $5,318,507 out $950,000 pledged. It's a done deal.

I don't know why, but I think I just nerd-gasm'd.

Yes. I did a little too thinking about it.

It will have USB, so a USB Microphone + Skype will (should) be possible Day One. :D

The board seems easy to manage, also people are going to reverse engineer the software onto other devices like tablets and such.

XDA forums are going to buttrape this thing. That's what I'm excited about.

A PC can download any game for free? Find me a demo on Steam for Deus Ex, or Borderlands, or Crysis 2. ALL games on OUYA must have some sort of trial or demo. It's a pre-requisite to get your game published. Thus no buyer remorse.
I'm not talking about demos. 10 minutes of stripped gameplay isn't enough to base a judgement on, not for me atleast.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=crysis+2+free
This should put you on the right path. There's plenty of sites to download from, providing you don't have any moral issues with it.
Also, a good internet connection would be preferrable. Done! Enjoy your game, and don't forget to seed!
lVG6q.png

I find threads like this absolutely pointless when you could simply just pre-order this. Set for life.
B-but...you do know that there's going to be a Halo 5 & 6 too, right? Wouldn't want to play a fine '720 Halo 6 on an old '360, now would we? XD

I'm not talking about demos. 10 minutes of stripped gameplay isn't enough to base a judgement on, not for me atleast.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=crysis+2+free
This should put you on the right path. There's plenty of sites to download from, providing you don't have any moral issues with it.
Also, a good internet connection would be preferrable. Done! Enjoy your game, and don't forget to seed!

B-but...you do know that there's going to be a Halo 5 & 6 too, right? Wouldn't want to play a fine '720 Halo 6 on an old '360, now would we? XD

Privacy is another reason why this idea exists. It's also good to know you are an active pirate on a site that frowns upon pirating.

meh. can't win them all.

I'd more interested to see this as a nice Android Home Media System. Running Jellybean.
Well, there will always be the custom ROM. Remember, the whole thing is pretty much open source, free games, etc. It's probably going to have that.

Where does it say that it IS using phone hardware?

The Tegra 3? It's not specific to phones. It may be specific to mobile devices, but not just phones. tablets, phones, in vehicle entertainment displays, digital instrument gauges, and more.

That's beside the point. This console was made to create a better hardware company/software developer relationship. It's too show the big dogs how you SHOULD treat your developers.

It's a breaking ground for game developers who don't have tens of thousands of dollars.

It's a piece of hardware which will be embraced by the Android community, hacked, and a plethora of wild, imaginative, possibilities will flourish from this device.

It'll be a great console for kids. It's cheaper and if it gets broken, it won't be such a big deal.

Opening it won't void it's warranty, so people will overclock it, make add-ons, juice it up.

I can go on and on.

Why there is so much dislike for this console? Tell me why? I demand a reason. You say phone hardware, but:
Tegra3 quad-core processor
1GB RAM
8GB of internal flash storage
HDMI connection to the TV, with support for up to 1080p HD
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth LE 4.0
USB 2.0 (one)
Wireless controller with standard controls (two analog sticks, d-pad, eight action buttons, a system button), a touchpad
Android 4.0
ETHERNET! (Announced by Muffi 7/18)

^ these stats on a phone either require a contract on a wireless service provider or fork up $500. You have $500? $99 sounds better to me. I also bet someone mods this to make phone calls :D.

Lastly, it has $5,318,507 out $950,000 pledged. It's a done deal.

sounds like my phone :p

I need an answer:

Nexus 7 or OUYA?

I don't care about the price, I don't care about the potential applications, I'm wondering what you would go for.

Back