• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

People these days.

What do you mean by "with the current"?

All of the hostility that ensued was a direct result of their refusal to negotiate.

cur·rent [kur-uhnt, kuhr-]
adjective
1. passing in time; belonging to the time actually passing: the current month.
2. new; present; most recent: the current issue of a publication.
3. publicly reported or known: a rumor that is current.

Dictionary.com

What you fail to understand is that no matter your defense, it wont justify your actions. You don't understand that you think you have authority which you do not.

cur·rent [kur-uhnt, kuhr-]
adjective
1. passing in time; belonging to the time actually passing: the current month.
2. new; present; most recent: the current issue of a publication.
3. publicly reported or known: a rumor that is current.

Dictionary.com

What you fail to understand is that no matter your defense, it wont justify your actions. You don't understand that you think you have authority which you do not.

Smart-ass, jbg's constant trolling, idiocy, and flat-out douchebaggery led to his ban. And our retaliation.

P.S. I NEVER said I had any authority whatsoever.

People, can you stop posting stuff already? I made this thread at the request of an admin, so there was proof for a ban, because proof is always a must. I don't need a ton of notifications because people like to fight.

People on both sides of the war were wrong and crossed lines which turned a small conflict into basically a war. We don't need a forum war to come next, so everyone just relax and go about your day playing minecraft, or doing whatever you do. :p

The admins do not want to be bothered with nonsense like petty disputes about how close you built your hideous skull. We settle such disputes in-game,

You're wrong when you say an admin should not be involved in disputes. An admin should be contacted for disputes which require judgement beyond the authority of someone who is not an admin.

I wont get over it until Jbg143 is unbanned as I feel it was a ban wrongfully placed. I think there is evidence enough on both parties shoulders for bannable offenses so I think its fair if either both parties involved are banned or, neither are banned and they just carry on their separate ways.

You're wrong when you say an admin should not be involved in disputes. An admin should be contacted for disputes which require judgement beyond the authority of someone who is not an admin.

I wont get over it until Jbg143 is unbanned as I feel it was a ban wrongfully placed. I think there is evidence enough on both parties shoulders for bannable offenses so I think its fair if either both parties involved are banned or, neither are banned and they just carry on their separate ways.

All he had to to do was make a legitimate appeal.

There was nothing that required judgement from a higher authority.

Do you run to the police every time someone throws a piece of trash in front of (or near) your house? I don't think so, or I would hope not.

The only reason you're involved in this, is because you stuck your nose where it didn't belong. The conversation was initially between me and jbg, all of a sudden you jump in.

You're diligence to get him un-banned may lead to your own demise. So I would let it down until the dust settles. These type of things always have a way of working themselves out.

EDIT:

I saw a post which was removed, so let me reiterate.

jbg143 was not banned because of our dispute over land, he was banned because:

1.) he spammed hateful comments

2.) encouraged killing/target attacks

3.) insulted fans of the My Little Pony television series

4.) general asshattery

This is all seperate from the other activities that took place. His actions were unacceptable, regardless of the dispute between Haven and InflammableBean.

Regardless of a ban, I'm incredibly disappointed that the residents of InflammableBean have been so rude to us.

It's a matter of general courtesy, regardless of who it is. Don't use Haven as an excuse to behave badly.

I know I went on yesterday evening to talk to asbestospants about the whole skull issue. Fuck, it was purely situational. I mean, I got on; first thing I see: "I'm going to tear down that wall placed by those Haven pricks."

I don't want to weigh in too much. I don't go on SMP that often, and I only got on to help out an IRL mate who wanted to see the server. Similarly, I though that whilst I was there, I'd just see what asbestospant's perspective on the matter was.

Haven (to my knowledge) had only previously spoken to an assistant. I can't remember the name, and I'm not sure if he was even an assistant. But he was terribly uncouth.

I was hoping that asbestospants would have more brevity.
He didn't.

Despite my best intentions and tact on the matter, he was increasingly rude to myself, and more importantly, Haven.
Asbestos, and a number of other players weighing in on the conversation, were quite rude to me, and pretty derogatory to Haven.
It was a source of great embarrasment to me to be having such a negative conversation, when I was trying to talk the server up to me mate.

