RPG Maker

On the way, he must defeat his foes such as Treeper, a 50 foot tall green monster which can explode things with it's mind, a Zombie apocalypse, and even the dead rising from their graves as day turns tonight. If Snesalyzer can defeat all of these foes he can challenge Moe Jang to one final battle. Snesalyzer, armed with his trusty green sword "Guac", takes on Moe Jang, and his most trusted adviser "Nortch".

Rated E, for Epic.

Thank you shirt <3
197030_485835974789435_1922497023_n.jpg

Patchouli from what i've heard thusly it sounds like a really great game/demo for a first time. I'd have to say bravo bravissimo on that one!

New version: http://www.mediafire.com/?8v7sdpu2gwmt09z

Hopefully I got all the crap now, and also hopefully your save works.

And enemies should drop mana potions (I recommend going to the inn if you're really low)

I forgot to save the notepad document with my feedback on it so I'll provide feedback on this version of the demo instead.

If possible try and make the game able to read old save files or force the game to save files into a separate folder inside the project k folder so when updating the version of the demo users can replace the new save file folder with the old one.

I forgot to save the notepad document with my feedback on it so I'll provide feedback on this version of the demo instead.

If possible try and make the game able to read old save files or force the game to save files into a separate folder inside the project k folder so when updating the version of the demo users can replace the new save file folder with the old one.
That's kind of not something I can do.

Ack... Found a bug, Patchy. If you go upstairs in the university and enter the room on the left, it triggers the cutscene for when you return from the tower, even if you haven't gone to it yet. o_o;
God damnit, I thought I changed that. (I have a horrible habit of accidently pressing "Cancel" when I mean to press "OK")

Anything else need fixing before I put this up? And hopefully that didn't spoil anything for you.

EDIT: New one, god damnit there better not be any bugs: http://www.mediafire.com/?6utyvv857pxb32y

God damnit, I thought I changed that. (I have a horrible habit of accidently pressing "Cancel" when I mean to press "OK")

Anything else need fixing before I put this up? And hopefully that didn't spoil anything for you.
I closed it before it could spoil anything. <3 So, I'm safe. :D As far as anything else goes, I have yet to find anything else. :3

I closed it before it could spoil anything. <3 So, I'm safe. :D As far as anything else goes, I have yet to find anything else. :3
Good.

So, basically before I work on the next sections, I'm going to have to work on battle stuff. For one, there's only a skill by default for Erika every 5 levels till 25. And, her class is basically a copy of Archer at the moment, only with guns. So 3 of those are bow skills. I replaced them with her own gun skills, but it's still weird having only 5 skills in total, for 99 levels. I'm going to have to fix that by adding more. It seems like the worst part of making this game is going to be trying to balance crap like this.

Also I feel like I should be making blogs for my game stuff instead of just keep posting in this thread. Or maybe a thread for itself. I dunno which is better.

Good.

So, basically before I work on the next sections, I'm going to have to work on battle stuff. For one, there's only a skill by default for Erika every 5 levels till 25. And, her class is basically a copy of Archer at the moment, only with guns. So 3 of those are bow skills. I replaced them with her own gun skills, but it's still weird having only 5 skills in total, for 99 levels. I'm going to have to fix that by adding more. It seems like the worst part of making this game is going to be trying to balance crap like this.

Also I feel like I should be making blogs for my game stuff instead of just keep posting in this thread. Or maybe a thread for itself. I dunno which is better.
Updates for the thread, demos in a blog. :3

Will there be purple in this game, Patchi~?

-EDIT-
In case anyone cares about these opinions, I've got a few things to say about the game (so far).

Dialogue Issues:

-Evaryn's Letter:
The dialogue in the letter cuts out in this first line:
"We've finally reached Kyrava. We're staying at the town's inn. The trip was a long exhausting one, and we've been sleeping a"
"Mail does not regularly come and go from here, so I'm unsure when this letter will find you, but I are hoping you are well. I am unsure if we will be accepted to the University or not, but I think we did well on the entrance exam." ("I are"...)

