Star Citizen

Skip to about 3:40
According to the video, it's still being considered, but it's something I've been thinking about for a while--procedural damage!

So what do you guys like and dislike about star citizen? Does the current state of the game meet your expectations? Do you believe Star Citizen has longevity or not?

So what do you guys like and dislike about star citizen? Does the current state of the game meet your expectations? Do you believe Star Citizen has longevity or not?
Iiiiii'll just let casey answer this as he will probably give the word for word exact answer I would, only with more info.

I can honestly say the current state of the game, for where it should be in its development, is light years beyond what I expect.

I also feel the game will have more longevity than most any other game out there. The development is open, and they prove everyday that they listen to us and push the game in the direction both the creator and the community want. This isn't like most games where they make it and hope for the best; this is a game where they are constantly evolving it to fit a medium that everyone is happy with. If a patch comes out, and it's shit, they take the community's advice and aim to improve it. It is a very organic growth for a video game, especially for this size and scope of one.

People keep saying that it's taking too long to develop. GTA 5 took 5 years to develop, they just didn't announce it until it was already 3 years in the making...

People keep saying that it's taking too long to develop. GTA 5 took 5 years to develop, they just didn't announce it until it was already 3 years in the making...
And didn't show any footage till 4 years in the making. Meanwhile we've had footage and screenshots since day 1. Think the contrast just causes some conflicting opinions that don't bode well with the normal flow and general perception that comes with a games development.

Following up on the multi-crew stations post they did late last year, here is an in-depth post regarding the mobiGlas and it's purpose. There is a crap ton of information on this post, as it really goes to show how much thought and effort they are putting into this.

As for the game, FPS/planetside module are scheduled for a late March/early April release. However, it sounds like they *might* release a small social module before that, in which you can access others' hangars, have an actual friends list, and a small portion of the mobiGlas is accessible. Not sure if I misheard this though, so once I know for sure I will update.

CAN YOU EVEN HANDLE THIS MUCH GANK

RSI_Orion_Situ1b_150219_GH.jpg

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...n/14518-Rugged-Colossus-Orion-Mining-Platform

That concierge status yo, we have our own spot in the forums and a direct link to Ben if we have to ask a question. There are also other perks to, but I haven't bothered to look around for them yet.

The new trailer they put out does a great job of showing the game actually being a game, instead of just a piece of one. I am even more excited for this game now, especially with everything slated for it this year.

The new trailer they put out does a great job of showing the game actually being a game, instead of just a piece of one. I am even more excited for this game now, especially with everything slated for it this year.

The future is all bald men and bald men in caps and woman are extinct. Kidding, I'm way too hyped.

Also, when 1.1 is released it will be bringing the 64-bit floating point change with it. Bigger maps can now be a thing!

Two thirds of the way through the re-installation, only 7 hours left. I really want to see the new character animations and fool around in MP freeflight. I wonder what they will do with bigger maps...

Multiplayer freeflight isn't happening right now as they are having server issues, but expect it to be up early this week. Character animations are definitely better than they were, but once the FPS comes out expect them to get loads better as they get feedback from everyone. As for bigger maps, they plan on adding new game modes too, specifically ones that do not involve killing others i.e. exploration, mining, trading, etc. They could do a lot with those game modes in bigger maps. Also, expect to see the first bit of multicrew ships once the bug smashing from FPS and social module dies down. Until then, check out this kickass video RSMV found.

Back