Let's move aside the fact that jbg was banned, and that it's Haven involved. It's another arguement entirely. The arguement that we have admins in the town doesn't mean jackshit. 'Furkey doesn't really do much (ILY dude), and let's be honest, Woot has a fairrrrly minimal presence on the Survival server anyway.

I don't care what the official response is. I'd rather not see anyone banned or anything. In all honesty, it's not something that really effects me, but in the spirit of kinship, I wanted to help out my townmates, or whatever.
I would just like this issue to be closed. In an ideal world, I'd like those who have been so crude to me, and my town, to apologize, or at least stop such negative stigma.

When I'm being serious (and not a loveable, sexual mega-troll-Pyro), it takes a real lot to rustle my jimmies. And this matter, and the response from the other party in aforesaid matter, have been very confronting and saddening.

And making people sad is against server rules, no?

Regardless of rules, players on the server need to be kinder and more tolerant of others. It's about being polite.
Even if you're allowed to do something, doesn't mean you should.
You can swear, but it's not good manners, and it's not nice to others.
You can smoke, but it's not good for you, and it's unpleasant to those around you.
You can rip the Wilderness to pieces, but it's not nice for other players.

People, just chill. It's just a game, and we all need to be fine, upholding, nice, awesome Team9000 members.

~VORSPRUNG

P.S.: "Fag" is not a 4chan-only term. It's like how Surfin' Bird is not a Family Guy-only term. That is all. Good day gentlemen.

I have no trouble saying whats on my mind. I'll determine where and where not to do so, thanks. In regard to my 'demise,' keep your assumptions to yourself.

That was originally my post Jerzey, that I removed because I thought it was a bit irrelevant after what you said. You missed the part where he encouraged theft and possibly stole items from StTheo though.

Anyway, if Jbg143 makes a formal application and stops causing such an uproar in this thread, he might get unbanned. Just a thought.

I have no trouble saying whats on my mind. I'll determine where and where not to do so, thanks. In regard to my 'demise,' keep your assumptions to yourself.
I respect that. But it's not always the best thing to do.
For instance, if I had said what was on my mind last night, there would be many expletives and references to the Karma Sutra.
But that's irrelevant.

I think what Jerzey is saying is that it's a fairly moot thing to do for you to campaign for jbg to be unbanned, at least here. Not only are they two seperate issues, but it's really up to him to dispute his own ban. And it pays to be pleasant if you want the admins to unban ye mate. If and when he makes an appeal, feel free to support him all you like. But please don't let your feelings for jbg interfere with this situation. If you're angry at the admins for banning him, and thus angry at Haven; don't be. It's a connection that doesn't need to be made.

I'm just recommending that it's a good gameplan to be chilla and keep cool. You'll get respect for that, and if you're reasonable enough, people will be less likely to get pissed at you, or your town, or whatever.

I respect your opinion to be honest; truly I do. But it /does/ need to come with some appropriateness. :)

Reading all through this and not having said anything since, I couldn't agree more with Vorsprung. But being there through all of this and never saying anything in game, I think it is a bit unfair that other "parties" when presenting evidence, also pointed out things they did, and broke the rules in doing so. But yet, only one player was banned. Again, I agree with Vors that no one should be banned and I wouldn't want to see arguing or a war break out over this. But I also believe there is injustice in this. Either punish all involved or none, but not one side and not the other.

Reading all through this and not having said anything since, I couldn't agree more with Vorsprung. But being there through all of this and never saying anything in game, I think it is a bit unfair that other "parties" when presenting evidence, also pointed out things they did, and broke the rules in doing so. But yet, only one player was banned. Again, I agree with Vors that no one should be banned and I wouldn't want to see arguing or a war break out over this. But I also believe there is injustice in this. Either punish all involved or none, but not one side and not the other.

If he was banned only because of the incident that would be understandable, but people keep forgetting that he broke multiple rules that are ban-able offenses. He wasn't banned just because people started yelling back and fourth at each other over a few plots.

Ok, the reason Jbg was banned was for an offensive comment he made regarding fans of MLP, and also using the term 'prick' several times towards other players.

Jbg's ban is a completely separate issue to the one at hand.

