PvP in Survival

Last time we had PvP there where serious people at it and everyone else had it off. Ban forum was off the hook with unfair fights.
That's why we should have an arena, so if you get in there, it's your own fault if you die.

Or maybe even a safari, a huge area that's locked off where you can PVP other people in an area of the map.

I'd support an Arena, but not a world. Going to the arena, you can't exactly whine that you got killed. It's your own fault for going there. When it's worldwide, it's a dramafest and people complaining left and right because they forgot to type the simple command /pvp off.

That's why we should have an arena, so if you get in there, it's your own fault if you die.

Or maybe even a safari, a huge area that's locked off where you can PVP other people in an area of the map.
Yeah, but also you could turn pvp off in 1.7. It's not that, it's that lots of the people that don't actively interact in the community whine and moan because they lose. [Look in completed appeals and look at Quanix being annoying all the time for example]

Yeah, but also you could turn pvp off in 1.7. It's not that, it's that lots of the people that don't actively interact in the community whine and moan because they lose. [Look in completed appeals and look at Quanix being annoying all the time for example]
Have a warning on the arena itself, "Enter at own risk"

If a PvP arena is built, will there be wage matches?

A tournament or FFA match has the potential of yielding huge winnings to the victor, with a relatively small investment from competitors.

If a PvP arena is built, will there be wage matches?

A tournament or FFA match has the potential of yielding huge winnings to the victor, with a relatively small investment from competitors.
That could be an idea.

In Towny, I know there's an option for PVP, can you switch it?

I personally have had 3 ban requests for me based upon pvp, though it was fun and its what used to make the server worth to me, killing with quanix and moving out to find my next target. got 38 diamonds in a day from pvp... It shouldnt be re-implemented killing in the wild is just not a good thing, even withe the [/fight off] command we had. though an arena would be cool, though might be hard to implement and lets be honest, wooty's a busy guy.

It's not that, some people are just babies and don't know not to risk what they can't afford. As buffulo said, people just whine that he killed them when they fought back.
Let me remind you there was bug that allowed bypassing /fight off and many were killed due to this. So, again, what are you talking about ?

Let me remind you there was bug that allowed bypassing /fight off and many were killed due to this. So, again, what are you talking about ?
How people would post ban requests for people bringing dogs to fights and ganging and stuff. Not to mention people like waging wars because they lost diamonds they CHOSE to risk. People need to learn to risk what they're willing to lose.

How people would post ban requests for people bringing dogs to fights and ganging and stuff. Not to mention people like waging wars because they lost diamonds they CHOSE to risk. People need to learn to risk what they're willing to lose.

I think number_J is saying that there was a bug that allowed PvP to be enabled even though it was set to /fight off.

This means that there was no choice to PvP to begin with. :(

For start, i was not talking about dogs, more like arrows and more.
There is actually nothing wrong with the thing you are fighting for here, but the means are that i dont like. People who dont like to PvP are not "just babies". Last version of PvP wasnt "chose" based, it was opt-out based. And even when you opted out you could get killed.

Plus, PvP is disabled worldwide. Towny has arena plot possibility, that should negate friendly damage not being possible, but i fear the worldwide PvP (off) is overriding this anyway.
Now you know what i am talking about.

For start, i was not talking about dogs, more like arrows and more.
There is actually nothing wrong with the thing you are fighting for here, but the means are that i dont like. People who dont like to PvP are not "just babies". Last version of PvP wasnt "chose" based, it was opt-out based. And even when you opted out you could get killed.

Plus, PvP is disabled worldwide. Towny has arena plot possibility, that should negate friendly damage not being possible, but i fear the worldwide PvP is overriding this anyway.
Now you know what i am talking about.
The "babies" where people getting angry because they lost diamonds in PvP and posted ban requests about it. I know what you are talking about, and we are on the same page. I'm just not sure if you read what I was saying correctly or if my message was typed to be read awkwardly.

My bad i guess. The arena (when you say arena i see EP arena) isnt bad idea. Because thats expanding playability for people who chose so and that for sure isnt bad thing.

Last time we had PvP there where serious people at it and everyone else had it off. Ban forum was off the hook with unfair fights.
That's because it was in the main world. I'm opposed to it being in the main world. A pvp world would solve that, make it so that items cannot be carried to and from this world, perhaps, to prevent too much dismay. Wipe it every month, even.

Chaos server ftw

And screw that stupid mortal kombat pvp arena. One side has the advantage over the other....

Why cant there be a pvp arena with a symmetrical playing field? Even if there is lava?

Back