• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

T9K dead?

Personally, I'm in a transition period myself. I think I've turned away from video games/online communities to do different things with my life. As of right now, I work full time... and will potentially be starting a business on top of that. Aside from there, I've been hanging out with a lot of my offline friends lately, and doing things that I never used to.

And on top of that... and I've said this before... things don't feel the same around here. Things have changed... there isn't minecraft to unite us any more. But you know what? I haven't played minecraft in forever.

I think about a year ago I said the same thing about team9000... I thought it was dying. To tell you the truth, I didn't think we'd make it to PAX last year. I probably thought that the year before, too. But to tell you the truth... this is just the way things are around here. Things go in shifts. Yes, we've lost some people this time... most of those people were only interested in minecraft. Team9000 was here before MineCraft was a thing (I know some of you can't remember that far back because you were like 9 back then). But we'll get through this. We always do.

In my experience, there is one thing that helps get this place active more than anything else, and that's being active. I know that sounds like the most obvious thing ever, but the more active you are the more likely other people are to be active with you. If you just lurk the forums once a day and think to your self "I wish more people were here..." you're not going to help. Post something new. Start a thread where you type with your feet, post a picture of your cat dressed up like all of the avengers, create a forum game where you have to find a random picture of a shark playing a fiddle on the internet (Please note: A Shark playing a Violin is not acceptable).

If you start posting more, and being active, and giving people a reason to post with you, you'll see all sorts of people come out of the woodwork. Plus, casey needs people to ginger with.

EDIT: *Facepalm* This took less time than expected.

As Chiba said, Team 9000 is not dead...... we're just not completely unified as a community at the moment.

Minecraft is what brought many (if not most) of us here, be it Classic or Survival. Back in 2011-mid 2012, I knew I could hop onto Survival, talk with some awesome people and have a great time. When Survival started to die, I began gradually feeling more separated from everyone.

Right now, without that one big game bringing everyone together, everything just feels scattered. It's not the fault of community run servers, it's not the fault of Wooty, and it's not our fault. As gamers, we like to play different things. We all have different tastes and interests. In a way, it's beautiful.

However, without that one universal game that everyone plays and enjoys from time to time, we'll continue to be at least a little scattered. While I don't believe it's impossible for another game as universally played as Minecraft to come out, I won't hold my breath on it.

In short, Team 9000 isn't dead, it's scattered and divided. It's not our fault, it's just part of the nature of the gaming industry. We'll get through it.

I really wouldn't say T9K is dying, but there is definitely a low period. However most of the active members are here for the social community. We all came here for the games, but for many people the social interactions on the forums and mumble form more of the community than any games. So I think that even if something as horrid as video games being outlawed came to pass, T9K would still survive.

I've been more active since the Minecraft server was taken down than I have been in almost a year. Aside from that, I don't consider myself a part of the core group, and I'm pretty happy about that, since I consider most of the core group to be standoffish assholes. Good for a short conversation, but real pricks once you get to know them.

I've been more active since the Minecraft server was taken down than I have been in almost a year. Aside from that, I don't consider myself a part of the core group, and I'm pretty happy about that, since I consider most of the core group to be standoffish assholes. Good for a short conversation, but real pricks once you get to know them.
I love you so much

Shame the definition of the core group changes from week to week due to the random hostility between people for the past few months.

My feelings? just read https://www.team9000.net/entries/not-so-much-a-rant-more-like-speaking-somewhat-freely.1945/ which a fair amount of people did. but i'll just Highlight the main point of my feelings on t9k MC now and why i hate it:

All the servers that went up: 1) Either tekkit, FTB, Voltz, or some version of tekkit, 2) have some sort of gimmick that makes it nowhere near "vanilla" MC, 3) most, if not all of those servers are shutdown.

It's about a halfway point for me; Yes without t9k MC i find myself being able to game less with my friends here, but i also know i could just play tf2, or the ship. t9k isn't dead, it's just...."more spacious" if that makes sense; everyone is no longer clustered around one thing like they were with MC.

I've been more active on team9000 in recent weeks/months than ever before, maybe not so much on the forums since I've never been a forum sort of guy. But, I've been playing MvM in Tf2 with Sonic and Ozy non-stop for ages now. Also CS: GO.
I'm hoping that team9000 will get some dedicated TF2 servers soon. If we had a dedicated Payload, CTF, CTP, Doomsday, Trade, Unusual trade etc. servers for TF2 I think we would get a lot more traffic, and once people are part of the community they tend to stick around for a while.

