• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

T9K reunion server

If you guys do get around to running a t9k reunion server, I'd highly suggest building in the same city at the start rather than going off in separate directions starting your own villages. That would help build up the sense of community between you guys.

As far as having a server without towns, I'm testing out an idea on my server that can minimize the need for admins (or more specifically, their use of creative/op status). Using LogBlock, anyone can check block history by right-clicking on a block with a stick.

I don't have room on my server for another game server, and I don't know that my pc would be able to run one. Not with all the other stuff I do on it, and I'll be honest, it's time for an upgrade.

Just a koala's two cents.

Lovely imput, and yes. I can see how what I was saying would translate into a sort of 'join our town or else nothing'

I think it'd be fine if people can join the server, but go off on their own adventure. But If they do it'd be nice if they hopped on mumble or perhaps just kept in touch with people around them.
Really it's for whatever you want, for whatever anyone wants.

If you guys do get around to running a t9k reunion server, I'd highly suggest building in the same city at the start rather than going off in separate directions starting your own villages. That would help build up the sense of community between you guys.

Yea, I think it'd be best if there were two options where people join together in one town, or you can just wander out on your own accord.

As far as having a server without towns, I'm testing out an idea on my server that can minimize the need for admins (or more specifically, their use of creative/op status). Using LogBlock, anyone can check block history by right-clicking on a block with a stick.

That'd be perfect, since usually a lot of people who Admin normally have to either not exactly /play/ or have slight advantages.
Whatever, anyone checking block history would be fantastic.

I don't have room on my server for another game server, and I don't know that my pc would be able to run one. Not with all the other stuff I do on it, and I'll be honest, it's time for an upgrade.

That's unfortunate, but oh well. I'm sure there'll be someone else willing to host for us.

I do like putting some more moderation in the hands of the players. I also liked the open world of the Outlands. That unlimited-but-not-stupidly-so world was amazing. And the whole idea of a world with very limited protections with portals into very small protected "towns" was great. I remember when it was odd to log on with less than 20 people online.

Lovely imput, and yes. I can see how what I was saying would translate into a sort of 'join our town or else nothing'

I think it'd be fine if people can join the server, but go off on their own adventure. But If they do it'd be nice if they hopped on mumble or perhaps just kept in touch with people around them.
Really it's for whatever you want, for whatever anyone wants.
That's what I had in mind. If anything, in-game chat would also suffice, just something to connect you to the people on the server. Besides, considering unless someone's will to put out an incredibly powerful server, the map will have a limit to how far it goes out, meaning there will be a demand for certain resources at some point, for everyone. Unless you want to trek across the map and risk dying incredibly far from home for what you want, bartering with other people would be the only way of getting it. So, the idea of playing as a total loner isn't going to get you very far. Communication is going to be a key thing in this server, I can tell.

Also, the idea of everyone being able to handle the checking of potential incidents would make several peoples' lives a lot easier, so fully supporting it. Hopefully we won't have incidents like that, but better safe than sorry.

As far as hosting volunteers go, I don't know if my residential internet connection can actually handle the kind of numbers that Team9000 used to have. Spigot and a low view-distance help, but the max I've ever seen online was 19. I do know that amplified settings made that worse (more data to send/receive).

As far as hosting volunteers go, I don't know if my residential internet connection can actually handle the kind of numbers that Team9000 used to have. Spigot and a low view-distance help, but the max I've ever seen online was 19. I do know that amplified settings made that worse (more data to send/receive).

If i remember, back when the search for a new host for t9k survival was still around, Kagato was mentioned a few times.

Not saying he'd do it/making him feel inclined, but see what he has to say.

If i remember, back when the search for a new host for t9k survival was still around, Kagato was mentioned a few times.

Not saying he'd do it/making him feel inclined, but see what he has to say.
Kagato openly declined it. He said something along the lines of he didn't want to take on those kinds of responsibilities.

I would do the hosting, but something is very wrong with my computer in terms of doing anything Minecraft related. Neither the server nor the game itself will open. It works on my laptop just fine, but uh, it's a laptop.

I would do the hosting, but something is very wrong with my computer in terms of doing anything Minecraft related. Neither the server nor the game itself will open. It works on my laptop just fine, but uh, it's a laptop.
Try reinstalling Java if you haven't already.

The problem with minecraft is that it got boring fast. Most people moved onto other games and didn't want to come back to it. And with team9000 being what it is now, we don't only have one game that unites us all, we have variety. No matter how much stuff they added to minecraft, it became boring again. To those who still play it: I admire your ability to stick with it for this long. But I'm one of those people who moved on a long time ago.

You're jaded old man

What you have just described, my dear Beese, it's exactly what beta 1.8 was.

If it returned to those ways I would be on every day.

Players from all town and background were united. You either were played together as a group or you were a greifer (usually, obviously not always true). I can't explain the sense of community, but it was real. but for those that were on 1.8 if you played, you know what I'm talking about as we always had each others back. Today, when I see a name from a 1.8 beta, I would immediately give them full access to every chest I had with out blinking.

Today, when I see a name from a 1.8 beta, I would immediately give them full access to every chest I had with out blinking.
vvhitebuffalo. I could try to host this mythical server, though I'd have to clear it with the people currently using my server. And I get the feeling this is something that we might have to get right the first time.

vvhitebuffalo. I could try to host this mythical server, though I'd have to clear it with the people currently using my server. And I get the feeling this is something that we might have to get right the first time.
Well, the plan is, and always has been, don't fail. :p Remember, people, this isn't a 1/2/3/4 person job. If we want this to be a thing, we all need to help with it.

We either all succeed, or we all fail spectacularly. There is no inbetween. Let's stick with the plan that this community's known for and keep at it until it works. :p

Back