• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Sooooo... Any news regarding the server?

So....who would be interested in a "hardcore" rpg style project? Solo players need not apply, and it would require a minimum of seven hours per week. Hard difficulty, mods will be added to make it harder, and people will be given jobs. If you have an assigned job, you're required to focus on that job for at least five of your seven hours, any extra time you play you can do what you like. Miners, farmers, blacksmiths, masons, alchemists, etc. Solo players and those who like to "do it all" need not apply, this is intended to be a group project and that's that.

So....who would be interested in a "hardcore" rpg style project? Solo players need not apply, and it would require a minimum of seven hours per week. Hard difficulty, mods will be added to make it harder, and people will be given jobs. If you have an assigned job, you're required to focus on that job for at least five of your seven hours, any extra time you play you can do what you like. Miners, farmers, blacksmiths, masons, alchemists, etc. Solo players and those who like to "do it all" need not apply, this is intended to be a group project and that's that.
I found the last rpg-style server too confusing to handle, to be honest.

I found the last rpg-style server too confusing to handle, to be honest.
This one will be well-documented right from the start. I've been setting it up for the past month now, working out bugs and writing a wiki. The idea is for a small, tight-knit group of players to work together for a giant build.

Sounds interesting, but also sounds like a lot of hard work...

Sounds interesting, but also sounds like a lot of hard work...
I'm honestly not expecting a lot of positive responses from t9k. What I've seen of our community doesn't fit the hardcore RPG element. But no harm in asking. In any case, the tasks are pretty well compartmentalized, so you do your job for an hour, then fuck around doing whatever until you get tired of minecraft for the day. I've been on one of these projects before, and I found it a lot more rewarding than my usual solo style of play. I was a miner, focused on obsidian, of course, and I gave the mined mats to the warehouse players, and got picks from the blacksmiths/alchemists. Was altogether a lot of fun. Every day I knew my purpose, and I strove to meet my quota.

I'm honestly not expecting a lot of positive responses from t9k. What I've seen of our community doesn't fit the hardcore RPG element. But no harm in asking. In any case, the tasks are pretty well compartmentalized, so you do your job for an hour, then fuck around doing whatever until you get tired of minecraft for the day. I've been on one of these projects before, and I found it a lot more rewarding than my usual solo style of play. I was a miner, focused on obsidian, of course, and I gave the mined mats to the warehouse players, and got picks from the blacksmiths/alchemists. Was altogether a lot of fun. Every day I knew my purpose, and I strove to meet my quota.
I'd give it a go. Not sure I'd be any good at it though.

You're also a sadomasochist so eh

I think we're going off topic. Start a new thread with your idea?
I have no intentions of opening the server to applications until I'm done setting it up. It will also be private, with a limited member count, and slots opening up only if someone drops out/is removed. In addition, the server will not be based in T9k, and will have its own website for applications and message board. I have no serious intentions of recruiting from T9k, as there are very few of us that would be capable of such a project. My post here was only to see if anyone who still checks this subforum is interested....and so far that's just you :p

to tell you the truth gurw that server sounds very interesting, I enjoy the idea of having classes that we can fulfill. When I play single player I'm more of a farmer than a explorer and being able to be rewarded for staying at the base farming trees and wheat would be cool.

to tell you the truth gurw that server sounds very interesting, I enjoy the idea of having classes that we can fulfill. When I play single player I'm more of a farmer than a explorer and being able to be rewarded for staying at the base farming trees and wheat would be cool.
Oddly, you were already on my list of potential "core group" players.

I wonder if there is any ultimate goal to all of this other than just to "have fun". Like a project to construct Yggdrasil or some kinda thing that will potentially protect the city and its inhabitants from an apocalyptic event. (NOT SERVER WIPE)

I wonder if there is any ultimate goal to all of this other than just to "have fun". Like a project to construct Yggdrasil or some kinda thing that will potentially protect the city and its inhabitants from an apocalyptic event. (NOT SERVER WIPE)
Something along those lines ;)

I definitely have interest in the rpg-themed project, so long as I can schedule it outside of my work schedule (Mon-Fri, 12-8:30pm MT)

I have no intentions of opening the server to applications until I'm done setting it up. It will also be private, with a limited member count, and slots opening up only if someone drops out/is removed. In addition, the server will not be based in T9k, and will have its own website for applications and message board. I have no serious intentions of recruiting from T9k, as there are very few of us that would be capable of such a project. My post here was only to see if anyone who still checks this subforum is interested....and so far that's just you :p

I'm fairly interested as well, if I have the time and you're willing to consider an application, shoot me a pm when you're ready.

Back