Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

We need to do like 1.6 beta and have skyways and undergrounds tunnels connecting everything, unless you already have that in which case ima stfu................or was that 1.7b........or 1.8..................i can't even remember anymore.................;(

facedesk_gif_by_katetls-d684dcx.gif

We need to do like 1.6 beta and have skyways and undergrounds tunnels connecting everything, unless you already have that in which case ima stfu................or was that 1.7b........or 1.8..................i can't even remember anymore.................;(

facedesk_gif_by_katetls-d684dcx.gif
We've had to do that from the start.

I don't know why, but I really want to point out that I really think the lawlessness is terrible.

Now everyone can murder anyone for no reason, steal their stuff, destroy their house, and not be punished for it. Why is this a popular opinion? No one was content being able to kill people for justifiable reasons? And having assholes get banned for being so?

I'm really considering not playing anymore after this. I've stayed away from every other server that has such system, and I don't feel like I can keep playing on this one now that it's like this.
If you had a justifiable reason to kill someone, then you had justification for a ban request. There really wasn't any need for PVP at all with our old rules. I personally don't know how to feel here. We can't make everyone happy, but 54% seems way too low for me to accept.

I don't know why, but I really want to point out that I really think the lawlessness is terrible.

Now everyone can murder anyone for no reason, steal their stuff, destroy their house, and not be punished for it. Why is this a popular opinion? No one was content being able to kill people for justifiable reasons? And having assholes get banned for being so?

I'm really considering not playing anymore after this. I've stayed away from every other server that has such system, and I don't feel like I can keep playing on this one now that it's like this.
With the way the server was set up, there was no such thing as a justifiable killing. Pvp was frowned upon no matter what and people who did it would risk gaining a bad reputation from players who don't realize the situation the player was put in. Allowing PvP would make it okay to defend ourselves and our belongings without fear of getting into trouble for doing so. Also, it adds the fun challenge of not accidentally murdering your friends with a fish by accidentally misclicking while trying to eat.

I voted for the option for the server to remain the same. The vote margins were very slim. However, I'm open to change and can adapt. The interesting thing is that this map is so huge and most of the veteran players know each other well enough that they're not going to kill each other unless they agree beforehand to pvp. I honestly don't think a whole lot is going to change except for when new players arrive. The nooblets are what we have to fear this most at this point.

I was going to build something right next to spawn in order to have a "nooblet station," but now I think I'll forget that, and instead just stay far away from other people.

Also, I would like to put forward a motion that removes the "grief allowed" option in the lawlessness. I think grief should always been frowned upon and bannable, regardless of whether stealing or pvp is allowed.

I'm going to remind people that "don't be a dick" includes an honour code. There will be an updated set of rules to cover things like offline grief, spawn-camping, and obliteration of builds (grief is one thing, but filling the house with dynamite is another altogether).

If you had a justifiable reason to kill someone, then you had justification for a ban request. There really wasn't any need for PVP at all with our old rules. I personally don't know how to feel here. We can't make everyone happy, but 54% seems way too low for me to accept.
If there's a justifiable reason to kill someone, then yes there is a reason for you to put out a ban request. However, if you see a reason to kill someone, you're going to kill that person before making the ban request because items and grief are nonrevertable under the current rule set in order to mitigate any damage that said person will cause.

If there's a justifiable reason to kill someone, then yes there is a reason for you to put out a ban request. However, if you see a reason to kill someone, you're going to kill that person before making the ban request because items and grief are nonrevertable under the current rule set in order to mitigate any damage that said person will cause.
Exactly.

I think the point is that if people steal/grief and we ban them, the victim has no chance at recovery of items. At least now, they have a chance to get their shit back.
We always had a chance of getting our shit back. It was called killing them for theft.

There will be an updated set of rules to cover things like offline grief, spawn-camping, and obliteration of builds (grief is one thing, but filling the house with dynamite is another altogether).

Really? It sounds like "lawless" isn't as devoid of law as it sounds. All along it sounded like all the rules I wanted to protect me in the way that I wanted were unfair towards the people who wanted lawlessness, now it seems that they just wanted different laws to protect them the way they want, and it wasn't about "unfair" at all, just about what they want being more important than what I want.

[Edited: oops, hit "post" too soon]

I just really dislike that anyone who's a dickbag pretty much can just stay around now being a dick.

Sure, if someone steals your stuff now, you can go kill them (maybe) and take it back.

And then they can come back and kill you. Or someone else. I just don't see how complete chaos is preferrable.

Sheep Pen Application
IGN: Kingjok3r
Length of time with Team9000: Over 3 years
Last official map you played on: Hmm.. I can't remember the last one I was active on :eek:

Really? It sounds like "lawless" isn't as devoid of law as it sounds. All along it sounded like all the rules I wanted to protect me in the way that I wanted were unfair towards the people who wanted lawlessness, now it seems that they just wanted different laws to protect them the way they want, and it wasn't about "unfair" at all, just about what they want being more important than what I want.

[Edited: oops, hit "post" too soon]
Lawless except for unfair. Causing grief when someone doesn't have the opportunity to fight back because they aren't around is unfair. Slaying nooblets because they don't have gear over and over is unfair. Standing beside someone's bed and killing them as soon as they respawn is unfair. In short, the only thing that really changes is now if someone annoys you, you can go kill themand take their stuff without fear of punishment instead of waiting for an admin to maybe decide that you should suck it up.

Lawless except for unfair. Causing grief when someone doesn't have the opportunity to fight back because they aren't around is unfair. Slaying nooblets because they don't have gear over and over is unfair. Standing beside someone's bed and killing them as soon as they respawn is unfair. In short, the only thing that really changes is now if someone annoys you, you can go kill themand take their stuff without fear of punishment instead of waiting for an admin to maybe decide that you should suck it up.
So, griefing and theft while the user is offline is not allowed / nearby and will be reverted?

I think the Idea was to make it 'feel' like the 1.8/1.9 Beta.... if you recall we had to make a lot of ban posts for Griefing and Stealing. But we also were quite happy to kill offenders (and more often died at a few of their hands).

No where was the rule that Griefing/Spawn killing was ok, it was just accepted that players were at risk for that kind of activity.

Just my two cents

I just really dislike that anyone who's a dickbag pretty much can just stay around now being a dick.

Sure, if someone steals your stuff now, you can go kill them (maybe) and take it back.

And then they can come back and kill you. Or someone else. I just don't see how complete chaos is preferrable.
Some of us have our fondest memories of T9K's survival servers on the ones where we had to band together to survive or risk losing everything, and of course, our lives. So we want it to return to being like that so that we can sort of "re-live" those ways of old that brought us together. Does everyone want that? No, and I understand that. But those of us who do, want it because it's essentially what made us friends to begin with.

Also:
No where was the rule that Griefing/Spawn killing was ok, it was just accepted that players were at risk for that kind of activity.
This is very true. We understood the risks and were willing to accept that it could happen. If you remember how those worlds were, beds did not work. At all. So if we died, we had to travel all the way back from spawn, where there was the possibility of either monsters or players waiting at spawn to kill us (The spawn wasn't protected at all back then).

Basically, some of us wanted it brought back because it brought a sense of camaraderie between those who were willing to see past their differences and lend a hand to help one another, even in the face of those who wanted to hunt us for sport. It was FUN.

Back