bbgunshot
RioDeal
TheXraptor
Clayto1332
pasaria
RedBox

People Not in favor:
cacher97

If I missed you just comment back on it and pre sorry.

<3 oh man does this picture bring back memories.
Logo-Signature-01.png

eaglepassmap2-jpg.27155

2011-04-21_13-56-46-png.29767

hurrrrrr-jpg.23738

:D

Images stolen from TheGurw's PC.

People in favor of a PvP arena:
I_DieAlot
im3nuron
Beese
Ustulo
bbgunshot
RioDeal
TheXraptor
Clayto1332
pasaria
RedBox

People Not in favor:
cacher97

If I missed you just comment back on it and pre sorry.

We don't really need a serious alignment count, just enough people posting their support here.

Ok, I did bump into a server that had a PVP arena, which was really well organize and no "admins" anywhere, i didn't see people being killed being in the area because they could't hurt anyone unless they were in the arena plus they had teleport dungeons rooms. you pick a room from
easy to hardcore, you find chest full of goodies like diamond swords to golden apples. Now I know there will be a lot of Pro's and Con's
But i did take a few snap shots for you guys to see what i saw, but again i think Wooty couldn't make this, at least not on his server. Then again
I could be wrong because I really don't know much about minecraft servers

An arena would be MUCH different than open world PvP. Not NEARLY as many abuse reports. In an arena, people know that it's either kill or be killed, and that's how it is, no complaining.

Agreed. Like the one we had in Eagles Pass.

Signs with waivers in front of the arena, and everything goes. No complaints about tactics, fairness, etc. someone do a 360 no scope arrow to your face? Oh well. Too bad.

Agreed. Like the one we had in Eagles Pass.

Signs with waivers in front of the arena, and everything goes. No complaints about tactics, fairness, etc. someone do a 360 no scope arrow to your face? Oh well. Too bad.

I mean no disrespect, but have you SEEN the quality of players that have been flooding on to the server lately? No matter how clearly it is stated not to complain about being killed in a pvp arena, TONS of them will whine endlessly in chat and on the forum here every time.

That said, I have no issue with the idea of a pvp arena, not a fan at all of world/wild pvp, but an arena sounds fine to me.

I mean no disrespect, but have you SEEN the quality of players that have been flooding on to the server lately? No matter how clearly it is stated not to complain about being killed in a pvp arena, TONS of them will whine endlessly in chat and on the forum here every time.

That said, I have no issue with the idea of a pvp arena, not a fan at all of world/wild pvp, but an arena sounds fine to me.
someone just needs to post a picture of the signs at the entrance to the arena in every one of those threads.

We have a the /ignore command for them crying about it and that's why i said FAR away from spawn like how sign island is. It would take them a while to get there and most wouldn't do it.

You know, I think WorldHub could do with an arena, next map.
Just a thought.

I'm actually thinking of turning the platform I'm making in the Skylands into a mob arena, with the base as the arena itself, and a tower above it to spawn and collect the mobs for the challengers below.

I'm actually thinking of turning the platform I'm making in the Skylands into a mob arena, with the base as the arena itself, and a tower above it to spawn and collect the mobs for the challengers below.
Sadly, mobs are too predictable and easy to fight off. I've taken on 6 creepers and a skelly at the same time and come out victorious; just gotta know how they work.

Skelly: Always strafes to your left and fires an arrow (roughly) every 3 or 4 seconds.
Creepers: Hit once with a diamond sword and back away, they will strafe to your left just like a skelly, then after about 1 second of backing up, go in and hit twice rapidly with the sword for the kill.
Zombies: Hit, back up, hit, repeat until dead.
Spiders: When they lunge at you, back up 1 block and hit them, then power attack them to push them back, rush in and hit them to finish them off.

Applying some of these tactics close to the edge of a skylands arena would prove no challenge at all if the player keeps in mind his/her surroundings.

Sadly, mobs are too predictable and easy to fight off. I've taken on 6 creepers and a skelly at the same time and come out victorious; just gotta know how they work.

Skelly: Always strafes to your left and fires an arrow (roughly) every 3 or 4 seconds.
Creepers: Hit once with a diamond sword and back away, they will strafe to your left just like a skelly, then after about 1 second of backing up, go in and hit twice rapidly with the sword for the kill.
Zombies: Hit, back up, hit, repeat until dead.
Spiders: When they lunge at you, back up 1 block and hit them, then power attack them to push them back, rush in and hit them to finish them off.

Applying some of these tactics close to the edge of a skylands arena would prove no challenge at all if the player keeps in mind his/her surroundings.

I could give them unique entrances between the spawn area and arena. Besides, the platform I'm building on dominates 16 chunks, and when finished will convert 100% of the space above it (minus the main existing walkways) into spawning rooms (i.e. lots and lots of mobs). Also the base (what will become an arena) is completely enclosed.

Ah Eagle Pass, the best time I had with T9K......
That picture was actually taken in xankul. The arena in eagle pass was based off of it. :P

As for pvping, you could just ask woot to enable the arena plots in towny. That would allow you to set up certain plots in your town as an arena.

Back