Team9000 Book Club Thread

I'm currently immersed in the world of "The Cat in the Hat" It's a very riveting tale with many plot twists and humorous situations that an ordinary cat would never be involved in. I suggest it be read by candle light as that enhances the dramatic action that is fruitfully displayed in this wonderful book.

~Bored

Finished Hitchhikers book 1 earlier today. It is pure genius and comedic gold. Looking forward to reading the rest in the "trilogy".

I LOOOOOVEE Exodus by Leon Uris.

It's a great read, some parts are a bit of a grind, but if you can get through it, you'll enjoy it.

Recently finished the Hitchhikers quadrilogy. I recommend that anyone who has not read it, reads it asap.
The 'Inheritance' (Eragon) series is also a great read, if you are into that genre. But prepare for a disappointing ending (in my opinion at least).

Planning on re-reading 'The Hobbit', and then proceeding onto my first ever reading of the LOTR series.
Might have 'A Brief History of Time' somewhere in there too.

Also, The Wheel of Time series has had my attention for far too long, definitely recommend it to any fantasy genre fans.
Agreed. I started reading them in 2007, and finished the last book a day after it came out. What book are you on?

currently reading Stephen Hawking's The Grand Design and Alan Glyn's The Dark Fields.

I just finished reading Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time and I wondered how many other books he has put out. What would you suggest in me reading next on the physics trail?

I love James Patterson books and also finished The Jester, reading the Artemis Fowl series atm.

The 'Inheritance' (Eragon) series is also a great read, if you are into that genre. But prepare for a disappointing ending (in my opinion at least).

Yes, that ending was pretty terrible. But the author said he may bring back the Eragon characters later in the future so hopefully that isn't the end.

Dude Artemis Fowl is so good; i read the first 4 books, but every library i went to did not have the other 2 (i think there's more now)

I'm in the habit of reading whatever I have in my house or what my family gives for gifts. This ends up making me read books that are any sort of # in the series. I read the second book in the AT series first and I still can't find the first one in my house, even thou I've seen it before.

I am currently reading A Farewell To Arms by Ernest Hemingway. His writing style is extremely succinct to the point of it being blunt, but I enjoy it.

Dude Artemis Fowl is so good; i read the first 4 books, but every library i went to did not have the other 2 (i think there's more now)

I can attest to this. I've been looking for an excuse to read Artemis Fowl for a while now and I'm disappointed that I waited so long to do so.

The first two books are both engaging and highly entertaining from the outset. Fans of both fantasy and crime should enjoy this series from my impressions of the first two installments. While it may not be an intellectually challenging series and some may find it "childish", I've enjoyed my time spent with Artemis Fowl nonetheless.

I'm reading Threat Vector By Tom Clancy; AKA the guy who Wrote The Hunt for Red October

Sweet i can quote myself. #paraphrase.

But anyway, back to Threat Vector; it's a really good book so far, already into the 6th-7th chapter, and already it's immensly detailed; the opening on the first page is very decieveing.

Agreed. I started reading them in 2007, and finished the last book a day after it came out. What book are you on?

Finishing up book 5 atm, left it somewhere like 3 weeks ago and can't find it ffs.

I just finished reading Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time and I wondered how many other books he has put out. What would you suggest in me reading next on the physics trail?

Definitely Grand Design, it's truly brilliant. It'll ever so slightly alter the way you see the world haha.

I just finished reading The Fault in Our Stars. It was a sad yet beautiful book and I loved it. :')
320x469.png.bb592e8084950131f6b422000a2d0e7b.large

Now I have not read it yet but I hear that book is pretty horrid. I will sit down and read it one of these days when I feel like reading something awful again (last time this happened I read Mein Kamph). I agree with John Green on a lot of points but he invitations a politically correct haven where I look for a world where anyone and everyone can insult everyone else without restrictions so long as nobody is killed or horridly harmed. If you are interested in my point of view I would recommend reading Watchmen, V for Vendetta or spending all of 5 minutes on 4chan.org/b/. If you are more interested in his point you may want to look into the work of Victoria Summers. She is very extreme in her points but the ideals if both are quite similar. And I should probably point out she tried to kill Andy Warhol but it is still a good idea to check her out anyway.

Back