• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

StTheo's Vanilla Server

Finished the counting. Here is how this will work: For every individual who cursed someone, they will be temporarily banned for an amount of time proportional to the square root of the number of individuals (not including themselves, and not counting multiple curses) who they cursed. The largest temporary ban of the 4 is for 3 days, 3 hours, 53 minutes, and 40 seconds.

I believe that I am being very generous here.

Edit: I put "square", when I meant "square root".

Finished the counting. Here is how this will work: For every individual who cursed someone, they will be temporarily banned for an amount of time proportional to the square of the number of individuals (not including themselves, and not counting multiple curses) who they cursed. The largest temporary ban of the 4 is for 3 days, 3 hours, 53 minutes, and 40 seconds.

I believe that I am being very generous here.
they only guy i "cursed" asked to me do it so he could see what it was like.

they only guy i "cursed" asked to me do it so he could see what it was like.

it's true, kris begged him like 6 times to get cursed, and he asked if he was sure, multiple times

and you got a 3 day ban, just as i did... and cacher97, seems like we all got the same ban length?

You cursed Aetherrack, babybacon, BaconJim, Kris19642, Pyhros, TheGurw, and Vorsprung.

Actually i was trying to turn off the alters, and i was fooling around with bacon, im not asking for an unban, im just trying to set the record straight.

*pulls hand out of the flame*
Welp, I don't know anything besides what I said so... *backs away slowly*

i guess it's ok to cause unhappiness, as long as curses aren't involved?
it's not like i cursed people because i was happy with them.
'
i'm glad that i cursed csimiami, for being a dick, and i'd do it again 100 times.
totally worth the ban.

I've adjusted pendragon's tempban to not include Kris19642.
i guess it's ok to cause unhappiness, as long as curses aren't involved?
it's not like i cursed people because i was happy with them.
'
i'm glad that i cursed csimiami, for being a dick, and i'd do it again 100 times.
totally worth the ban.

You attacked him before coming to me about it.

Here are my thoughts for the record....

Gods as a plug in was an administratively supported mod. part of that mods were curses and blesses. While the population was not happy with the results.......the tools were there and 'enabled'. This isn't meant as a blame deferment game or background noise, but it was there for people to use with maybe less than tacit support which lead to it use and some may claim exploitation. We've thrown around the whole 'unhappiness' rule...but what does that mean..?

BaconJim (other team members insert name here) makes me unhappy everyday, but he's my partner who has my back and I trust him completely. Just cause I tell a wonk (italay91) to Go find a meaningful end to his life does that mean I'm making him unhappy. If so I don't care.......

Here are my thoughts for the record....

Gods as a plug in was an administratively supported mod. part of that mods were curses and blesses. While the population was not happy with the results.......the tools were there and 'enabled'. This isn't meant as a blame deferment game or background noise, but it was there for people to use with maybe less than tacit support which lead to it use and some may claim exploitation. We've thrown around the whole 'unhappiness' rule...but what does that mean..?

BaconJim (other team members insert name here) makes me unhappy everyday, but he's my partner who has my back and I trust him completely. Just cause I tell a wonk (italay91) to Go find a meaningful end to his life does that mean I'm making him unhappy. If so I don't care.......
Just... No. You're being way to philosophical about this.

Cursing someone does cause unhappiness in almost every case (Except for mine which I wanted to be cursed, and found it slightly gratifying). BaconJim even stated that he cursed Csi to enact revenge/ cause unhappyness. There is nothing beneficial about being cursed without consent.

Even then, people could be really careful about what they do when there's a rule as broad as "Causing unhappiness."

the only guy who lost items was TheGurw, and he lost them on purpose.
when the lightning struck, instead of moving away from the flames, he jumped into them.
i stood there and watched him run INTO the flames multiple times, right next to the water.

of everyone who was cursed, he was the only one who kept dying. on purpose.

Back