T9K Official Game Nights Info Thread!

Imagine how long you take for your turn. Now times it by the number of other people playing. This is the time you must wait between turns, and is why no one plays large scale multiplayer Civ.
Actually that isn't true at all. The multiplayer is different than a normal game when it comes to turns. You can set a basic time limit if you want and instead of everyone going one after the other, it actually has everyone take their turn at the same time. So if you are at war with someone, whoever moves their guys first gets the upper hand.

Also for saving I'm not sure if everyone can do this or only the host but you save the game as if it was a normal Civ game. If a person is no longer there when the game starts back up then they are replaced with an AI.

How about we do a Counter-Strike Source gamenight?
CS : S is fucktons better than CS:GO
It's the pinnacle of semi-realistic gaming

Pls?

~8 hours til Terraria GN! Thanks for the super fancy update to the front page Wooty :D.

A lot of people on here are into LoL, so they would probably get the basic gist of it. The experienced players could always play left-handed/without hotkeys (or both at the same time).

The learning curve for DotA 2 is just too steep for a game night. The client is also very unintuitive and frustrating for new people. And going from LoL to DotA 2 is not as easy as you make it sound. The games have VERY different mechanics, even if the general game play is the same.

EDIT: Also, does anyone have an extra copy of terraria laying around from the numerous sales? I just re-installed windows 7 on my boot camp and can take a shot at playing the windows only games with you all for game night! I would prefer to not pay the full $10, but I will if I have to.

Speaking of the Civ V possible Game Night (week) it's on sale currently for 75% off on Steam so for those who enjoy the civilization series here's your chance :D Gonna do some play tests myself and see how feasible it'll be to have a longterm campaign (since we were talking about it over Risk that something of this magnitude would be interesting.)

~Bored

Updated for a quick TF2 event hosted by ConroD for tomorrow (10/18) at 7pm CST. Mind you he will be hosting so any inquiries should be directed to him via FB group or PM on here.

~Bored

ConroD has postponed TF2 GN for a week due to him being a derp chav. I do not have anything planned this weekend as will be busy with real life stuffs.

Back