-Man in the Inn:
"They say that floating island was made out [of] the mountains around here."

-That Little Boy in front of the Academy:
Not really an issue. But I laughed my ass off. XD Sneaky Patchi is sneaky!

-Professor Hadren (After signing the permisson slips):
"Alright, here you go.

Now, there's something I would like you two to do v(w?) you're at the tower." This got cut off as well.

Gameplay Suggestions:
-Possibly, you could incorporate a journal or quest book so that people (like me) don't forget what they're doing or where to go. Or a map/map seller so people (like me) don't get lost.
-It's like every five seconds (or two just after only standing around) in the Tower of Ardena I get jumped by the monsters. Though the potions make up for the HP and MP lost and the insane crits quickly end the battles, it feels a bit annoying. It also makes navigating through the tower painstaking. What could have taken me less than fifteen minutes to find took me almost an hour with these random, every-five-second battles.

Will there be purple in this game, Patchi~?

-EDIT-
In case anyone cares about these opinions, I've got a few things to say about the game (so far).

Dialogue Issues:

-Evaryn's Letter:
The dialogue in the letter cuts out in this first line:
"We've finally reached Kyrava. We're staying at the town's inn. The trip was a long exhausting one, and we've been sleeping a"
"Mail does not regularly come and go from here, so I'm unsure when this letter will find you, but I are hoping you are well. I am unsure if we will be accepted to the University or not, but I think we did well on the entrance exam." ("I are"...)

-Man in the Inn:
"They say that floating island was made out [of] the mountains around here."

-That Little Boy in front of the Academy:
Not really an issue. But I laughed my ass off. XD Sneaky Patchi is sneaky!

-Professor Hadren (After signing the permisson slips):
"Alright, here you go.

Now, there's something I would like you two to do v(w?) you're at the tower." This got cut off as well.

Gameplay Suggestions:
-Possibly, you could incorporate a journal or quest book so that people (like me) don't forget what they're doing or where to go. Or a map/map seller so people (like me) don't get lost.
-It's like every five seconds (or two just after only standing around) in the Tower of Ardena I get jumped by the monsters. Though the potions make up for the HP and MP lost and the insane crits quickly end the battles, it feels a bit annoying. It also makes navigating through the tower painstaking. What could have taken me less than fifteen minutes to find took me almost an hour with these random, every-five-second battles.
I'm afraid the battle is a little difficult to get right. The game only has an "average" number of steps for battles. Which is 30. I could increase the number of average steps until a battle, but there's nothing saying it will do anything >.> that seems to be a bit wonky.

EDIT: Also, as for the dialogue cut off: there was a few things I forgot to change after I got a message system script. It made all the text larger and I forgot to fix them.

hmmm i'd say increase the average as much as possible and that should stretch out the number of steps between battles...

Just downloaded the game to try it out. Just wanted to point out that while you seem to have a good story going on, as mentioned before, the monster spawns in the tower are bordering on the Zubat amd I kind of lost patience after 15 minutes >.<

Also, a suggestion, the tower being the first "dungeon" that the player explores, should be a little more straight forward and less mazy. Reducing the number of steps the player needs to get to the top of the tower/objective would probably also reduce the number of monsters they encounter. Just my opinion as a game dev.

While Steam decided to say "Fuck you" and make RPG Maker be on sale for half off after I bought it, now those of you that want it can get it half off now.

And sorry, I haven't been working on my game, I've become much too obsessed with destroying 'mechs >.>

Those mechs that I sent out were programmed to help you finish the RPG, complete with awesome coding skills. Since you destroyed them, it looks like you are on your own.

Patchy, if you decide to play with this again and need some help, let me know. I have made a few RPGs with RPGMaker 2000 back in the day and am a programmer by trade. I could probably lend a hand with some of the more advanced areas if you like.

Back