Polyphasic Sleep

Overall assessment: Good for short term, bad for long term.

Should I try it: No. No you shouldn't.
Absolutely agreed, unless you have no obligations whatsoever and no concern for your health and safety. I've attempted this a few times, on slightly different schedules, never quite got it right. And between that and my work schedules of the time changing rapidly, my sleep cycle is pretty much permanently screwed now. I can pull off a "normal" schedule if absolutely necessary, but it'll only last for a week at best and then it's months before I can do it again. In other words, if you're so desperate to have more usable time in a day that you're willing to risk brain damage, you need to do less and live more.

I would advise getting a month of recovery before you attempt any other reduced schedules. I do recommend four two-hour naps, or if you're like me and only need four hours to rest, two two-hour naps will work fine. I also recommend picking up meditation. I meditate for four hours per day, and it was helpful during that first transition to the reduced sleep cycle.

I would advise getting a month of recovery before you attempt any other reduced schedules. I do recommend four two-hour naps, or if you're like me and only need four hours to rest, two two-hour naps will work fine. I also recommend picking up meditation. I meditate for four hours per day, and it was helpful during that first transition to the reduced sleep cycle.
Yeah, I didn't have the energy.

I'm going back to my regular 4-6 hours of sleep for a while at least.
Thanks for monitoring and tossing input guys, it's been a hellish fun three weeks, and perhaps I can trying something else later.

Back