Run for your lives!!! 5k

I have family that lives just 20 minutes south of Nashville in Antioch! But we were just gonna go to make a small vacation of it, find something fun to do and an awesome place in the mountains to stay maybe.

Btw Run For Your Lives just aired a commercial spot with the premier of The Walking Dead. Short, Sweet and to the point but I think it is going to increase their ticket sales by a lot.

Ok New news I may actually go but is there a limit of witch age can be a survivor cause of my 12 year old cousin wants to..

14 years and + at the date of the run you chose and the minor need to be with a parents or got an aproval paper that place on place sing by the parent as well

it also does not help that the walking dead aired a commercial for this....this will be absolutely kick ass and I am extremely excited. So far, squeebz and myself have done very well with keeping up the running and eating healthier....so long as we keep it up, we should be in great shape well before next year.

Bought a knee brace for my right knee yesterday before we ran, it helped a lot. I need to go back and by another for my left knee. Also, I found a pair of Saucony's that I want for 70 dollars. I need new shewwwss like a mother. The shoes I have now don't support my slight over pronation and it is causing my Achilles to ache a little (Although that could be the way I have them laced).

Speaking of eating healthier, Casey, do you have any suggestions on before and after running meals? Preferably low carb (meaning good carbs only for me).

Wait -- This is in Sept of 2013?? EHRMAHGERD. I could totally maybe possibly make this maybe! My wife and I have been looking for something to get us in shape, and I could be a freaking tank by the time this thing rolls around next year. With me joining a local Lacrosse club, running will become second nature to me (again).

Wait -- This is in Sept of 2013?? EHRMAHGERD. I could totally maybe possibly make this maybe! My wife and I have been looking for something to get us in shape, and I could be a freaking tank by the time this thing rolls around next year. With me joining a local Lacrosse club, running will become second nature to me (again).

Do it do it do it do it do it!!!!

the earlier you register the less expensive it will be, check the GA site and register for the 0930 wave. We will be registering for this sometime in the next couple weeks and we will start hammering out plans for lodging. I am seriously excited for this already and have plenty of time to train up for the intensity of the run.

Think I may have pushed it a little too hard tonight....Rounding a corner I heard and felt a pop and tear in my left knee. I think I may have just strained it pretty bad. But I'm gonna be off it for a couple of days. :(

You have a year, so you dont have to push yourself too hard, small improvements are good too :)

You have a year, so you dont have to push yourself too hard, small improvements are good too :)

I've got a lot more work to do than the rest of my friends, plus I was enjoying my nightly runs. I am buying another knee brace today, to help with stabilization, plus I am getting some Glucosamine-Sulfate and hopefully that will help with my knees popping and grinding. I am just going to stick with Stretching, and doing as much cardio as I can using only my upper body. The swelling in my knee has gone down but it still kinda has a burning/tingly feeling to it, as far as walking goes, I can pretty much only hold a steady limp at the moment.

I've got a lot more work to do than the rest of my friends, plus I was enjoying my nightly runs. I am buying another knee brace today, to help with stabilization, plus I am getting some Glucosamine-Sulfate and hopefully that will help with my knees popping and grinding. I am just going to stick with Stretching, and doing as much cardio as I can using only my upper body. The swelling in my knee has gone down but it still kinda has a burning/tingly feeling to it, as far as walking goes, I can pretty much only hold a steady limp at the moment.

That...doesn't sound good...

You should work upper body AND core. You'll need both, trust me. Although, you probably already knew that. Make sure you do the right kind of stretching before and after you work out, you don't want to static stretch before you begin a workout as that can increase your chance of injury.

shewwss.jpg

Other Anniversary gift! Saucony Outduels, I want to run but Godlib says I should wait until at least Sunday.... :/

Back