• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

People these days.

I respect that. But it's not always the best thing to do.
For instance, if I had said what was on my mind last night, there would be many expletives and references to the Karma Sutra.
But that's irrelevant.

I think what Jerzey is saying is that it's a fairly moot thing to do for you to campaign for jbg to be unbanned, at least here. Not only are they two seperate issues, but it's really up to him to dispute his own ban. And it pays to be pleasant if you want the admins to unban ye mate. If and when he makes an appeal, feel free to support him all you like. But please don't let your feelings for jbg interfere with this situation. If you're angry at the admins for banning him, and thus angry at Haven; don't be. It's a connection that doesn't need to be made.

I'm just recommending that it's a good gameplan to be chilla and keep cool. You'll get respect for that, and if you're reasonable enough, people will be less likely to get pissed at you, or your town, or whatever.

I respect your opinion to be honest; truly I do. But it /does/ need to come with some appropriateness. :)

Hey sorry Vor that comment was directed to Jerzey. I do agree with you, and what needs to be understood is that I don't have anything against anyone. If anybody asked me for help in-game, regardless of who I would help them out. The thing is, I just want fair play. And I agree, this isn't a ban appeal, on my part.. I just felt like jbg was being mobbed and even though I don't really know him I thought someone should stick up for him as I don't see him as the only one at fault here.. Anyways.

I'm sad to see asbestospants leave the server, and to have been online when this occurred in the first place. Things are much more peaceful on the server at the times when I'm normally online.

In an ideal world, I'd like those who have been so crude to me, and my town, to apologize, or at least stop such negative stigma.

I was unfortunate enough to be online when the argument was raging - I'm guessing towards the end of it - and I saw someone from Haven make a sweeping remark about the whole town of InflamableBean too, I think calling them all idiots or something. Perhaps insulting a whole town rather than a single player isn't actually against the rules, but the point is, those sorts of remarks have been made on both sides, and they certainly don't help. Generalities such as "towns like yours" also don't help; I think they give the impression of someone more important talking down to someone less important.

Ok, the reason Jbg was banned was for an offensive comment he made regarding fans of MLP, and also using the term 'prick' several times towards other players.

So someone harasses me continually, then I get frustrated and call them something nasty, it's fair for me to get banned and them to not have any punishment? Personally, I think that in situations like this it's not fair to single out any one person for punishment. I'm sure that if you pushed a lot of the players on this server far enough with constant harassment, you would manage to get them to say something bad which would get them banned.

1.) Tofurkey's decision was not biased on his residency.

The fact that, once jbg143 was banned, he was hoping the skull could be removed since it was ruining the scenery in his area might suggest that he had a vested interest. Of course it wasn't actually removed.

The desert there was a place Haven had been planning to convert to more of a beachy look and have a resort, months of planning that suddenly was destroyed in an instant.

Surely Haven has the money to buy the plots in advance to prevent this from occurring!?

Surely Haven has the money to buy the plots in advance to prevent this from occurring!?
Not money so much as plots. Such is the curse of having a more rural town, as opposed to most others which cram their builds together.

Not money so much as plots. Such is the curse of having a more rural town, as opposed to most others which cram their builds together.

Oh, so you've been waiting for more people to join the town to make the plan a reality? I guess you don't know how long you're going to have to wait for that kind of thing :( Perhaps one should put signs in the area to say you intend to claim that land later, presumably people would respect that.

Oh, so you've been waiting for more people to join the town to make the plan a reality? I guess you don't know how long you're going to have to wait for that kind of thing :( Perhaps one should put signs in the area to say you intend to claim that land later, presumably people would respect that.

Like that would have worked. People will just ignore him.

Right, this is my final post and i promise to keep it short.

I feel i need to comment on the whole "Haven have been planning to move to the desert for ages" idea.
For the past 2 months i've allowed my psychic abilities to go on holiday. With hindsight, it appears to have been a bad idea.

No one from haven contacted me or i presume members of other towns close by to tell them of their plans. If this had been done, im confident this would never of happened.

Sorry for my sarcasm - but i love it, its is by far the best form of humour.

Final over and out

Oh yea and i forgot to mention.

Thank you TheXraptor for your apology, i truly appreciate it. It takes balls to admit to something and apologise, so thank you, and apology acepted.

OK.... I was there for all of this. And even tried to resolve the issue as it happened with KurtisL, since then I passed on messages to the mayer and we have stopped playing the server in light of a much more friendly server being available.

I am glad that there has been some sort of resolution to this now. And it was unfair to ban just Jbg, and in truth the ban was only to stop the flame-war that had arisen as it had begun to disrupt play for all others on the server (involved or otherwise).

When I logged in there had been some serious greifing around our land and railway (resulting in me almost dying from a lava trap).

Yes both sides were getting very angry at each other. Things were said that are always said in the heat of the moment, but from what I could see this was a 5 against 1 argument.

And as far as I'm aware the land purchasing was to prevent the griefing that had been going on by players from nearby towns. This land wasnt purchased to annoy Haven. Haven retaliated by counter-land grabbing and trying to surround our outpost (to build a giant wall screen to box us in). The players them selves kept trying to push us into lava and getting in our screens and wouldn't stop or leave even after the ban and relative calm.

