Stock Market Shenanigans

If I enter this contest, I will make the most money. I will have up to ten times the amount the 2nd person has. Then, on the last day of the contest, I will buyout pink nipple rings with every single cent I have and promptly declare bankrupt.

Dems' fightin' words.

Untitled.png

This be the first of January and I'm at the bottom ! Oh well... guess I'll not eat for a month or more.

Also. I'm bumping this thread incase any of you other people are interested in participating.

I focus on long-term investing strategies. A few good trades on solid businesses (ie. IBM) or blue-chip stocks are sure enough to provide sustainable growth to my portfolio with minimal risk. The stocks i pick generally have a slow but sure upward trend for a number of years and cost a hefty bunch... thus making my earnings/losses less volatile.

Also another advantage to long term investing are dividends... I should have researched more about it before I made my purchases...

Oh well, the thing is short-term investors usually don't get dividends because they don't hold until expiry date where dividends are paid out.

And I'm not sure who's who.. but someone actually made $2000 in less than half a month.... Damn.

I focus on long-term investing strategies. A few good trades on solid businesses (ie. IBM) or blue-chip stocks are sure enough to provide sustainable growth to my portfolio with minimal risk. The stocks i pick generally have a slow but sure upward trend for a number of years and cost a hefty bunch... thus making my earnings/losses less volatile.

Also another advantage to long term investing are dividends... I should have researched more about it before I made my purchases...

Oh well, the thing is short-term investors usually don't get dividends because they don't hold until expiry date where dividends are paid out.

And I'm not sure who's who.. but someone actually made $2000 in less than half a month.... Damn.

srsly, who is noah?

I am Noah. I am also an economics major.

I would like to suggest an interesting twist to the game. Everyone who is currently participating states a goal/estimated sum that they think they will be at on December 23rd 2013. At the end of the year, there can be two winners. 1 for whoever has the most cash monies, and the other for whoever most accurately predicted how they would do. Please don't just pick $0 and blow all of your money, even though I HIGHLY doubt anyone can get their portfolio to $0 by the end of the game.

I would like to suggest an interesting twist to the game. Everyone who is currently participating states a goal/estimated sum that they think they will be at on December 23rd 2013. At the end of the year, there can be two winners. 1 for whoever has the most cash monies, and the other for whoever most accurately predicted how they would do. Please don't just pick $0 and blow all of your money, even though I HIGHLY doubt anyone can get their portfolio to $0 by the end of the game.

strat, you are insanely good at this, I will accept this challenge.

Edit: not the $0 one but the other one.....though, I may just accept that challenge also and create a second account just to see how quickly I can loose everything.

strat, you are insanely good at this, I will accept this challenge.

Edit: not the $0 one but the other one.....though, I may just accept that challenge also and create a second account just to see how quickly I can loose everything.

xD I'm not even paying attention to this one. I have a more serious one with cash prizes I am competing in atm so can't really focus on both at the same time. For this reason, I will unfortunately not be short selling for the majority of the competition. Maybe for the last 2 months or so.

It's going to be very hard to determine how the stock market plays out considering the US is on a "fiscal cliff". Somehow I suspect that somewhere a few months from now we're all gonna lose our "theoretical dollars"

It's going to be very hard to determine how the stock market plays out considering the US is on a "fiscal cliff". Somehow I suspect that somewhere a few months from now we're all gonna lose our "theoretical dollars"

this is where short selling strategy could come in handy.

Back