• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

StTheo's Vanilla Server

(I don't see this happening in the distant or near future but)
Can someone give me an update if Theo resets the world?

All of my friends quit Minecraft again (shocker) and now I'm stuck being apart of some empty town that I feel obligated to stay apart of because of the shit we went through when starting a town.
A reset would be cool. Wouldn't mind restarting.
Is anyone else in favor of a wipe? 1.8 is coming, would anyone be in favor of me starting up a snapshot server, or should I just create a 1.7 world and sell the various new blocks at spawn?

If we wipe, I don't plan on deleting anything. In 1.8 I'll add the worlds back with spectator mode (multiverse can set per-world game-modes). I'll also look into adding warps for various cities and outposts, but no promises there.

Wiped. I'll set up a shop at spawn for money for Towny. I think I might add upkeep to deal with dead towns.

Everyone has been unbanned. /home is disabled. Town teleportation is disabled. /back is disabled. Town PVP is always on. Town mobs are always on. /spawn still works. Walking past the edge of the world warps you to the opposite edge. There is now a small upkeep that towns have to pay that scales with the number of plots and, to a very limited extent, players. Mayors can tax their citizens. PVP is allowed unconditionally, and stealing the items of someone you've killed is permitted. PVP is disabled at spawn.

Everyone has been unbanned. /home is disabled. Town teleportation is disabled. /back is disabled. Town PVP is always on. Town mobs are always on. /spawn still works. Walking past the edge of the world warps you to the opposite edge. There is now a small upkeep that towns have to pay that scales with the number of plots and, to a very limited extent, players. Mayors can tax their citizens. PVP is allowed unconditionally, and stealing the items of someone you've killed is permitted. PVP is disabled at spawn.
Cool. I won't be returning. Being forced to constantly watch my back is not my idea of fun, not in a game I consider more about cooperative building than PvP. Thanks for the run, Theo.

If anyone in this thread needs my attention in this thread, quote me please. I'm unwatching the thread as I no longer have any interest in the server.

EDIT: Clarified reason.

I know people might be against this (like Gurw) but this definetly feels like a vanilla server now. Thanks to the mods being limited significantly.

Still looking for my mouse....how the fuck does such a thing I use so little get misplaced so badly...

DEAR GOD THEO I LOVE YOU!
I'm willing the build the spawn again if you want. Seriously, this is what I loved about the Beta T9k Server!

Back