Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

True, but if you were to find regular chests, you wouldn't be able to find where they were.
Normal chests have set locations where they're likely to be.

Besides, it makes the game more dynamic. (espically with the Hinterlands being a lawless hell-hole now, maybe fights will happen. :D)

Yaaaaay fights over relatively useless stuff! I should note that the crystals won't give you anything you couldn't normally find in chests anyway. It's just a stopgap measure.

Yaaaaay fights over relatively useless stuff! I should note that the crystals won't give you anything you couldn't normally find in chests anyway. It's just a stopgap measure.
I didn't think we were fighting. I wasn't criticizing, just giving my reasons for my vote.

I voted no, because there is no clarity on how far away the command work.
...it says it tells you how far you are from the nearest one. I think that's pretty clear it works wherever.

Also, you voted no based on that? So you'd rather get nothing than not know where one is...?

Not to sound bitchy or anything but I'm just so confused by this reasoning.

Southbridge Application
IGN: Havochron
Length of time with Team9000: since 2012
Last official map you played on: Everyone since old team9000 survival

Really getting tired of being griefed by nubs to the server just want a protected area that i can build in without worry of my creations being destroyed
I work lots and dont have to much time to play but i try to log on for at least an hour everyday. thanks for consideration

Southbridge Application
IGN: Havochron
Length of time with Team9000: since 2012
Last official map you played on: Everyone since old team9000 survival

Really getting tired of being griefed by nubs to the server just want a protected area that i can build in without worry of my creations being destroyed
I work lots and dont have to much time to play but i try to log on for at least an hour everyday. thanks for consideration
Added

...it says it tells you how far you are from the nearest one. I think that's pretty clear it works wherever.

Also, you voted no based on that? So you'd rather get nothing than not know where one is...?

Not to sound bitchy or anything but I'm just so confused by this reasoning.

I'm not in favor of it working from everywhere. I think if it started working once you were within 300 blocks of one, then that'd be great. It's not like you know where a dungeon is from the other side of the world, so why should this be treated differently? Finding this should be a reward for those who happen upon. Not really in favor of everyone chasing after the same location. If I happen to be in that location then I don'twant people coming across me and murdering me because they think I'm after the same thing...

That's my reasoning. You can disagree with it, and I'm fine with that. That's why we have the poll.

I'm not in favor of it working from everywhere. I think if it started working once you were within 300 blocks of one, then that'd be great. It's not like you know where a dungeon is from the other side of the world, so why should this be treated differently? Finding this should be a reward for those who happen upon. Not really in favor of everyone chasing after the same location. If I happen to be in that location then I don'twant people coming across me and murdering me because they think I'm after the same thing...

That's my reasoning. You can disagree with it, and I'm fine with that. That's why we have the poll.
I voted for the crystal, but without the command. I am in favor of this, though. If the command were to tell you within a 300 block radius, sure. The whole map? No thank you.

The ender crystal is an entity, like a mob or an item. We'd just spawn it on the highest block at a set of coordinates.

Highest block? Does that refer to the air block at level 256, the tallest tree, or the highest land elevation within a certain region?

Concept pics, man!

Back