• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Sooooo... Any news regarding the server?

I'm good with square animals, wrangling and mass-slaughtering / decorative building. Would defs be interested.. Fire a PM when it's a green light.

my two cents.....the community is dying.... there is nothing but fragments servers and hope and dreams... Players still occasionally play with the people they may have met while playing here...but it's dying.....

There is no common thread now and we're all drifting. T9K rest in peace.

my two cents.....the community is dying.... there is nothing but fragments servers and hope and dreams... Players still occasionally play with the people they may have met while playing here...but it's dying.....

There is no common thread now and we're all drifting. T9K rest in peace.

Dude i've been feeling the same way; if you ask me, getting rid of t9k run MC was a huge mistake.

Woot I realize this website and its community have mainly been a learning experience for you as a programmer and developer as you've grown personally and professionally. That being said a lot of people have bought into the community (some more than others). Can you detail our your growth plan? By this I mean....there is nothing here for any of our use. We appreciate the use of the forum for in terms of communication but 90% of the previous target audience has no use for the web site to date other than communications. You are loosing your target audience which will continue to fragment and sub divide... that may be acceptable from a personal goal but as players I may very well hold your indifference against you.

Just saying

LTS is the root of team9000... and without it, team9000 is going to die. I bet more than half of you wouldn't have been here If it weren't for survival.

LTS is the root of team9000... and without it, team9000 is going to die. I bet more than half of you wouldn't have been here If it weren't for survival.
Actually, the core of t9k is gaming. Minecraft is a game, it lost interest, and so it was removed just like any other game. Plus it was a resource hog for a community that is more based around start-when-you-need-them games.

And the vast majority of those of us who got here via Minecraft, came via Classic, not Survival. If all you know is LTS, I'm going to wager that you're too new here to be making statements like that. Spend a year here before you judge.

Actually, the core of t9k is gaming. Minecraft is a game, it lost interest, and so it was removed just like any other game. Plus it was a resource hog for a community that is more based around start-when-you-need-them games.

And the vast majority of those of us who got here via Minecraft, came via Classic, not Survival. If all you know is LTS, I'm going to wager that you're too new here to be making statements like that. Spend a year here before you judge.
I joined to play Minecraft.
You joined to play Minecraft.
ImLife joined to play Minecraft.

Many of us have moved onto other games, true, but you cannot forget the main way Team9000 has grown over the past few years, the main reason the vast majority of people here joined for.

Maybe Minecraft is not the core of Team9000 (Team9000 wasn't even created with Minecraft in mind), but you cannot neglect the fact that Minecraft, whether Classic or Survival, was the game that truly caused Team9000 to grow and flourish. It's what brought most of us together into the family we are today. Please don't forget that. Whether the game ceases to exist as mcs.team9000.net, or survival.game9000.net, it will live on in our hearts and memories, from the first time we made a makeshift shelter out of dirt to hide from that scary creeper outside, to the last block we ever placed to construct what could have been a mighty city.

I joined to play Minecraft.
You joined to play Minecraft.
ImLife joined to play Minecraft.

Many of us have moved onto other games, true, but you cannot forget the main way Team9000 has grown over the past few years, the main reason the vast majority of people here joined for.

Maybe Minecraft is not the core of Team9000 (Team9000 wasn't even created with Minecraft in mind), but you cannot neglect the fact that Minecraft, whether Classic or Survival, was the game that truly caused Team9000 to grow and flourish. It's what brought most of us together into the family we are today. Please don't forget that. Whether the game ceases to exist as mcs.team9000.net, or survival.game9000.net, it will live on in our hearts and memories, from the first time we made a makeshift shelter out of dirt to hide from that scary creeper outside, to the last block we ever placed to construct what could have been a mighty city.
let's all agree that minecraft is what made team9000 popular today

It'd be nice to have LTS back, it brought many players together every day.. It's a shame it was taken down. I put alot of hard work into it.

I'm moving my primary focus toward TF2 and CS:GO. Official servers will begin going up tomorrow. For anyone only here for minecraft: sorry. Team9000 will move on with or without you.

Honestly, we go through this same growth cycle about once every three years. We build it up, ride it out, break it down, and repeat. Anyone who is willing to carry over to the next cycle is welcome, and anyone who was only here for minecraft will be missed. See you next time :).

Actually, I joined from Classic, not Survival.

And while I joined because of Minecraft, I am not here only because of Minecraft. I'm not leaving because Minecraft isn't going to be a major part. In fact, I stopped playing Classic and LTS a long time ago (Actually, it wasn't even called LTS when I played majorly). I tried to get back into it, but I just don't care about it anymore.

I stay because of the people and the VAST amount of other games we play.

Oddly, you were already on my list of potential "core group" players.
lol not sure if a good thing or not :p

So I'm going to have to agree with some of the older members. (considering I have been here a year I could be considered one now but most people would beg to differ) Anyways t9k has so many things to offer than minecraft like Killing floor and terraria. Quite honestly I'm ok with loosing minecraft, I barely played it when I first bought it. If anything I'm partly to blame for league of legends becoming popular on mumble again. But that is just it, we are a wonderful group of people who love to game with each other and hang out on mumble or talk on the forums. This community has provided us with so much that I'm ok with it changing if that means the community will become even better. I know for a fact that the community its self was the reason I chose to stay and really I want to stay with this community as long as possible. While we may not all agree with each other I'm sure that things will work out eventually!

I'm moving my primary focus toward TF2 and CS:GO. Official servers will begin going up tomorrow. For anyone only here for minecraft: sorry. Team9000 will move on with or without you.

Honestly, we go through this same growth cycle about once every three years. We build it up, ride it out, break it down, and repeat. Anyone who is willing to carry over to the next cycle is welcome, and anyone who was only here for minecraft will be missed. See you next time :).
Awesome, I've been looking to get back into TF2, and this might just be what I need to do so :).

So....who would be interested in a "hardcore" rpg style project? Solo players need not apply, and it would require a minimum of seven hours per week. Hard difficulty, mods will be added to make it harder, and people will be given jobs. If you have an assigned job, you're required to focus on that job for at least five of your seven hours, any extra time you play you can do what you like. Miners, farmers, blacksmiths, masons, alchemists, etc. Solo players and those who like to "do it all" need not apply, this is intended to be a group project and that's that.
sounds fun, pm me if you get it up and running

Why was it even shut down?
It was pretty much an issue of maintaining the server and other issues that kept popping up that Wooty moved to community ran servers. Needless to say there are many people that keep those up reasonably well and can always get in touch with someone on the forums or mumble that runs them.

Back