In my opinion I think we should become a completely Build and Shoot (Ace of Spades Classic) focused community. It would be amazing xP

I think that we will eventually have to find a new "minecraft" because to be honest, as much as I love tf2 and want it to become more popular, it doesn't have the player capacity per server to provide for a great group experience. Minecraft was relatively easy on computers, so basically everyone could run it and it supported a lot of players so it was great for community based play.

Subject sez it all...

What are your thoughts? Fragment servers,, inconsistent community (and yes I know there are community hosted servers where friends still play).

Team9000 existed long before minecraft and will exist long after man, it's just that simple. I'm too busy to be as active as I'd like and even I know that there are several plans brewing, keep your eyes open and surf the forums a bit more, be thorough in your efforts haha don't just think the worst.

As of now, T9K is dead to me because there isn't much to do, Minecraft was the main thing I could play, because my computer could run it.

Hopefully I'll get back into T9K when I get me a good computer, but until that day... well, there's not much for me to really do.
Unless we have more Terraria Gamenights.

I honestly don't think T9k is dying. Just because T9k minecraft got killed of, doesn't mean that there isn't other stuff to do. Most of us have taken to other ways of gaming, (Hexxit, LoL, Steam, ect ect.) and we've had amazing times playing together. Just because minecraft is dead doesn't mean t9k is dying without it.

As of now, T9K is dead to me because there isn't much to do, Minecraft was the main thing I could play, because my computer could run it.

Hopefully I'll get back into T9K when I get me a good computer, but until that day... well, there's not much for me to really do.
Unless we have more Terraria Gamenights.
Yea I'm revamping my ideas for the whole Gamenights formula this month, I'm leaning in more of a direction of finding games that we don't usually play and that would be a blast for everyone to chime in on (if people recall the first GN success was amazing when we had around 30+ members show up for Killing Floor, but as the frequent GNs came up people lost interest in it) and it'll hopefully keep GNs fresh and exciting to intrigue more members back to playing with the whole crew.

Course we will be having a Terraria GN in Oct. when the 1.2 release is done (last info on 1.2 gave a Oct. 1 release date) and we'll have a huge amount of new content to check out. I expect it to be a decent sized GN, but not similar to the earlier Terraria nights when we had a large group due to better interest.

Also I'm electing to provide guidelines for people wishing to host their own GNs by means of communicating with me about scheduling and any co-hosts they will have for that night, for the most part those will probably exist through the week and may be common games that's played by people like TF2. It will be up to the host(s) to communicate/host those and if they are not hosted on time or if there are complaints about the host being a complete derp with the game they host I will take notice only and may effect their future chances of GNs.

~Bored

P.S. Posting stuff in the GN thread now to revamp things :) And T9k is still alive and kicking :p.

Minecraft had the problem of people building amazing things, then getting bored once finished. I think that frequent competitions of some kind (with leaderboards) could have helped, since it could have given people something to do after building (or to supplement building, assuming prizes/credits were involved) and would have made Minecraft more competitive.

Quite honestly for a lot of us minecraft was a short lived thing and I think it is wise for the community to try new things. if you really want like a hardcore minecraft experience play on a community one otherwise try different games. there are so many other games that are fun to play and provide content to you. look at me I came here as a classic person and now I play league of legends with a bunch of people who also enjoy the game. The point being open up your mind to new options, change can be rough but if done correctly then it will better in the long run. it is like investing in an new and uprising company, you have no idea if they will make it but your willing to give it a shot.

Quite honestly for a lot of us minecraft was a short lived thing and I think it is wise for the community to try new things. if you really want like a hardcore minecraft experience play on a community one otherwise try different games. there are so many other games that are fun to play and provide content to you. look at me I came here as a classic person and now I play league of legends with a bunch of people who also enjoy the game. The point being open up your mind to new options, change can be rough but if done correctly then it will better in the long run. it is like investing in an new and uprising company, you have no idea if they will make it but your willing to give it a shot.
That's basically what I said... right?

That's basically what I said... right?
Totally!!! :D If we say it enough it might actually get through! I basically agree with your position on the subject matter at hand and felt like contributing to the thread.

I'm also with you on not wanting to game as much. Maybe it is the process of getting older or maybe I still need to upgrade to a better rig but in general I feel like the desire to game is waning.

People complaining about a dead Team9000 is really ironic.

If you have time to post a thread like that, you have time to post a thread of great contribution or interest. If you're really concerned about "T9k dead" post something worth replying to or something.

We are a tiny forum compared to some of the huge internet forums out there, and I like the fact that we have a dedicated group of people doing whatever we feel like doing. I don't have a problem with website inactivity; I would rather post once a week than post once a day and barely be identifiable in a big crowd of people. I would hate for T9K to turn into IGN or something.

Back