• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Survival Moderator Team

Why do we need a moderator team in survival?

Grief? Then don't add people to your town plot... Or learn to use the system in place effectively to protect people.
Spammy douche? /ignore hooray!
Cheating? How do you know they are cheating? They say they have xray, screenshot, /ignore, report on forum, profit.

A moderator team is in classic due to the limitations classic has, survival has more capabilities to avoid unpleasant situations. I do agree on having some active 'trusted' T9K members in survival to show that we have a 'team' keeping an eye on things would be pretty nice for the community to see, but with recent events it would also limit those who are a part of the mod team to not go on other servers or other activities that could compromise their account.

I'm thinking that the map mod where people start with a 'rules & info' map in their starter kit would be pretty sweet to detail useful commands (if it could be implemented with little hassle to players, but I believe that also requires something client side.) Needless to say, Woot & Ozy have survival on their minds and have plans for it, just give them time and have patience :D.

~Bored

P.S. If they are advertising then follow same example as dealing with cheating.

I think woot would have to hand pick one and then ask for references like a resume. if the person fits to be a mod then give it to him. but there is also a 90 days probation period. woot or Ozy would be on the look out on there logs. I think casey and Jerzey proved a well point on the responsibility and the action to be taken seriously.

Why do we need a moderator team in survival?

Grief? Then don't add people to your town plot... Or learn to use the system in place effectively to protect people.
Spammy douche? /ignore hooray!
Cheating? How do you know they are cheating? They say they have xray, screenshot, /ignore, report on forum, profit.

A moderator team is in classic due to the limitations classic has, survival has more capabilities to avoid unpleasant situations. I do agree on having some active 'trusted' T9K members in survival to show that we have a 'team' keeping an eye on things would be pretty nice for the community to see, but with recent events it would also limit those who are a part of the mod team to not go on other servers or other activities that could compromise their account.

I'm thinking that the map mod where people start with a 'rules & info' map in their starter kit would be pretty sweet to detail useful commands (if it could be implemented with little hassle to players, but I believe that also requires something client side.) Needless to say, Woot & Ozy have survival on their minds and have plans for it, just give them time and have patience :D.

~Bored

P.S. If they are advertising then follow same example as dealing with cheating.

Went right over your head. Reporting on the forum takes time to get answered. In the meanwhile, the experience is getting ruined for other players.

Firstly, I do(last I was on) have the ability to kick and ban, which is primarily to handle the chat douches, however, I have not been on survival for forever and a half. Lately, this has been due to my move to Ohio and back to school, though now that I am settled in, I will be around more and available.

Second, There is a reason we have the systems in place that we have, to protect against the doucheyness...

Third, A couple more people, either moderation or adminness, would not be terribly amiss(namely to make the forum reporting process not be a 2 week ordeal, as well as general day to day moderation). My personal opinion is somewhere between 1 and 3 people.

Keep in mind, though, everyone. Admin-ness on le minecraft server is work, and pretty effectively drains the fun from the game. Moderator-ness isn't much better either.

</thoughts>

A moderation team would not just be in place to get rid of douchiness, but also help players transition more smoothly into the server. Just having a team that is there to assist players with questions means a LOT to new players. When people see a different color name in caht, it tends to stick out to them and they listen. There are a lot of advantages to having a small moderation team (I was actually thinking of 5-6) and it really speaks a lot to people out there looking for a server that we have staff that can catch the people who fall through the cracks of the system we already have in place.

Went right over your head. Reporting on the forum takes time to get answered. In the meanwhile, the experience is getting ruined for other players.
It didn't go over my head, just presented that we have tools in place to deal with situations before they are 'ruining' people's experiences. Kinda sad about /ignore being borked, but other then that many things can be dealt with or passed on to admins via forums or if they are serious issues they can be submitted via mantis.

All I could really see a moderation team being is just that extra administrative presence that Casey has said, they can give the 'official' in-game help to players and help them transition, but as far as full blown need for moderator team for issues in survival is where I'm meh about, it would be nice but is not entirely a necessity. :D

~Bored

way to go casey!
definitely down with this, at the very least i wont have to shout all over the forums about this anymore ;D

tbh everyone who is a pro+ on classic should be given this authority and there is no real reason why they shouldn't have any power on survival if they are trusted enough for the kind of power they get on classic.
But the thing is, pro+ admins on classic would still play survival, join a town and stuff. So they might cheeky /give themselves some items...
Just saying, but there still should be some restrictions for pro+

This moderator team would not be able to spawn items, or ban people. Those are things that can be requested through the forums and provided by the admin we already have. This moderator team would be the team that handles daily moderation and assists new players with integration into a minecraft style gaming experience. Not everyone that joins the server has played Minecraft before, remember that for a lot of people that get on, this is quite possibly the first time they ever played minecraft.

This moderator team would not be able to spawn items, or ban people. Those are things that can be requested through the forums and provided by the admin we already have. This moderator team would be the team that handles daily moderation and assists new players with integration into a minecraft style gaming experience. Not everyone that joins the server has played Minecraft before, remember that for a lot of people that get on, this is quite possibly the first time they ever played minecraft.

So like awesome rank in Classic without the ban and draw commands?

I'm okay with this.

I have a question since i was gone for a while and the server change. the server being hack was the reason why we didn't have mods or admins around? i don't want to derail the conversation but, would this be a reason to of having mods around? from what i was told Ozy was on the day of the attack. but back to the mod team i really agree with casey point, a small group of 5-6, we do have a great of mods on classic that could be mods on survival, it would be a great relief & stress for Ozy and woot plus adding more features to the server could over load it just like what happen yesterday, unless woot is planning to get a bigger computer server but i agree both Casey point and Jerzey, it is the responsibility of all minecraft users to respect all rules the minute they step in.

I don't see us getting any much bigger unless we all pay for a crazy single core server. All the heavily modded servers are usually donation servers. Woot's already paying out of pocket for ours. Hopefully we will have our multithreaded minecraft one day.

also if i could add something to this, regarding players that have never played minecraft need a different approach, this is where integrating admins from classic come in, since they are already experienced at dealing with noob players in a respectful manner (saying that from experience) i believe if the survival mod team consisted of people like that, we would get a lot of awesome new members and buddies in survival etc, also you'd might be surprised how many people that seem immature and annoying at first change when they are treated respectfully by a mod/experienced member...

also if i could add something to this, regarding players that have never played minecraft need a different approach, this is where integrating admins from classic come in, since they are already experienced at dealing with noob players in a respectful manner (saying that from experience) i believe if the survival mod team consisted of people like that, we would get a lot of awesome new members and buddies in survival etc, also you'd might be surprised how many people that seem immature and annoying at first change when they are treated respectfully by a mod/experienced member...

I agree, but you can't give EVERYONE the benefit of the doubt. From experience, we all know who is bored and trolling, and who has harsh intentions in the first place. Annoying and immature is tolerable. Spamming the server and attacking players is intolerable.

I agree, but you can't give EVERYONE the benefit of the doubt. From experience, we all know who is bored and trolling, and who has harsh intentions in the first place. Annoying and immature is tolerable. Spamming the server and attacking players is intolerable.
exactly! that's why a staff that knows how to handle a situation like that is needed, i mean my only point there was that i would support transferring some higher ranks from classic to survival as mods since they know how to deal with people ;D

exactly! that's why a staff that knows how to handle a situation like that is needed, i mean my only point there was that i would support transferring some higher ranks from classic to survival as mods since they know how to deal with people ;D
So we need people-people to deal with new purple. I mean people. Right?
You just read that in Patrick Star's voice

Back