• Everquest 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lineage 2

• Final Fantasy XI / XIV

• Total voters

Creeper

I didn't notice a Runescape thread anywhere. so I'm going to start one.

Wikipedia Entry:

RuneScape is a fantasy massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) released in January 2001 by Andrew and Paul Gower, and developed and published by Jagex Games Studio. It is a graphical browser game implemented on the client-side in Java, and incorporates 3D rendering. The game has approximately 10 million active accounts per month, over 156 million registered accounts, and is recognised by the Guinness World Records as the world's most popular free MMORPG.

RuneScape takes place in the world of Gielinor, a medieval fantasy realm divided into different kingdoms, regions, and cities. Players can travel throughout Gielinor on foot, through the use of magical teleportation spells and devices, and via numerous other methods, such as charter ships. Each region offers different types of monsters, resources, and quests to challenge players. The game's fictional universe has also been explored through a tie-in video game on its maker's other website, FunOrb, Armies of Gielinor, and the novels Betrayal at Falador and Return to Canifis.

Players are represented in the game with customisable avatars. RuneScape does not follow a linear storyline; rather, players set their own goals and objectives. Players can choose to fight non-player character (NPC) monsters, complete quests, or increase their experience in the available skills. Players interact with each other through trading, chatting, or by participating in mini-games and activities, some of which are competitive or combative in nature, while others require cooperative or collaborative play.

The first public version of RuneScape was released on 4 January 2001 in beta form, and in December 2001, Jagex was formed to manage the game.[12] As the game's popularity grew, the game engine was rewritten, and its beta was opened to paying players on 1 December 2003 under the name "RuneScape 2". It was renamed RuneScape upon its stable release on 29 March 2004.

Me in Runescape:

Account Name: Ryhogon
Combat Level: 85
Years of Experience: About 5 Years
Clan Chat: Tezz

Runescape.jpg

RUNESCAPE yay found a thread for it finally :)
I've had a Runescape account since I was 5...I haven't played much at all during the past 3 years though.
My dungeoneering level is *CENSORED FOR NOOBISH-NESS*

My Runescape Details
Username: Vincent2128
Combat Level: Somewhere between 62 and 68
Years of Experience: About 4 years
Account Age: 6 years, pushing 7
Account Status: Free, but with a free membership trial waiting to be activated sometime in the future
(Correction, :fuuu: myself for accidentally deleting the free membership trial email while deleting hundreds of World Of Minecraft spam notification emails) <insert angry sounds of constipation here>
Clan Chat: Only have one when Clan Wars is on...
World found in (exclusively): World 13
This fact applies all the time except when:
1. World 13 is down
2. I play any of the FTP minigames e.g. Clan Wars, Fist of Guthix
Quests: Done all the free ones
Highest Level Behind Combat: Level 57-62 (somewhere between there) Cooking

We should create an clan called "Team9000" or something, and get the Runescape players of Team9000 together in it, and see if we can kick some butt in Clan Wars.

Good idea. Let's do it once Team9000 gets big.
And high level Looks as if Team9000 RS players are already high level... *goes off to play Runescape for the first time in 4 months*

The majority of Runescape players are probably like:
Majority of Runescape Free Players said:
Player: OMG which world shall I join?
Player's Mind: Oh look World 1 looks like a good choice
Player: Kewl World 1, let's join it
For Members replace World 1 with 2

I would say STAY OUT OF WORLD 1 and 2 AT ALL COSTS! Team9000 Runescapers. It'd be hard to find each other, chat would be spammed in most places, and laggy etc. etc. etc.

Heard trade and the Wilderness reverted back to the good ol' times...When trade was not limited to Quest Points or whatever.

Heard trade and the Wilderness reverted back to the good ol' times...When trade was not limited to Quest Points or whatever.

Its probably one of the greatest updates of all time. Old Runescape pretty much came back :D

My home world was World 76 before the dedicated worlds update thing. Now I just go wherever.

Wow. This is like the first ever detailed conversation I've had with anyone playing Runescape, except for my Primary School friends who introduced me to Runescape in the first place.
The Primary School friend who first introduced me to Runescape is a Combat Level 124, as a random fact.

That's awesome. Well, I haven't played Runescape in a few months, so I'm not very up to date. My cousins introduced me to Runescape, but not intentionally. I just saw them playing it, so I decided to try it. Funny how thing happen like that.

It's been 5 years since the last time I paid for a Runescape member subscription. I'd very much like to go back to RS, but everytime I login to RS and look at my friends list (8 friends lol, all of them have quit RS I think) and not seeing any of them online, I feel that the time of RS is over for me. But you guys might want to add me, in case I happen to start playing again. My username is Macmaukka. :D

Yep, I have a full friends list of 200, but I only see 5 or 10 of them online whenever I'm online. I feel like Runescape is totally different, not just because there have been updates, but the fact that a whole generation of players are gone.

Err.. Well I stopped playing Runescape about 2 years ago, and stopped getting membership and started playing other games, but if team9000 starts playing it, then hell yeah i'll play with you guys.

Name: Sad Bunny [I have no clue why I chose that]
Level: Last Time I remember I was in high 70's
Experience: 5-6 Years.

I'm firggin' guild wars. No monthly fees, multiple expansions. Very original gameplay and requires lots of strategic planning when building a character.

Its not about grinding at all. PVP is its best feature and thats why I stuck to GW.

The main thing I liked about runescape is that the missions weren't completely terrible.

Yeah, the free play missions are O.K, but the member missions are better detailed and you get some good rewards from it =P

Ahh, some rs lovers. Cool. Although......
Name: Briggs Dg (some kid took briggs...)
Time: Over 7 years, lost count.
Level: 120+ (I forgot, been a while since I have been on)

Want to know more? Just ask me.

I stopped playing runescape when I realized there were far better games out there to play. No offense. OR WAS IT?
:csi:

Verging on troll? Perhaps an ogre... or even a goblin. Ya, lets go with goblin, the no offense made it less trollish. The or was it was just a nice comedic touch :).

I'm firggin' guild wars. No monthly fees, multiple expansions. Very original gameplay and requires lots of strategic planning when building a character.

Its not about grinding at all. PVP is its best feature and thats why I stuck to GW.

Was this not a runescape thread? Not a discussion of mmo's in general. We can start a thread like that if you wish.... But it would just lead to hurt feelings, which is not fun! :(. That poll should not even be there...

Rs has no fees (unless membership) "Expansions" every week (or so, depends on the size of updates) Meh, building a char is skill grinding, but there are many ways to make it fun. People do not realize this, they just want quick and easy, which is not fun. In my opinion after playing mannny mmo's and pvping on them. Runescape has the most dynamic type of pvp. You just do not get killed in a couple of hits like other games. Well, unless you are really bad!
Erm, forgot what I was doing now.... So ya...

Seems as if there ARE some RS players lying around Team9000...
I actually have just 106 friends, about half never play anymore, the other half are already level 100+ (I am certain of this figure). :)

Dang, I wanted Runescape membership so bad about 3 years ago, when I completed Dragon Slayer, got a Rune Platebody, completed all the free quests etc. Pretty much everything a free player could do but level up.

Slightly off-topic, I have been using Vincent2128 as an account name for nearly every game I've ever played, because this was my email addressback in Primary School. ([email protected] was moi old email)

Back