PAX South

Soon..
Very-Thoon-Husky-Dog-Meme-Gif.gif

I'm planning on going to South 2016, unless something crazy happens! It's much more likely than previous failed attempts at PAXing.
SO HYPE!

I'm planning on going to one of these, for once. How quickly do the badges get sold out after they go on sale?

Almost immediately for the 3-day passes, like within the hour. You have to be ready and jump on it, past all the lag from everyone trying to get them. Otherwise you have to buy separate days for more. For South, since it's new, they didn't sell out as fast. But as it grows, it will be hard to get even individual days too. If you miss them, any nobody could snag extras for you, then you have to deal with buying later from people who can't make it, or at stupid high prices from the asshat scalpers/resellers that buy up a bunch just to make a profit.

I have already gotten a head start on rooms, I have 3 rooms reserved at the Wyndham La Cascada.
I'll be with family in one of those rooms, the other 2 are available for Team9000.
I need a room manager in each room that can hold a $100 security deposit.
Each room has a King, two full size beds and a fold out couch bed. 9-10 people can sleep in a bed, and plenty of space on the floor for sleepers and recreational activity.
As for cost I was thinking $80 per person for 4 nights much less than the hotel cost. *still undecided on cost but general area of $80
6QVu43L.gif

Vii3dip.jpg

Last edited:
I have already gotten a head start on rooms, I have 3 rooms reserved at the Wyndham La Cascada.
I'll be with family in one of those rooms, the other 2 are available for Team9000.
I need a room manager in each room that can hold a $100 security deposit.
Each room has a King, two full size beds and a fold out couch bed. 9-10 people can sleep in a bed, and plenty of space on the floor for sleepers and recreational activity.
As for cost I was thinking $80 per person for 4 nights much less than the hotel cost. *still undecided on cost but general area of $80
6QVu43L.gif

Vii3dip.jpg
Why do I feel like if I stay in this room someone's going to try to sell me a timeshare?

Google says like 16 minutes. And I'm a lazyfuckfatty, so it'd be longer. Also lazy.. and not a morning walky person, especially not carrying swag on the way back. The rooms look super cool for hangouttery and cookin and stuff. A lot like my timeshare condos. But I dunno. I might be up for paying extra for closer con-hotel convenience. Undecided. Mostly depends on what everyone else wants to do. Wherever the most peoples are, is where I'd wanna be.. cuz obviously, the trip is more about hanging out with you guys than the con. But yanno.. if I'm payin for con, I'mma go to con.

Google says like 16 minutes. And I'm a lazyfuckfatty, so it'd be longer. Also lazy.. and not a morning walky person, especially not carrying swag on the way back. The rooms look super cool for hangouttery and cookin and stuff. A lot like my timeshare condos. But I dunno. I might be up for paying extra for closer con-hotel convenience. Undecided. Mostly depends on what everyone else wants to do. Wherever the most peoples are, is where I'd wanna be.. cuz obviously, the trip is more about hanging out with you guys than the con. But yanno.. if I'm payin for con, I'mma go to con.
Take the boat shuttle then and drop swag @ the hotel when ya go out hunting for foods :).

I got one ticket for me and one for my gf who will probably come.

If plans change and she can't come I'll have an extra one.

If someone grabs two tickets for me, I will go. I just won't have money for another month. Otherwise, I will try to get tickets in a month.

so do you think east or south is the way to go this year? seeing as 3 day badges are on sale I can't say I'm not tempted

Back