Jbg was banned for other indiscretions.

This is how I see it:
Jbg is banned for misbehaviour. Asbestos and Co. disagree with this, and are unhappy this has happened. Thus, they have bad grace against the admins.
Haven starts interfering with their skull because they feel offended and threatened by it. This pisses off Asbestos and Co. further. Additionally, because some admins live in Haven, they feel singled out. They feel like the admins are adding insult to injury and thus they are very reluctant to do anything.
They believe that part of Haven's reaction is due to bad blood between them and Jbg. Thus, they feel like they're being persecuted.
Finally, they are belligerant because they think Haven is receiving preferential treatment because they have admins in their town.
This means they're not only pissed with Haven, but the server in general.
= unhappy but unrealistic scenario.

What's actually happening:
Haven have been planning for quite some time to build a 'futuristic zone' over in the east where the aforesaid desert is. They have spent time building a very large bridge, and were planning to claim the area on the other side.
Inflammable Bean claim an outpost right next to Haven's claim, preventing them from expanding out and thus building their new zone. On top of that, they build a very large, menacing skull that towers over Haven land. Haven feel miffed and threatened that InflammableBean are disrupting their carefully-laid plans. To make matters worse for Haven, InflammableBean have left quite a mess in the area around the skull.
Haven feel annoyed about this and try and talk to a member of InflammableBean. They talk to someone (it's not yet sure if they were actually from InflammableBean) and they're very rude. Haven are affronted and build a wall over the skull.

Flash forward to the sexy future where I actually know the full story! Vorsprung, after killing some mafia goons and paying off his hooker debts, pops on SMP, and the first thing he hears is how Asbestos is going to tear down the wall.
The rest is history.

I'm reading over some of the logs in which screenshots were taken, and I'm actually quite disgusted at one of Haven's members.

We will have to talk to him.

If anything is had after this post... the people involved need to get 2 delusions sorted:

1.) Tofurkey's decision was not biased on his residency.

2.) This is not a common occurrence. Do not make wild accusations that Haven bosses around other towns, we do not interfere or interact with anyone until they have made some sort of the contrary to us. BOTH incidents were isolated with the first being with Pyrhos (he got paid off) and now InflammableBean.

Haven is a neutral town, and if anyone in our town has shown otherwise (besides this engagement) please let me know.

I'd like to formally apologize for my behavior in chat yesterday. It was unacceptable, and angry or not, I should NOT have attempted to take matters into my own hands.

I just may have un-intentionally ended the Team 9000 experience for two innocent players. I still do believe both parties made mistakes, but I believe my mistake was the absolute worst.

It may be possible to unban Jbg and work this thing out, but it will take cooperation from both parties. That is, if you're willing to stay.

As the mayor of InflamableBean (yes its spelt incorrectly) i feel i need add my remarks.

As a grown adult... i am a 29 year old network engineer with a wife, mortgage and a 9 month old child .... i am astonished by the level of childishness shown during and since this fiasco started.

I would like to point out this is a game, it is not real life, it has no impact on peoples education, career or life events. It is a game. A game designed to entertain and amuse the more "technical minded" person and therefore should attract an audience with a mentality and personality of higher attributes than shown by many of the players recently.

This situation rapidly got out of hand. I am not taking sides on this one, both JBG and some of the Haven residents showed very little respect for one another. I know JBG in real life, he is my brother, and he would only react to a situation if properly provoked. I have read all the posts on this thread, and had feedback from haven members and members of other towns that directly witnessed the events.

I would like to point out the following

1. Wilderness is wilderness, by definition that means its no mans land and its a "free for all" if you mine it, its yours, if you excavate it, its yours, if you claim it as a plot/outpost or town, its yours. You can build what you want where you want. There is nothing in the rules that stipulates otherwise.

2. We left the desert a mess......yes we used the sand for the skull, its pretty big, we needed a lot of sand. Again the word wilderness springs to mind. however i personally put a cobble layer and a sand layer down so it looked respectable.

3. Haven feels threatened by the skull.... Are you actually serious? 4 guys building a skull that was going to be an indoor rollercoaster with the track coming out of its eyes? come on people!! if you are threatened by a skull in a game, you must be petrified to leave the house!

