RPG Maker

Easter egg of a frog in a sleek suit saying only :"Ribbit" every time you interact with him. That is all.

My demo will be up in a bit after I do some final tweaking, but before that, in order to play the game you will have to download the RTP

Found here: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package

It contains all the graphics and music to play RPG Maker games, and allows me to not have to have my game be huge by putting all the graphics in the game itself (thus allowing updates, seeing as saves still work after the game files have been changed)

And a word of advice for later: Don't leave yourself saved on the world map in my game, when you install later versions. It will be updated as I make it, so you might get stuck in a new place I add.

My demo will be up in a bit after I do some final tweaking, but before that, in order to play the game you will have to download the RTP

Found here: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package

It contains all the graphics and music to play RPG Maker games, and allows me to not have to have my game be huge by putting all the graphics in the game itself (thus allowing updates, seeing as saves still work after the game files have been changed)

And a word of advice for later: Don't leave yourself saved on the world map in my game, when you install later versions. It will be updated as I make it, so you might get stuck in a new place I add.

I'll be looking forward to it.

What's your opinion on RPG Maker, was it worth the cost, how noob friendly is the tool, does it have in-depth tutorials to use the tool, etc?

I'll be looking forward to it.

What's your opinion on RPG Maker, was it worth the cost, how nood friendly is the tool, does it have in-depth tutorials to use the tool, etc?
It's rather nude friendly. There isn't any tutorials in it, but there's one here: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/support/tutorial/rpg-maker-vx

It basically guides you along in making a tiny game. It helped me learn a few things, but honestly, the majority of things it teaches are things I could have figured out myself if I wasn't lazy and decided to look at all the features.

It's rather nude friendly. There isn't any tutorials in it, but there's one here: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/support/tutorial/rpg-maker-vx

It basically guides you along in making a tiny game. It helped me learn a few things, but honestly, the majority of things it teaches are things I could have figured out myself if I wasn't lazy and decided to look at all the features.

Thanks for the input, I think you meant Noob Friendly not "Nude Friendly" XD.

Is it worth picking up for someone who is just starting to get involved in programming and game design or should someone learn any pre-requisite languages?

It's pretty straight forward, but as with any kind of Game making application, the more scripting/programming you understand, the more you can accomplish.

Thanks for the input, I think you meant Noob Friendly not "Nude Friendly" XD.

Is it worth picking up for someone who is just starting to get involved in programming and game design or should someone learn any pre-requisite languages?
It was a joke being you put "nood friendly" xP

And, I know absolutely no programming languages and I'm doing fine.

The only reason it's taking so long for me to do things is because I'm trying to decide things to do. Dialogue/plot/aesthetics-wise.

It was a joke being you put "nood friendly" xP

And, I know absolutely no programming languages and I'm doing fine.

The only reason it's taking so long for me to do things is because I'm trying to decide things to do. Dialogue/plot/aesthetics-wise.

I figured it was something like that :D.

I might end up picking this up since I've been wanting to start on learning programming and developing my own games.

I figured it was something like that :D.

I might end up picking this up since I've been wanting to start on learning programming and developing my own games.

There's a Lite version for free you can DL and try out before you buy. I DLed it a couple of nights ago, but haven't gotten a chance to tinker with it and see what's up.

Busy weekend:
-Play Patch's game
-Write T9k History
-Maybe another GTKAG?

Demo is out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6mr23reduos0u9k

As I said in my earlier post, you have to get the RTP for it to work.

Tell me what you think of it. From dialogue, plot, looks of things, or even just timing in cutscenes.

Downloading RTP now and then the demo afterwards. I'll give you my brutally honest and blunt feedback when I've progressed as far as you can in the demo itself.

There's a Lite version for free you can DL and try out before you buy. I DLed it a couple of nights ago, but haven't gotten a chance to tinker with it and see what's up.

Busy weekend:
-Play Patch's game
-Write T9k History
-Maybe another GTKAG?

Please do.

