Star Citizen

this ship sounds like something we could use. both to branch out and help keep the fleet in good repair

fyi it is still a funding goal

Anvil Aerospace Crucible – A so-called “flying toolbox,” the Crucible is the ship you want on your side when you suffer an asteroid collision or survive a pirate attack! Structurally, the Crucible consists of a cockpit, drive unit and workshop. The Crucible’s workshop is versatile: it can be used as a base for conducting EVA repairs (complete with requisite tool storage) or it can use magnetic grapplers to attach directly to a ship hull. In this situation, the workshop actually opens to space and allows a repair crew direct access to a damaged ship. The workshop can either maintain artificial gravity or allow for zero-g repair operations, depending on the needs of the mission. The Crucible’s cockpit is also outfitted with an array of repair tools, including dual purpose mounts that can exchange weapons for tractor beams and remote manipulator arms. The Crucible is also part of a larger planned repair system. For larger project, independent sections of support struts and drive units, called the Miller ERS (External Repair Structure), can be locked together to form a sort of scaffolding around a damaged starship, the next best thing to an orbital drydock. A standard ERS unit includes a small drive, thrusters, magnetic attach points and modular hardpoints for mounting tractor beams, repair tools or weapons. ERS segments each have a code defining their shape (P1 = Straight section, P2= Left turn, P3 = Right turn, etc.) with the multiple layouts allowing extensive zero-gravity construction as necessary. In the case of damaged capital ships, like the Navy’s Bengal carriers, hundreds of ERS units might be formed into a latticework serviced by a dozen or more Crucibles.

Yeah, this is part of the next generation ships they will launch (i.e. late next year). This is the second round of ships to be voted on, with the first round now leaving the concept phase (the aegis reclaimer and 890 jump being two of the first wave). I can see this helping, but this is a ship I feel like would be best to earn in game a little further down the road. Definitely a ship to have in the fleet, but probably not a top priority. My plan is to get the Hull C when they put that up for sale, as long as the price isn't something ridiculous. I will probably melt my reclaimer to fund it.

awesome, oh btw have your ship UEC's been credited to you yet? I only have roughly 11,000 and I feel like my 325a and my blue haven't given me any credits yet. Is there something I'm missing or what?

like to explain further I'm pretty sure I started with 1,000 and then I got the 300i which I then upgraded to the 325a. That should have given me 3,000 (I'm pretty sure an upgrade doesn't give you anything) then I got the free 10,000 from them which puts me at 13,000. shortly after that I got the blue which should put me at 19,000.

do they just not credit it or something?

awesome, oh btw have your ship UEC's been credited to you yet? I only have roughly 11,000 and I feel like my 325a and my blue haven't given me any credits yet. Is there something I'm missing or what?

like to explain further I'm pretty sure I started with 1,000 and then I got the 300i which I then upgraded to the 325a. That should have given me 3,000 (I'm pretty sure an upgrade doesn't give you anything) then I got the free 10,000 from them which puts me at 13,000. shortly after that I got the blue which should put me at 19,000.

do they just not credit it or something?

Why would upgrades give you credits?

I'm still confused as to where these credits are suppose to be coming from?
doesn't each ship come with a set UEC with it? (well the game packages at least) so when you get a ship should those UECs be credited to your over all UEC or no?

If I still don't make sense I will use pictures if I have to....

A game package comes with UEC, but if you are only upgrading ships then you won't see a change in UEC. If you are melting an entire game pack and buying another game pack, you should see your UEC change. If this is what you are doing but you haven't seen a change in your UEC, you should contact CS. However, if you are only upgrading the ship, i.e. a cross chassis upgrade, then your game package will be the same, as will the UEC that came with it.

Once you buy a game package and move on to buying more ships, those tend to be just the ships that you're getting. A game package costs more than the base ship and you have to search for actual game packages to get them, otherwise you're only buying the ships which do not come with UEC. Only game packages come with a bunch of awesome goodies, and those cost more than just the base ship you typically get with them.

Something that was discussed a couple months ago on 10 For the Chairman that I thought was really interesting was entertainment inside the PU. I thought it would be so cool if players could buy a radio stations with which to do whatever they want to with - whether that be a music station, or a talk show. I mean, how cool would that be? It could open up to advertising for guilds , for jobs and renting services and the like as well.

I'd love to host my own station and play music that I enjoy, be paid to advertise, and update listeners on current events.

Something that was discussed a couple months ago on 10 For the Chairman that I thought was really interesting was entertainment inside the PU. I thought it would be so cool if players could buy a radio stations with which to do whatever they want to with - whether that be a music station, or a talk show. I mean, how cool would that be? It could open up to advertising for guilds , for jobs and renting services and the like as well.

I'd love to host my own station and play music that I enjoy, be paid to advertise, and update listeners on current events.

Yeah, I heard something along those lines too. I feel that if they included .m4a playback on the hangar jukebox, that would provide a great initial test bed to see how many people used it and to what quality.

I wasn't sure where else to ask this question, so here I go:

Does anyone on T9k regularly play Eve Online? It's on sale right now, so I thought I might try it out for a month.

I wasn't sure where else to ask this question, so here I go:

Does anyone on T9k regularly play Eve Online? It's on sale right now, so I thought I might try it out for a month.
I don't know, but you should probably start an Eve Online thread and not hijack the Star Citizen thread.

I look forward to playing together as a group with these new mechanics. Sounds like an absolute blast. Imagine game nights where we all pile into a Connie or two and run missions, instead of each to a ship flying along in a big clump.

Speaking of gamenights, Arena Commander 1.0 is supposed to have friends lists and lobbies. Fun times ahead?

I look forward to playing together as a group with these new mechanics. Sounds like an absolute blast. Imagine game nights where we all pile into a Connie or two and run missions, instead of each to a ship flying along in a big clump.

Speaking of gamenights, Arena Commander 1.0 is supposed to have friends lists and lobbies. Fun times ahead?

We can already play with friends, but definitely looking forward to the lobby system. Hop in mumble some time if you want to play, as I am usually up for a game.

There will be a livestream in a little over two hours. They were testing their Public Test Universe server yesterday, and stated that it will be released VERY soon. They were looking to get AC 1.0 out the door before the end of the year and they were early on delivering their last update. They also don't want a repeat of a year ago, so we may be seeing a lot of content released in the next couple of hours.

If not, we should have a good idea of when to expect a lot of this. AC 1.0, if not released today, will probably be out before the end of January.

New Star Citizen trailer, based off a fan made trailer CIG asked the fan creator if they could remake it and with new footage.

I'm really diggin' my Avenger. I'm not sure if it's due to the controls patch or whether the ship is easier to handle, but I was able to complete a lap without losing my patience for the first time... My best lap was 1:37:04; I'm sure that's really horrible in compared to some of the racing ships. My Star Citizen hype has officially been restored.

I'm really diggin' my Avenger. I'm not sure if it's due to the controls patch or whether the ship is easier to handle, but I was able to complete a lap without losing my patience for the first time... My best lap was 1:37:04; I'm sure that's really horrible in compared to some of the racing ships. My Star Citizen hype has officially been restored.

The thing that has really gotten me recently is to land my ship on the landing pad in freeflight, then head out as just a person to explore the terraformer/spacestation they float next to. It is an amazing experience that really puts into perspective the scale of the game.

Back