Team Fortress 2 Trade Thread

So yeah
440_screenshots_2013-02-12_00001.jpg

Why exactly have key prices been skyrocketing lately? I'd think the marketplace would cause that to go the other way (or maybe I lack Economics 101). It's making it rather difficult for people who only scrap spare weapons...

Why exactly have key prices been skyrocketing lately? I'd think the marketplace would cause that to go the other way (or maybe I lack Economics 101). It's making it rather difficult for people who only scrap spare weapons...
Eh, it's hard to say.

It could be argued that it's due to the fact hats in the Mann Co. Store are no longer dirty,
Or because people have been flagrantly stockpiling,
Or because it's become a more viable form of trading currency due to the rise of F2P.

No-one knows for sure and you can spend hours postulating and tracking trends.

It really gets you nowhere; all you need to know is that a key gets you somewhere, more now than ever.

Metal is overstocked from new hats being released.
No one wants to craft away there metal.
More Metal Stock=Cheaper Metal
Cheaper Metal=It takes more metal to equal the going price of keys in Paypal trading
Basically, metal decides all. Many seem to forget that, however.

Back