Something like this. Except he LIVES on Pinecraft, and the world is being changed by the evil Moe Jang into a cuboid landscape. He must travel the world and form a team of 9000 to defeat the sinister overlord and restore the world back to its once splendid 2D landscape.
And rather than recruiting each of the 9000 members of his army individually, he will recruit generals who will assist him with the battles. Such great heroes as Conrad, the impressive pugulist with a knack for fashion; Kashim, the oddly-named Australian who has an equally odd ability over coconuts and women; Ahllee, the man with 88 deadly hat combat techniques (and a splendid chain of restaurants); Tommy Ox, the Zen Buddhist Martial Artist Pacifist who owns an impressive ox doll collection...

I could go on forever making those up...I'm tempted to...

You actually have a legitimate game idea here.

Demo is out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6mr23reduos0u9k

As I said in my earlier post, you have to get the RTP for it to work.

Tell me what you think of it. From dialogue, plot, looks of things, or even just timing in cutscenes.
Well, here we go.

Dialogue: Easy to follow and sounds believable, as if the characters were actually people having a conversation.
Plot: So far, I'm interested. I have the feeling the legend of the goddesses will play a role later on? Or at least, get more into detail.
Looks: I liked the layout of things, although directions on the signs would be nice. :p Went around the town twice trying to find the academy.
Cutscenes: Smooth, not at all timed bad.

Additional things I enjoyed:
The characters are rather lovable, and I can't wait to see the chemistry between them, as well as any future party member. Also, the layout of the tower is pretty damn nifty, making you have to work for the goodies by going the long way around. The sounds are excellent and don't at all grate on my nerves. Oh, and I saw that Pokemon reference in there, Patchy. :p You can't hide that from me.

Things that need a bit of improvement:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make one of the enemies in the tower drop something to replenish mana, or at least, if you can, make it so health and mana get restored at leveling up. Nyanami's spells are what make her fun to use, but when she runs out of mana, I find myself mashing the button to end the combat without much thought. Speaking of combat, best achievement: 517 critical while blind with Erika. :3 Also, a 'Scan'-esque ability would be nice, so players can know what hp a monster has, what they resist, what they're weak to, etc. I noticed that Nyanami gets "Water" at level 5, so I'm assuming elements are in the game?

All in all, I'm eager for the next bit. Strangely, my demo crashed as I put the blue orb of the altar. Is that where it ends, or did something, break? :eek:

Well, here we go.

Dialogue: Easy to follow and sounds believable, as if the characters were actually people having a conversation.
Plot: So far, I'm interested. I have the feeling the legend of the goddesses will play a role later on? Or at least, get more into detail.
Looks: I liked the layout of things, although directions on the signs would be nice. :p Went around the town twice trying to find the academy.
Cutscenes: Smooth, not at all timed bad.

Additional things I enjoyed:
The characters are rather lovable, and I can't wait to see the chemistry between them, as well as any future party member. Also, the layout of the tower is pretty damn nifty, making you have to work for the goodies by going the long way around. The sounds are excellent and don't at all grate on my nerves. Oh, and I saw that Pokemon reference in there, Patchy. :p You can't hide that from me.

Things that need a bit of improvement:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make one of the enemies in the tower drop something to replenish mana, or at least, if you can, make it so health and mana get restored at leveling up. Nyanami's spells are what make her fun to use, but when she runs out of mana, I find myself mashing the button to end the combat without much thought. Speaking of combat, best achievement: 517 critical while blind with Erika. :3 Also, a 'Scan'-esque ability would be nice, so players can know what hp a monster has, what they resist, what they're weak to, etc. I noticed that Nyanami gets "Water" at level 5, so I'm assuming elements are in the game?

All in all, I'm eager for the next bit. Strangely, my demo crashed as I put the blue orb of the altar. Is that where it ends, or did something, break? :eek:
Ah shit. That is definitely not where it's supposed to end.

Basically, I originally was a derp and editted the RTP, because I didn't know you could get it otherwise. So I switched it to put the new files I used (their faces for one) in the game file itself, but it seems I forgot to change their faces in that part of the cutscene.

I'll fix it, put up a new version. Your saves SHOULD work, but I'm not sure if it will with a glitch like that. I'm sorry :s I thought I got everything.

Back