T9K Official Game Nights Info Thread!

Yeah we played another game but after that many people had to leave (including me) But still a very fun gamenight :D

Yeah we played another game but after that many people had to leave (including me) But still a very fun gamenight :D
Riein won, I came second, people exhibited a complete lack of understanding of the basic concepts of Juvenalian satire

~ Mech Warrior Online hasn't been in the roster for a while, we could do that again?
I had a plan to host a MWO game night in late September as celebration of the game's full release. I suppose I could move it closer if we run out of game ideas for the next month.

I had a plan to host a MWO game night in late September as celebration of the game's full release. I suppose I could move it closer if we run out of game ideas for the next month.
hmmmmm, that does sound like a good idea :3 well, my other suggestions still stand.
EDT: after this next paycheck, I'm considering buying a 4-pack of Chivalry to hold a raffle prior to a game night (its $25 otherwise at full price)

EDT: so War Thunder is a pretty fun game... its WWI era aerial fighting! plus you can host your own game and as far as I can see some maps can hold up to 20 people (in two teams of 10). AND ITS FREE :eek:

When we have another TrackMania Nations Forever gamenight, we should do this:
USER SUBMITTED TRACKS
If you didn't know that there's a track editor, you do know now. Basically, we submit our own tracks to be played on the server. How we do this, I'm not sure. Then, we race on them. Rules on how the track has to be constructed is up to the host. Also, if we did this last time, disregard the user submitted tracks idea.

Well while I'm figuring on a new structure for gamenights, LIVESTREAM?!?!?!?

Edit (8/31/13): I'll be livestreaming around 6pm CST some random game while chatting with peoples about random stuffs via the twitch chat (since livestream people won't see/hear mumble stuff unless we do co-hosts with a multiplayer game, play it by ear :p) and yeah that'll be fun I guess.

Hooray! With the 1 year anniversary around the corner for GNs I have revamped things a bit and hopefully this will give those interested in helping out a bit of details on what I'm looking for. Some of the guidelines may change if people bring up any issues, but it doesn't look to shabby :).

Btw moved the MVPs list to 2nd post for better indexing.

~Bored

Thought I'd remind everyone that the Terraria 1.2 update is on October 1st, and people were interested in running a gamenight on it following the update. I can't host it myself, but I'm hoping someone else will.

Thought I'd remind everyone that the Terraria 1.2 update is on October 1st, and people were interested in running a gamenight on it following the update. I can't host it myself, but I'm hoping someone else will.
I'll be hosting on the 5th, just haven't added it yet :p.

Assuming the native server still works, I'll put up a stock server if you remind me a day in advance.

Thanks all who attended the 1 yr anniversary Killing Floor Game Night, we were able to down the Patriarch everytime and had lots of fun! Just a reminder we will be having the Terraria 1.2 GN on Oct. 5th at 6PM CST (if all goes according to plan regarding the Oct. 1st update and server software is not buggy.) See ya there ladies and gents!

~Bored

Updated for Terraria GN on Oct 5th at 6pm CST. Be aware these usually last for a long time so feel free to drop in anytime after the start time and we'll help get ya started :D.

Have you ever played Civilization? You can't just have a gamenight with that. Unless you like only just making it to the Medieval era, then just stopping playing.
I have played Civ and I know how long it takes, but I haven't played so much multiplayer and don't know how exactly how the map would be saved across days.

I have played Civ and I know how long it takes, but I haven't played so much multiplayer and don't know how exactly how the map would be saved across days.
Imagine how long you take for your turn. Now times it by the number of other people playing. This is the time you must wait between turns, and is why no one plays large scale multiplayer Civ.

Back