4. The ban of JBG143.... He was not to know the term "pony fag" would touch such a nerve. He is new-ish to the server and didn't know the bizarre fascination many players have with a 1980's girls toy. I still don't understand this, but i keep my opinions to myself.
I would petition an un-banning on JBG for his remarks toward pony lovers. As i said earlier he had no idea the uproar his remarks may cause. I'm confident he wouldn't mention it again.

Many people will not agree with me, but to be honest I'm not bothered. I'm an adult and can take the fact that i will not be liked by everyone, and not everyone will appreciate my stubbornness. I am stubborn when i think i am right - note the word THINK people, before you start jumping.

This isn't about a skull, or about plots claimed near Haven, or the desert being "ruined", or the ban for JBG. For me it its the attitude of SOME players on this server. Rather than building a wall in front of an object that took quite some time to build to hide it because it didn't fit in with Havens grand master plan, wouldn't it have been more appropriate to have a quick chat on the forums where we can all get our points across? Beats the useless chat function! If that had happened i'd would have been more than willing to come to a compromise.

Anyway i feel this is getting rather long and will probably bore you all, so i will summarize.

I cannot condone comments made by the members of my town. Nor will i defend them. All i can do is apologies if it has caused any offense. I would ask for a similar apology to be returned.

As i have stated earlier, we have followed the rules and have never deviated from them.

JBG, Fenix and I feel there are a few players on the T9K server that try to rule with an iron fist and make demands. Just because you are a "seasoned" player, doesn't give you the right to be abrupt, rude, crude, unkind, demanding or threatening to another player.

For this reason we have decided not to play on this server any longer.

We play this game for some light entertainment and to possibly make new friends, not to have our experience ruined my a select few.

I will stand by my comments regarding Haven and their perceived bulling tactics. It is not just me that feels this way. Many members have also expressed this feeling to me.

I would like to request an unban for JBG143, as we may return in the very far future. All i can say is we have found a new server that is very welcoming and so far seems to be run very fairly.

I will be passing my mayor-ship on to someone else, and i will continue to remain a member on the T9K site.

I do wish you all the very best for the future and remember...........its a game!

Over and out

Well I'm not one for giant long posts, but I just wanted to point out a few things.

The thing about the skull being "threatening" is less that it's scary and more the fact that it was purposely put right next to our outpost and where we were expanding the town. Of course this could have been taken care of in a much better manner but right from the get go people from Haven were kind of upset by this. The desert there was a place Haven had been planning to convert to more of a beachy look and have a resort, months of planning that suddenly was destroyed in an instant.

While the asking for the skull to be moved was asked less nicely than it probably should have been (aka, completely nice, rather than "Move please"), I understand where this is coming from because of the proximity of being exactly where we planned to expand. While of course, we don't exactly have the ability to say "We should have that because we planned longer", having the response be "No, stop being a butthurt prick" just made a few people go berserk and, well you know what happened.

So it's not that "Oh noes its an ugly skull" so much as its an ugly skull that completely destroyed something we wanted to do (hense why we're upset the desert isn't pristine like it was). Just wanted to explain that certain point. Again, not defending any sort of bad behavior, just pointing out why it was such a sensitive issue to people in Haven.

Also, I'm not sure where the claim of Haven being constantly bullying is coming from. The only two times any confrontation has happened was with the skull, and with Pyrhos; which once again was a touchy matter, being he plopped his town right down in the middle of where we were planning to expand for months. But that ended up fine as we completely paid him for the town. So that claim of us having a track record of doing that sort of thing over and over kind of confuses me.

I support the unbanning of Jbg now that we have come to some sort of understanding. I feel that his ban should server as some type of 'suspension,' if you will, for the type of offensive chat he used, and that he has now served that 'suspension.'

I also feel that Patchy hit the nail on the head with her post. Haven has, in a way, ran out of good building area, mainly plain biomes so that members of our town would be able to build a house without having to deal with the snow to the North of town. Which is why we built the large bridge heading in that area, mainly so we could use that large plain to the West, and further, possibly move North from there into the desert and connect our town with Tofurkey's outpost.

Back