Star Citizen

Not gonna lie, still drooling over the Completionist Package....

Now I just need to find $15,000 USD

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Standalone-Ships/Aegis-Retaliator-Base

so anyone gonna get it? they are previewing the module system of SC now with this ship and the cutlass is coming soon.

I am considering it my self, debating if I want to go full bomber or whatnot

I have a constellation, and that won't be too far off. Until then, I have enough REC that renting the Retaliator a couple times would be feasible. Plus, I have too much invested inb this game, I can't see myself giving anymore.

Okay, I've kept quiet and held onto my skepticism of this game. I believed they could make a great space sim, but I wasn't sure if they could make a living, breathing universe akin to what playing through Freelancer felt like. Looked up some gameplay videos and was really impressed, and I rolled on over to their wiki page that explained the history of the UNE all the way up to the UEE, and I was blown away. It seems like they are giving the story and narrative aspects of the game as much attention as they are putting into the rest of it. Consider me impressed.

Last edited:
Okay, I've kept quite and held onto my skepticism of this game. I believed they could make a great space sim, but I wasn't sure if they could make a living, breathing universe akin to what playing through Freelancer felt like. Looked up some gameplay videos and was really impressed, and I rolled on over to their wiki page that explained the history of the UNE all the way up to the UEE, and I was blown away. It seems like they are giving the story and narrative aspects of the game as much attention as they are putting into the rest of it. Consider me impressed.

They have three writers cranking out lore about two-three times a week. This has been the case for the last year and a half.

I have a constellation, and that won't be too far off. Until then, I have enough REC that renting the Retaliator a couple times would be feasible. Plus, I have too much invested inb this game, I can't see myself giving anymore.
yea, for you I would say you have helped out enough and unless something really tickles your fancy there isn't a point to dropping more on the game.

what is amusing about the base package is that it is less than my cutlass blue. plus for me the tali looks sexy as hell. I think I'm gonna end up getting it

Man, CitizenCon looked great. I was most excited for the demo they did for Alpha 2.0, up until the trailer for SQ42. Wow. It looks so much better on Youtube with 1080p and 60fps. I can't wait for so much stuff. ^u^

Just a heads up for those who care, the 2.0 of alpha was released. Its a cool addition. Things like Multi crew ships, crew stations, FPS, zero gravity movement, maps that are hundreds of thousands of Kilometers. Only the cool stuff.

Oh, the mobi glass is in game now too. Along with new flight systems, new ships, and missions.

I might be freaking out a bit.

It finally feels real!
Yes, it does. The announcement for their procedural generation just topped everything too. That was a funding milestone that was only suppose to be R&D, but they seem to have gone far beyond that. Also, it sounds like they're approaching completion on the next landing zones. This was a nice cap on this year, but it will be interesting to see the direction as they open more avenues for inserting content instead of functionality.

Thinking it's about time I go ahead and invest in a good HOTAS setup :)

Also, I think this clip from Zoran sums up many people's feelings. . .

Well shame on the rest of the SC fanboys:

Star Citizen is a No Subscription MMO Space Sim & FPS as well as a single player campaign in the Form of Squadron 42. It’s built in a Modified Cry-Engine & is the most crowd funded game of all time attracting over $107 Million & almost 1.2 Million Player Accounts.

You can try out the Alpha Free until the 14th of February. All you need is create an account and you’ll received 3 ships to use during that time, The F7C Hornet, The Aurora LN & The Mustang Delta. These ships will be made available to everyone’s account during this time so try them out.

Well shame on the rest of the SC fanboys:

Star Citizen is a No Subscription MMO Space Sim & FPS as well as a single player campaign in the Form of Squadron 42. It’s built in a Modified Cry-Engine & is the most crowd funded game of all time attracting over $107 Million & almost 1.2 Million Player Accounts.

You can try out the Alpha Free until the 14th of February. All you need is create an account and you’ll received 3 ships to use during that time, The F7C Hornet, The Aurora LN & The Mustang Delta. These ships will be made available to everyone’s account during this time so try them out.
do we keep the ships? or is it a free fly weekend for those ships?

if we keep them then cool my toaster can't play SC so I idk if I can get em

if we don't what I said above still applies :p (mainly not being able to run it)

also has there been a we passed 100 mil letter from the chairman yet? I want to see what he says on the subject

Edit: all questions have been answered please ignore.

on a different note I do hope to be upgrading within a couple pay checks to a gaming pc so I might be able to play it soon!

Last edited:
I activated my account. I have a pretty new rig coming Friday and I bought a Saitek X52 Pro. If I like what I play, I'll get in via the Squadron 42 pledge. I kind of like the Aurora's looks.

I bought the X52 for Elite Dangerous (which is $15 right now).

With 3.0 release imminent, I am curious to see who around here is interested in picking it back up. There's a lot of content that's been pushed lately, and even more lore.

Back