If haven had planned on purchasing lots and expanding the town then why didnt they? We had also planned on expanding to the desert a long time ago, and that desert was the nearest one to us, (Previously a VERY long minecart trip was involved to collect sand and sandstone). The fact that It was next to another outpost is not against the rules. just look at any of the spawns and there are plenty of towns that are in close proximity.

The only reason a plot was even bought was to protect our track system and give us somewhere to stay whilst mobs infested the desert at night.

The reason being there was sand mining, and a considerable amount was taken leaving an unsightly mess.. SO a work of repairing the desert was undertaken. Cut short by this land-grab.

If ANYBODY should have a problem it would have been tofurkey who's outpost was located nearby. Nobody else needed to get involved and the fact that they did lead to where we are today.

Comments were made that implied the whole town of inflamablebean had been a problem since its inception. Utter Lies, is all that is needed to be said to that. A certain player was simply trying to incite more of a flame-war and suggesting that admin should evict the 11 residents instead of dealing with the actual problem at hand.

KurtisL and eventually homerun seemed to be the only ones that had any reasonable sense in them.

I feel that it is WRONG for Haven or ANY township to claim rights to the wild or dictate what "lesser towns" are allowed to do or build... planned or unplanned. they have the means to buy the plots they wanted. It is WRONG for ANY township to react the way that either party reacted. It is WRONG to mob and gang up on an individual in the way that players did.

I agree with some of the comments here that either all parties should have been banned or that non should have been banned.
I apologize for our actions throughout this conflict and hope that true resolution can be made. Not just for this little argument but for all similar arguments.

I dont often post in the forums and seem to be a little late. (Also KurtisL sorry for again posting on your thread, im sure you're fed up of the constant stream of notices but I hope that this can be put to bed now.)

And as far as I'm aware the land purchasing was to prevent the griefing that had been going on by players from nearby towns. This land wasnt purchased to annoy Haven. Haven retaliated by counter-land grabbing and trying to surround our outpost (to build a giant wall screen to box us in)
Actually...no, jbg started the land claiming first, simply just to piss us off, thus we started claiming around it to stop the expansion.

And...just glancing over the rest I'm not going to even bother. It just seems like its going to stir up crap again for no reason after everything just got resolved.

It just seems like its going to stir up crap again for no reason after everything just got resolved.

Is it actually resolved, in that no party any longer believes that another party has broken rules? Since you suggest that plots were claimed just to annoy, it seems not.

I would just like to point out that I didn't make any condescending remarks, or at least, didn't mean to. Fuck, I don't have any skills; I'm jus ta naturally arrogant swag-filled motherfucker. I'm chill, I was just tryin' to dissolve the conflict before any shit hit the fan.

But, the fan is well and truly smelly.

So we're gonna go clean it.

Who's with me?

Is it actually resolved, in that no party any longer believes that another party has broken rules? Since you suggest that plots were claimed just to annoy, it seems not.

That wasn't the resolution. Rules were broken. Simply put.

However, we have all apologized and want to move on. Humility is all we should see from this post on.

What do you mean by "with the current"?

All of the hostility that ensued was a direct result of their refusal to negotiate.

Just wanted to say (in relation to what you just said here) ^ So, if they decline to negotiate with you and move their town just because it's what you guys want to do, and you can't have your way, you're going to be hostile towards them. Hmmm, yeah that sounds fair. What are we in kindergarten? That's like saying.. oh I like his toy truck. I'll ask if he'll give it to me even though it's his and if he says no, I'll punch him in the face. lolwut?

Just wanted to say (in relation to what you just said here) ^ So, if they decline to negotiate with you and move their town just because it's what you guys want to do, and you can't have your way, you're going to be hostile towards them. Hmmm, yeah that sounds fair. What are we in kindergarten? That's like saying.. oh I like his toy truck. I'll ask if he'll give it to me even though it's his and if he says no, I'll punch him in the face. lolwut?
Seriously, we moved on from this point, why are you bringing up stuff from the first page again?
we have all apologized and want to move on. Humility is all we should see from this post on.

BTW, I posted this comment before I finished reading the whole thread. I'm not trying to continue any arguments here. And I'm not sticking my nose in other people's business. I mean, come on guys this is t9k, we are a family, everything that happens is everyones business. There were plenty of times times that I was on the server and heard conversations of how people don't like the way haven town members act, or any town members in general. This is just my opinion on what you said. I am saddened by the actions of those involved, I agree with asbestospants I don't like the attitudes of some of the people here. Or maybe not attitudes, maybe it's more of the way they carry themselves and act with certain situations. I wish people were a bit more mature, lets put it at that. In retrospect, I hope everything gets resolved, and I hope we can prevent future problems like this from happening.
*hugs all around*

Seriously, we moved on from this point, why are you bringing up stuff from the first page again?

sorry patchy, wasn't trying to continue an argument, i was trying to post that ^ comment before someone else posted thinking i was just randomly arguing about more stuff.

Back