RWBY - Red White Blue Yellow

I fucking love the concept of RWBY. Kawaii badass girls with swords and fighting music always gets a thumbs up from me. I can see this having a larger following in the future.

The only complaint most people have with this is the voice acting.

Because GOD FORBID voice actors sound anything like normal people.

The only complaint most people have with this is the voice acting.

Because GOD FORBID voice actors sound anything like normal people.
It's not even bad. It WAS bad in the Yellow trailer, but nothing in the show is even close to that level.

It's not even bad. It WAS bad in the Yellow trailer, but nothing in the show is even close to that level.
Exactly.

These voice actors sound like normal people.

Not the studdering retard nerd or the loli with a watermelon in her cervix that you get in Japanese audio anime.

There's only one voice actor that I actually dislike. Yang makes me cringe whenever she talks.

There's only one voice actor that I actually dislike. Yang makes me cringe whenever she talks.
Yang's existence makes me cringe.

She's literally the character that represents the worst possible collection of trash incarnate.

Her voice should fit that, no?

or the loli with a watermelon in her cervix that you get in Japanese audio anime.
4675447+_649a7953da26d5afa6a1db56d5af9265.jpg

Actually there is a reason voices are like that, and that cause casual voices sound scripted and IMO the voices in this makes me cringe. Maybe cause I've only seen past the first few episodes and I'm sure they've improved but they just seem so...bland and scripted. The only time they seem good is during the fight scenes.

4675447+_649a7953da26d5afa6a1db56d5af9265.jpg

Actually there is a reason voices are like that, and that cause casual voices sound scripted and IMO the voices in this makes me cringe. Maybe cause I've only seen past the first few episodes and I'm sure they've improved but they just seem so...bland and scripted. The only time they seem good is during the fight scenes.
Eccentricity to avoid it sounding scripted is just too much in my opinion. It is scripted either way.

I guess that's why I can't watch movies or dramas, because I know it's just acted out, and I can't see past that, so it destroys the entire story for me. I prefer animated things because then it feels like less of it is scripted.

I don't know it's probably just me being weird. *shrug*

The voices aren't even that bad, they've definitely improved dramatically since the yellow trailer. I'd say that they fit their characters surprisingly well, especially considering that the majority of the VA's aren't actually professionals.

Back