• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

T9K dead?

T9k thrived through the golden age of Minecraft and Ponies... which was like the economic boom time of T9k.

Now its just a period of slowdown. Until the next big thing hits.

In the meantime, its a good time to brainstorm for community projects and ideas.

Guildstomping reliable minecraft servers? I had mostly negative feedback about that for some reason. Like its a cardinal sin in the church of Wooty.

T9k thrived through the golden age of Minecraft and Ponies... which was like the economic boom time of T9k.

In the meantime, its a good time to brainstorm for community projects and ideas.

Guildstomping reliable minecraft servers? I had mostly negative feedback about that for some reason. Like its a cardinal sin in the church of Wooty.
I dunno why, we've done lots of it. We really had it going well during the time of Eagle Pass. Conveniently, that was also when we saw 80-90 people on during peak periods.

I dunno why, we've done lots of it. We really had it going well during the time of Eagle Pass. Conveniently, that was also when we saw 80-90 people on during peak periods.
A few of us have a pvp group called tempest. The issue with pvp severs these days is that most out them are "pay to win" servers with stupidly powerful donator perks. If anyone can find a real "skill" pvp server, I'm sure me, Ustulo, and a few others would be happy to participate.

I've been here for a long time (If you consider almost 3 years a long time) and I've witnessed countless changes to the community, from the start of the Public Alpha Server to the MLP craze and the eventual shutting down of LTS. Each time, similar threads and notions have been passed around the community stating that Team9000 is dead and so on and so forth. Yet, we still remain.

Team9000 will never truly die as long as the sense of community is still intact. Yes, changes will take place in the community and people will come and go but life continues on as usual. Minecraft may have been the main hub of community activity over the years and yes it's what introduced most of us to Team9000 but I'd like to believe that the majority of us didn't stay due to minecraft but due to community itself.

If you feel left out by whatever the hell the community refers to as the "core" members then don't. Some might disagree but we all make a difference and bring our own, for lack of a better term, value to the community itself. If there's a topic you wan't to discuss that's not already being discussed on the forums or on mumble, start a thread about it or hop on mumble and start interacting with members of our community that don't usually interact on the forums (It's ironic in my case, I know).

Well, That's my 2 cents.

I honestly didn't think people refer to other people as "Core members." (Which in my opinion is kind of silly)

This thread is a revelation to me.
wow such knowledge

Neither did I. I've only found out from this thread as well.

I find it rather silly to be honest with you.

I thought that the guys in rsmv's old Team9000 dancing video thing (from last spring) constituted the "core members".

I've been busy with both college and music. I've been able to get a job as a Sound Designer at a respectable company and might have some releases with big names. Though I have become less involved with the community, I've still checked in on the forums every single day. Even on my fresh install of Ubuntu T9k is my second most visited site.
I can also promise you that a bigger involvement with T9k, though in a different way than you'd think, is on the way. It'll be the revival of a fun little project that you might or might not enjoy.

I've been busy with both college and music. I've been able to get a job as a Sound Designer at a respectable company and might have some releases with big names. Though I have become less involved with the community, I've still checked in on the forums every single day. Even on my fresh install of Ubuntu T9k is my second most visited site.
I can also promise you that a bigger involvement with T9k, though in a different way than you'd think, is on the way. It'll be the revival of a fun little project that you might or might not enjoy.
You're dead to me until Broken Dreams is finished :p

Actually, it's rather ironic that by leaving it unfinished, Broken Dreams is, in fact, living up to its title.

If t9k was dead, then I wouldn't stalk the forums anymore. So me being here still stalking means it's not dead..... or is it and I don't know :confused:

I have been in enough forums to tell that neither the forums nor the whole t9k community is dead yet and I don't think it will be coming far too soon.

I think it's ironic how the thread claiming the death of the site was one of the fastest-replied to threads I've seen in a while.

The community or site isn't dying. There are things going on that not everyone is privy to that will make our enjoyment of gaming together better. I'm looking forward to it, even though I honestly haven't the foggiest idea what exactly it is.

I think Casey said it already (to some extent, anyways) but probably bears repeating: If you're bored or feel that the community is withering, then do something about it. No one person is above another, and if you've got a good idea other people will back you and help out if you need it. If you've got a game you enjoy playing and want other people to play with you, then speak up! Start a thread about it. We're all gamers and we're all looking for something new or different or even old to play.

mlp.jpg

Back