Team9000 Book Club Thread

Mightythedj23

Recently i've gotten back into seriously reading again; Each chance i get, be it in school, at work, on the bus, i am reading and a thought occurred to me: "Hey, why not a book club on t9k?" Sounded good enough to me, i mean it was made evident to me even more in my other thread "what book genre do you read?" that everyone on t9k reads, but the subject of books isn't really talked about much on t9k. (books are important mmk?)

So longish story short this thread's purpose is to talk about a book you're currently reading, just finished or looking for a book to pick up and enjoy for a short spell.

Tell about your feelings/thoughts/whatever else strikes your fancy in a book here :D

I'm finishing "To kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee, and i have to say i hate the Ewells. so fucking much. There's the Start now go on t9k and discuss your books :D

Currently being forced to read Lord of the Flies, and I must say, I hate it.

But on the flipside, I'm gonna start reading I Am Malala soon, once I finish To Kill a Mockingbird.

I read To Kill a Mockingbird a year ago and I thought it was pretty good.
My favorite book excluding comics would probably be Animal Farm. My father read it to be at a young age and I love reading it now.
I'm Reading V for Vendetta on and off with Walking Dead (More of a comic book guy myself) So far I think both are pretty good.

Currently being forced to read Lord of the Flies, and I must say, I hate it.

Personally, I loved Lord of the Flies. It is difficult to read at times, but the ending is very climactic and very entertaining. Although I did read it because I wanted to, and not because I was forced to...

I'm wrapping up Part 6 of Jojo, which is the last part I have yet to read, and then I plan on reading either The Flashpoint Paradox or Mass Effect: Revelations (the prequel about Saren)

I read To Kill a Mockingbird a year ago and I thought it was pretty good.
To Kill a Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby and The Outsiders were my favorite 3 books I read in school. Have you ever seen the movie of To Kill a Mockingbird? Cause its a 10/10 if you really liked the book.

I'm wrapping up Part 6 of Jojo, which is the last part I have yet to read, and then I plan on reading either The Flashpoint Paradox or Mass Effect: Revelations (the prequel about Saren)

To Kill a Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby and The Outsiders were my favorite 3 books I read in school. Have you ever seen the movie of To Kill a Mockingbird? Cause its a 10/10 if you really liked the book.
I saw the film and the only line I remember was "Addicus are you a nigger lover?". I thought it was good, but the book was better.

I'm currently attempting to read The Turn of The Screw for Extension 1 English. It sucks.

In other news I'm about to start reading The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

Personally, I loved Lord of the Flies. It is difficult to read at times, but the ending is very climactic and very entertaining. Although I did read it because I wanted to, and not because I was forced to...

Its one of those rare times for me when I actually don't like the book. Other books that I've had to read for school, on the other hand, I have greatly enjoyed.

Currently I'm reading LotR, I'm on book 4. Next I'll be reading the hunger games, then I'll read the harry potter series. The only problem is that my E-Reader (I really can't stand touching real paper. It feels just. Wrong. ._. ) is dead. So meh.

Currently I'm reading LotR, I'm on book 4. Next I'll be reading the hunger games, then I'll read the harry potter series. The only problem is that my E-Reader (I really can't stand touching real paper. It feels just. Wrong. ._. ) is dead. So meh.

The trouble with LotR is (to me, anyway) you will set your expectations quite high after you finish, due to it being so good. Took me maybe a year to find a series as immersive and intricately woven as LotR, Tolkien made reading briefly lose it's pull.

Currently reading Stephen Hawking's The Grand Design and Alan Glyn's The Dark Fields. Both are pretty hard to put down, and considering The Grand Design is non-fiction, that's quite impressive aha.

Also, The Wheel of Time series has had my attention for far too long, definitely recommend it to any fantasy genre fans.

Finished the Divergent series a few weeks back, I actually never finished the last book, it got confusing with the dual perspective and not telling which perspective it was from, and the story got bland after. I'm going to read Catch 22 soon, wonder how that'll be.

Finished the Divergent series a few weeks back, I actually never finished the last book, it got confusing with the dual perspective and not telling which perspective it was from, and the story got bland after. I'm going to read Catch 22 soon, wonder how that'll be.
It said which perspective in my copy...

PM me if you want to know what happens in detail, I'd be sad if I just dropped a series.

The chronicles of Narnia are amazing.
I've read every book twice.
Otherwise, not much of a reader.
Might try some of the suggestions in this thread though.

To Kill a Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby and The Outsiders were my favorite 3 books I read in school.
In English class we had to read The Outsiders. I found it good, and then we watched the movie which I liked because it stayed close to the story.

After I finish the Maximum Ride series, I'm thinking of reading the Divergent series.

A couple months back I finished reading the first book of The Once and Future King, which is titled "The Sword in the Stone." Difficult to read at some points, but an overall interesting book.

Before that, I read "The Old Man and the Sea," which was the first book that I had ever read written by Ernest Hemingway.

Currently reading "Stormbreaker: An Alex Rider Adventure," under the recommendation of a friend of mine. I had also attempted to read the original version of Moby Dick, but it was too much of a bitch to even get past the first few chapters, so I stopped, though I do plan on resuming in a few months, or even a year.

Finally, our English class is about to read A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens, and I'm hoping that it will be good.

My most favorite book, which came under another recommendation of another friend (thanks Sped), is Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline. It's a great read for most of our community, since we're all gamers, so I myself have to recommend it to the rest of you.

In English class we had to read The Outsiders. I found it good, and then we watched the movie which I liked because it stayed close to the story.

After I finish the Maximum Ride series, I'm thinking of reading the Divergent series.
If you are going to read Divergent, brace yourself, even though I didnt fully finish the series, it gets dry after the first book. Also, Amity rules btw.

A couple months back I finished reading the first book of The Once and Future King, which is titled "The Sword in the Stone." Difficult to read at some points, but an overall interesting book.

Before that, I read "The Old Man and the Sea," which was the first book that I had ever read written by Ernest Hemingway.

Currently reading "Stormbreaker: An Alex Rider Adventure," under the recommendation of a friend of mine. I had also attempted to read the original version of Moby Dick, but it was too much of a bitch to even get past the first few chapters, so I stopped, though I do plan on resuming in a few months, or even a year.

Finally, our English class is about to read A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens, and I'm hoping that it will be good.

My most favorite book, which came under another recommendation of another friend (thanks Sped), is Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline. It's a great read for most of our community, since we're all gamers, so I myself have to recommend it to the rest of you.

How did you like The Old Man and the Sea?

Also, A Tale of Two Cities is a great read in my opinion.

Back