• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

StTheo's Vanilla Server

the only guy who lost items was TheGurw, and he lost them on purpose.
when the lightning struck, instead of moving away from the flames, he jumped into them.
i stood there and watched him run INTO the flames multiple times, right next to the water.

of everyone who was cursed, he was the only one who kept dying. on purpose.
I lost a fair amount of items in my inventory when you or cacher cursed me first so.. yeah

Also it's fine to perma ban me if you wish theo.. I really don't play nor care for minecraft anymore.. I find it quite pointless to be honest i just get on to watch people rage over virtual cubes.. And i will most likely never be on your server again (or any minecraft server for that matter) so it's fine :D

Just... No. You're being way to philosophical about this. [\quote]

Perhaps but I've played many different world, many different server (...all I might add with the same clan). You may be seeing this through rose colored glasses. There is much less 'warm, fuzzyiness' out there

All I play on minecraft are PvP faction grief/stealing allowed etc servers.

I realise that Minecraft is by nature a very unforgiving game, and some servers are pretty hellish/wild.

This isn't one of those servers, though.

the only guy who lost items was TheGurw, and he lost them on purpose.
when the lightning struck, instead of moving away from the flames, he jumped into them.
i stood there and watched him run INTO the flames multiple times, right next to the water.

of everyone who was cursed, he was the only one who kept dying. on purpose.
That was the 9th time I died. By that point, my inventory was clear, and I was more interested in screencapping all the curses that were often less than a second apart. I lost everything the first time I died, which took several dozen rapid-fire cursings for your god to achieve, because I was actively avoiding death, as any of the half-dozen players near me will attest. Get your facts straight.

That was the 9th time I died. By that point, my inventory was clear, and I was more interested in screencapping all the curses that were often less than a second apart. I lost everything the first time I died, which took several dozen rapid-fire cursings for your god to achieve, because I was actively avoiding death, as any of the half-dozen players near me will attest. Get your facts straight.

cacher97 seemed to have a reason for cursing you a lot.. he was pretty mad at you, for some reason.
he probably had no idea that your 'uber gear' couldn't withstand a curse from a 1-day-old god...

cacher97 seemed to have a reason for cursing you a lot.. he was pretty mad at you, for some reason.
he probably had no idea that your 'uber gear' couldn't withstand a curse from a 1-day-old god...
I only bought tools. No reason to waste emeralds on armour when I won't be pvp-ing here.

Well, onto more pleasant matters, I've increased the view-distance from 5 to 10 to see if mobs start spawning again. As this quadruples the number of chunks loaded at any time, please tell me if this is causing lag. Also tell me if this is working, with regards to mob spawning.

Well, onto more pleasant matters, I've increased the view-distance from 5 to 10 to see if mobs start spawning again. As this quadruples the number of chunks loaded at any time, please tell me if this is causing lag. Also tell me if this is working, with regards to mob spawning.
I hear it's working.

With gods gone can we get mcmmo or another plugin to fill the void?

With gods gone can we get mcmmo or another plugin to fill the void?
I'd prefer the server staying the way it is for a while. I'd like to make a mob arena, with custom nbteditor-created mobs. If anyone has any ideas for unique mobs they'd like to fight, or a good place to put a public mob arena, I'd be willing to listen.

LOL...theo....giant Aztec Temple created for such an event..
I'd prefer the server staying the way it is for a while. I'd like to make a mob arena, with custom nbteditor-created mobs. If anyone has any ideas for unique mobs they'd like to fight, or a good place to put a public mob arena, I'd be willing to listen.

Could always use Twin Lake's arena. They're pretty much dead from what I've seen.

Perhaps with the mob arena, in the same area we could include all the things I mentioned in a previous post,

Half way down page 21.

I feel it would be a good idea to create a fun area where people can kick about when they have no current projects to complete but want to stay on the server due to the people who are online at the time.

I was afk, something (or someone) killed my player. When i re-spawned and did the /back command, my inventory had "de-spawned" (apparently).

Now, due to the fact there was no one around that i was aware of, my things should not have de-spawned.

So if there is something who thought it would be funny enough to kill my player and take my invent (unfortunately i was holding my best bow with Power V ;( my best sword, Chain Armour set, some enchanted Gold Armour, and other supplies.) please step forward as this has properly "urinated" me off (if you know what i mean since i would prefer not to use the proper term ;) )

Thank you for reading, if you were online at the time, and saw my player killed by a mob, let me know. If they saw my player killed by another player, i would thoroughly suggest you tell me who, so further action can take place.

Cheers,

~AquaTwig :D

I was afk, something (or someone) killed my player. When i re-spawned and did the /back command, my inventory had "de-spawned" (apparently).

Now, due to the fact there was no one around that i was aware of, my things should not have de-spawned.

So if there is something who thought it would be funny enough to kill my player and take my invent (unfortunately i was holding my best bow with Power V ;( my best sword, Chain Armour set, some enchanted Gold Armour, and other supplies.) please step forward as this has properly "urinated" me off (if you know what i mean since i would prefer not to use the proper term ;) )

Thank you for reading, if you were online at the time, and saw my player killed by a mob, let me know. If they saw my player killed by another player, i would thoroughly suggest you tell me who, so further action can take place.

Cheers,

~AquaTwig :D

Just a quick note, just in case it happens again, you can check the chat log to see if you were killed by a mob or player. Simply scroll up.

Also, this is just a guess, but when you die, your "soul" lingers there until you respawn, so I would assume that means that the chunk would remain loaded and cause the item despawn ticker to keep going.

It's just an assumption, but I think it seems right. I don't know how much of it works, though.

Just a quick note, just in case it happens again, you can check the chat log to see if you were killed by a mob or player. Simply scroll up.

Also, this is just a guess, but when you die, your "soul" lingers there until you respawn, so I would assume that means that the chunk would remain loaded and cause the item despawn ticker to keep going.

It's just an assumption, but I think it seems right. I don't know how much of it works, though.

That might make sense. Don't know how long i was there for, and i completely forgot i could scroll up :eek:

Back