• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

T9K dead?

Mumble is whatever. It's a part of the community.. So are the forums. Other than that.. It has nothing going for it. Community hosted servers are short-lived and are broken because other players are overseeing the server which makes it feel odd and uncontrolled.

Bringing back LTS gives people a way to chat, and play.. Similar to how Classic once was. LTS was just a good way of bringing the community together. Right now.. We have bugger all and have nothing else to do but post comments such as these.

I don't think it's dead. Just because we are killing off all T9k ran minecraft servers i don't see how that makes Team9000 dead?

Team9000 is not all minecraft.

Team9000 is not dead. It just now lacks an official Minecraft server. Which is by no means the only thing people here have played.

When was the last time you talked to more than 10 players in one day?

Quite often really.

Today, yesterday, and I will tomorrow. Just because YOU no longer find anything here to interest you does not mean the rest of us are so narrow-minded.

While I don't doubt this in your case....you are part of the core group of T9K.. That being said I don't think most will openly accept conversations with new members, nor will you recruit new members into said conversations. So your input and validity to the conversation may automatically be negated. Granted one may say my input is jaded and invalid but I'm tired of the conversation train where we accept the world as it is. Granted I have no right to expect SonicNES(woot) to deliver on any expectation that I may personally have as this is a free service for which I'm grateful......that being said it's a fucking free world and as a learning experience it may be well learned that people have every right to bitch and point out weak points.

I call shenanigans...list em out Waffles... I believe you in the fact that we used to play together...but I challenge you in the fact that you thought a dirt block hut was 'a good idea'.
Let's see,
Csimiami14, Motorkat, Sasquatch_Legend, That_taco_guy, Godliberator, Seargentbob23, Vorsprung, Dmax jumped in for a little bit, and if text counts then Patchouli, and Foxzm.

Also Bracabrad, never forget Bracabrad

I call shenanigans...list em out Waffles... I believe you in the fact that we used to play together...but I challenge you in the fact that you thought a dirt block hut was 'a good idea'.
Here's what i think. You are just seeing the Minecraft side of T9k and you refuse to see any other. In Minecraft terms yes T9k is dead. Team9000 no longer wants / needs non community ran servers. In other games (Yes we play those) and in gamenights we have been doing pretty well.

Please do not let your anger of LTS being shut down control how you act on the forums.

Personal opinion here, but I would say T9k is going through a transition period; where yes, the site is changing and some parts are dieing off. But that's the cycle of many things, where keeping a plant healthy requires trimming and pruning of the dead branches and leaves for better growth. Some think that Minecraft was the core element behind T9k, but really it was a portion of the website that, as time passed on was wearing on the resources given by the owner, and needed to be dealt with accordingly.

Why are you, the OP and others complaining that this community is dieing out just because it doesn't have what you're "used to" anymore? Yes I am sad that Survival died, I loved playing it while it lasted. However, the choice of the matter is in the hands of the owner, who is Graciously offering these services to you at No Cost. There are other great services available on this site if you fancy it, but in the end, when you rage-quit because you're not getting what you wanted, think about what you're Really rage-quitting from: an opportunity to prove you're not some immature mooch who can't stand having things they take for granted removed for the good of the site.

I don't think T9k is dead/dying. Moreso, it lacks a current "game of the moment". Yes, we have launch, and it's pretty bitchin' the amount of games we have access to servers of, but unless everyone has the drive to play the same game together for an extended period of time, it's only a temporary fix. I suggest getting on chat, or mumble and talking to people and see what people are doing. We will find our new Minecraft eventually. It's only a matter of time.

Yes I am sad that Survival died, I loved playing it while it lasted. However, the choice of the matter is in the hands of the owner, who is Graciously offering these services to you at No Cost. There are other great services available on this site if you fancy it, but in the end, when you rage-quit because you're not getting what you wanted, think about what you're Really rage-quitting from: an opportunity to prove you're not some immature mooch who can't stand having things they take for granted removed for the good of the site.

Please note that I never was unappreciative of the service offered as was mentioned in prior posts for this thread
Granted I have no right to expect SonicNES(woot) to deliver on any expectation that I may personally have as this is a free service for which I'm grateful......that being said it's a fucking free world and as a learning experience it may be well learned that people have every right to bitch and point out weak points.

T9k is just going through some growing pains, but the core members are too much of a family for this place to disappear. We might stutter for a bit, but we'll pick up new player databases here in a bit. I promise.

T9k is just going through some growing pains, but the core members are too much of a family for this place to disappear. We might stutter for a bit, but we'll pick up new player databases here in a bit. I promise.

Hope your right in the fact that you were one of the early 'mentors' in MC creative that hooked me on the community...but with no long term vision for the community (not saying MC is the only game that should be played)... the population will wilt and erode...anyone who sez the population has not suffered since MC being moved to fan based hosting shall be considered a liar (in my opinion).

Back