• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

StTheo's Vanilla Server

...like permission dungeons? I can totally manage creating one boss mob (new boss mob) per dungeon with commandhelper.

So again, if I have a terrible ping and have a lot of difficulty fighting mobs, and therefore won't be able to kill this "boss mob", I won't be allowed to do certain other things on the server? Cool.

Also PvP is really cool when what you're seeing is what actually happened quite a few seconds ago on the server. I may as well just go AFK and let people kill me and come back when they've had their fun or whatever.

I must have missed the part about firespread outside of towns being disabled. I'll fix that.

...like permission dungeons? I can totally manage creating one boss mob (new boss mob) per dungeon with commandhelper.
maybe go with the sign island idea that wooty had. Not that the boss mobs aren't cool, but people have shitty ping and some might want to fight the boss mobs with items that they will need to go to the Nether for. Hell I used to grind in the Nether for exp to get my items and I plan to when I can sell my town plot after a sign island is made (boss mob or not).

I also think the boss mobs in dungeons while cool, wouldn't work well for people with a not-desirable ping. With the new server connection problems that everyone seems to have, people would be fighting bosses, potentially getting disconnected, reconnect and (hopefully not but so likely will) lose their items on the chance that they get killed from the boss.

While typing THAT, an idea popped into my head. If possible, StTheo could program a grace period (like on hunger/survival games servers in which the players cannot take any damage for a set amount of time.) upon logging in. It doesn't have to happen now, but it would be great for dungeon bosses (or any bosses in general.) Even if the server problems do get fixed, it would be very helpful. Just an idea.

TL;DR? dungeon bosses might not be the best way to go due to server connection issues, unless StTheo can and/or is willing to add grace periods upon logging in.

P.S. Jeez, I don't type anything in the forums for months and then I come out with short paragraph posts. I should post more.

LjguxPY.jpg

So, I've noticed and a lot of other people have noticed that there are no Jungles, Which basically means no jungle wood, cocoa beans, or ocelots.
At spawn will there be some kind of place for one to buy those?

Apologies in advance if this was already asked, but do you plan on making minecarts functional in creative? I started building a roller coaster before I realized that I couldn't actually get into the cart :p

Server is down for what?

Okay, I don't go online everyday, so I didn't know the constant disconnecting was fixed. When I went online after that post, I noticed I wasn't getting booted every 2 minutes and well, I WAS going to cross that part out, but I kept forgetting. I still think my idea would be good (in theory at least.)

I'm sorry I'm stupid and don't visit this thread much but...

Is someone doing a creative server!?
Remove all your items (armor included, just put them in a chest or something) and do "/creative".

Not sure about mine carts. In the past on t9k, they have been abused...

Back